• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Army Rangers in the house?

jbfurdog

Hi all,

My son just finished up Jump school and got his airborne wings. Next up for him is RASP. Anyone have any expierences to share to help me ease my anxiety?

I have known a lot of Rangers. Quite a diverse range of characters and personalities, but damned solid guys.
If I'm remembering the content of your previous posts on his adventure, I feel hopeful he's gonna nail it. :)

I have known a lot of Rangers. Quite a diverse range of characters and personalities, but damned solid guys.
If I'm remembering the content of your previous posts on his adventure, I feel hopeful he's gonna nail it. :)
Thanks sir.

2 things he needs more than any other

Dedication
Teamwork

I have seen so many of my fellow Army buddies make it through Pre-Ranger selection and come out the other side that I never would have thought they were cut out for it. Then, I have seen so many that I thought were lock, fail out........

From what I have been told, it is tough, but not that hard if you want it.

Tim

Staying healthy will be his biggest challenge most likely. Injury gets most of the recycle numbers from what I understand.

Reactions: MX
My son has opted out of RASP for now. Apparently there is a thing called pre-RASP and he'd have to be in it for 8 weeks then actual RASP for another 8 weeks. He's chosen to go to an airborne unit to get his military career underway.

Bragg then?

T

well if he is already ABN, then he will go to Bragg or Italy......most likely

well if he is already ABN, then he will go to Bragg or Italy......most likely
I was asking him a bit about it last night. He says probably the 82nd. Will know more in 2-4 weeks

82nd is a great place to cut your teeth....he will know what right looks like, and how some people can take "right" to far "left"