• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Car enthusiast's here?

zachglasser

Growing up me and my father love cars and love everything to do with them, my first car was a v6 mustang which peaked my interest like crazy. I worked 2 jobs when I turned 16 (at a mustang modding shop, and then at firehouse subs) to save up for a GT mustang. Most of my money came from the shop of course, being paid under the table and such, but I finally got one.
Only the exhaust has been done too it.
If any of you have Instagram, look up gtmustangf150 and that's pictures of my cars + my profile picture

There's a few cars on here that will make you need a cold shower. Hope they show themselves... :)

If/when gtadroptop pops in to check the board, he will chat your ear off...lol

Besides cigars,I have been a motor head since the 1960's. Currently, I own AND DRIVE, a 65 Custom Vette (it was all stock when I bought it 33 years ago). In 1990 I I stripped it down & painted it candy apple red with flames on the hood & sides. Left the bumper off & built a stainless bar grill for it. Put a new interior in it & built a killer 350 motor, topped off with 2 4 barrel carbs. It was dynod at 435 hp, and a 1934 Ford 5 window coupe with a 289 mustang motor, C-4 trans with an 8 inch ford rear. Just sold a 32 Ford hi- boy Roadster that I built with a 350 motor topped off with a 671 blower, turbo 400 trans & a 12 bolt rear. Some of my other cars I had were a 396 Chevelle that ran B modified, a 1939 Chevy with a Chevy 348 motor that ran C gas( I think) that was a long time ago, & a Super Stock I Duster. At the age of 69 I still do about 90% of my own work. If I ever figure how to post pics, will do. Hope some others jump in here with there rides.

396 motors are beasts...
Bet that Chevelle was fun.

The 396 was crazy fast by 1968/1969 standards. It was a1966 Chevelle SS that came with the base 325 HP motor. When I was done with it, it was pushing around 475 horse, with a Crane cam, lifters, & roller rockers along with ported heads. It had a 4 speed close ratio trans with Hurst linkage & shifter with 390 gears in it. Also did suspension work so it ran straight. It ran the 1/4 mile in 12.7 seconds at around 103 mph.

The 396 was crazy fast by 1968/1969 standards. It was a1966 Chevelle SS that came with the base 325 HP motor. When I was done with it, it was pushing around 475 horse, with a Crane cam, lifters, & roller rockers along with ported heads. It had a 4 speed close ratio trans with Hurst linkage & shifter with 390 gears in it. It ran the 1/4 mile in 12.7 seconds at around 103 mph.

Buddy of mine had one in his el Camino.
Not sure what all he had done to it, but the fuel line was like 1/2" or 5/8" tubing. I think he had a Dominator 1050cfm carb.
Also, he had a wet nitrous system that would hit it with another 400+HP.

He took it to Royal Purple got get kicked out for running faster than nhra would allow without a cage.

We would tease him that his cars fuel economy was measured in gallons per 1/4 mile.

Nitrous will really boost the HP drastically but can cause severe damage to your motor when not regulated properly. My buddy was running it in a 350 motor that was rated at around 700 HP.
I use to tell everybody my Chevelle only had 18,000 miles on it.......... A quarter mile at a time!

When I was 19, I thought I was a badass in my 1991 Camaro RS with the 305. I didn't know much about cars, just that I wanted a Camaro since I was a teenager (I grew up in NE Pennsylvania -- what do you expect?!?). It was only years later I realized that thing only put out about 170 HP at the crank, and even less go-power at the rear wheels. But, I loved that car and it was all I hoped the "Camaro experience" would be as a kid. Now 20 years later I can safely say I've got it out of my system, and I've moved on to Big Dumb Trucks and breaking Jeeps. :D

I'm getting too old for this shit, though. I need to get me a Cadillac soon.

Maybe an ATS-V with 600 hp. Hey, I'm not THAT old, yet!

Neighbor across the street just picked up a Factory Five Racing '33 Ford kit car.

Little does he know, but I'm his new best friend. :D:D:D

If I had the garage space, I'd have already gotten one of these to build.

When I was 19, I thought I was a badass in my 1991 Camaro RS with the 305. I didn't know much about cars, just that I wanted a Camaro since I was a teenager (I grew up in NE Pennsylvania -- what do you expect?!?). It was only years later I realized that thing only put out about 170 HP at the crank, and even less go-power at the rear wheels. But, I loved that car and it was all I hoped the "Camaro experience" would be as a kid. Now 20 years later I can safely say I've got it out of my system, and I've moved on to Big Dumb Trucks and breaking Jeeps. :D

I'm getting too old for this shit, though. I need to get me a Cadillac soon.

Maybe an ATS-V with 600 hp. Hey, I'm not THAT old, yet!

You never get it out of your system,like I said I am 69 & can't wait for the spring to get the Vette out & start banging gears again. Looking forward to making a couple of 1/4 mile passes again.
BTW, agree with the Caddy thing. That's my daily driver.

Been a gearhead my whole life... current project is a #s matching 64.5 Mustang 289 4bbl car with 3spd manual... still in the planning stage and haven't decided whether to restore her or restomod her...

Go original you can get a 65 all day and have a restomod, cant find the 64.5's everywhere.

Reactions: AVB
Go original you can get a 65 all day and have a restomod, cant find the 64.5's everywhere.
Return on investment is what is most likely the key factor... unless its a true gem (K code car for 64.5 if my memory serves me correctly), the return on them is just not there... I have a buddy that took one back to full resto and got less than half of what he had into it at auction. Im not particularly looking to sell this one when it's done, but I've said that before with so many others as well. There's only been one I've ever regretted selling. It was a 396 Chevelle I poured my heart and soul into as a teen, but the price was right and the cash was green. Oh well, I'm always looking for the next project....
-Mike