• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Port in a Storm

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
A small herf at the house with some of my best CP buddies who were able to attend we did a stint of port debauchery before getting down to some serious drinking. We started out with some shots from the table bottle (more about that in a bit) before hitting the burgers and Bacon Explosion. To help digest we started on the port, lots of port some of which the highlights were:

Warre’s 1985 Vintage Port, 91 points Wine Spectator ~$90
Offley 2000 Boa Vista Vintage Port, 92 points Wine Spectator ~ $70
Dow’s 1994 Vintage Port, 97 points Wine Spectator ~ $90
Taylor’s Vintage Port 1994, 100 points Wine Spectator ~ $175
Dow’s 2007 Vintage Port, 100 points Wine Spectator, ~ $100
Taylor’s Vintage Port 2007, 94-97 points Wine Spectator ~ $80

Ports.JPG

(not the correct stoppers but these are easier to remove than a cork)

My thanks to (in order of arrival) CigarDawg, BobbyRitz, ToneNY, Rob300C and although he couldn't make it he sent a bottle anyway, Devil Doc. A finer more generous group of guys you'd be hard pressed to find.

Now if you have read this far you should be thinking "What the hell is AVB doing drinking port?" Never-fear, there was a table bottle of scotch and the first one to name the distillery it came from will win a prize. 5 guesses a day allowed. This is DONE.
Good Luck!

Laphroaig

I really like the ports I have tried, but nothing to that effect. Nice spread fellas!

Aberlour

Glenfiddich

Macallan

Glenmorangie

Thanks for the contest!

I had a great time yesterday. Thanks for the invitation and incredible show of hospitality. I need to run a few miles on the treadmill to counteract the bacon explosion! :D

I've not had much Port, but thought the idea was great and they were quite good.

Until next year...

Best,

Rob

Did I win?

Thanks for the great time and hospitality, Ray. Great to see good friends and share in drink, food and fine cigars! Sorry Doc couldn't make it, but I thank him for his contribution to the herf.

Sounds like a great time! Thanks for the contest Ray. Here are my picks:

Bowmore
Dalwhinnie
Monkey Shoulder
Chieftains
Caol IIA

Aberlour
Dimple Pinch
Oban
Glenlivet
Glenkinichie

Thanks for the contest brother, someone will be very happy soon! :p

Tomintoul
Mortlach
Little MIll
Glenrothes
Clynelish

Sounds like a good time with good company!

Sounds like a great night. For my guesses:

Ac Cnoc
Cragganmore
Bunnahabhain
The Speyside
Glengoyne

Thanks for the contest!

Highland Park, really a fine tasting Whisky.

Sounds like a great time!

Ardberg and Mortlach are the only two I can think of without looking up names. :)

John