• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Been waiting 14 years to smoke this baby! **crosses fingers**

wildcatboy

april29th.jpg

Good luck to you. They are playing exceptionally well.

I really wish you the best of luck on Kentucky, i have them to win the tounament this year here at CP! :)

Its a Makers Mark cigar. They release special bottles and that year a cigar to commemorate the winning of the National Championship.

PS...Makers Mark is one of my favorite drinks to enjoy with a cigar.

Kentucky was phenomenal last night. Congrats and I hope you enjoyed it.

Congratulations! Let us know how it smokes!

Been waiting 14 years, only 28 years old, been collecting/waiting since you were 14 years old.That has be be a record of some sort.....

Awesome--congratulations. Hope your cigar wasn't one of the many fires that had to be put out last night...

I've got a bottle of Illini Maker's Mark that I've had since 2001, waiting to be opened when we finally reach the top of the mountain. We came close in 2005, and I went so far as to bring it along with me to the Assembly Hall to watch the game, but alas, Sean May's giant ass kept us on the outside looking in.

IlliniMakersMark.jpg

Been waiting 14 years, only 28 years old, been collecting/waiting since you were 14 years old.That has be be a record of some sort.....

I guess I should clarify a little. No have not actually been waiting to smoke this for 14 years...but I have been waiting for championship #8 for 14 years.
I picked up the cigar along the way. When I saw it I knew I had to have it for the next time Kentucky reached the promised land. And with Maker's being my drink of choice it was a no brainier. I didn't really dip my feet into the cigar world until a few years ago. I have been a Wildcats fan since before I can remember. My dad got me into them at a very young age. Like any true fan you have to live through the lows before you get to the highs. It makes it that much sweeter. I have had the joy of both of my teams doing well this postseason (Ohio Bobcats/Kentucky Wildcats). I am an Ohio University Alum so it makes it that much sweeter...just because I went to Ohio doesn't mean I could abandon a life time of rooting for the Wildcats though. Living in Southern Ohio I have been to many UK games and just love the atmosphere. They take their basketball serious in Kentucky.

The smoke was pretty good for the obvious reasons (it was in celebration). As far as the actual cigar, it tasted very similar to other Maker's cigars I have had. Nothing spectacular but definitely not the worst either. A little dry...probably to be expected. It has been in my humi..but I don't know of its handling before it came to my possession.

Green-Monkey that is awesome. I'm hoping Maker's will release a special UK bottle for the sucess this season so I can do the same thing. On a side bar...you guys just signed our head coach (Ohio University's ---John Groce). I know he hasn't had the best reception from the Fighting I's but he is a great coach. You guys really got a gem of a coach. Hopefully he helps you crack that bottle open. Best of luck.

I am happy that you got to smoke that one! I went with a Cohiba in celebration of my alma mater's championship.

Kentucky basketball is really amazing. When I arrived at the University of Kentucky for my undergraduate years, I was a Louisville fan. Unlike most Kentucky fans, I do not hate Louisville. Being an Ohio resident, I also like Ohio State. Needless to say, having 3 of my top teams in the Final Four made for good entertainment. Ultimately Kentucky showed itself as the class of the tournament.

Let's see how Kentucky re-loads for next year...