• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer PIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
A kick ass California package arrived safe and sound last night.

Picture and question to come later today, stay tuned!

Alright, here is the bounty I collected in this BIF thanks to Mike.

2411096879_191f7545c5_b.jpg

From L to R: Alesmith Horny Devil, Old Numbskull, Port Moonlit Sessions Lager, Port Hop-15, Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock, De Dolle Extra Export Stout, John Barleycorn Barley Wine Style Ale.

Awesome selection Mike, can't wait to crack these open! Love the glass as well!

So..... Who wants it??
:whistling:

Alright, here is the bounty I collected in this BIF thanks to Mike.

2411096879_191f7545c5_b.jpg

From L to R: Alesmith Horny Devil, Old Numbskull, Port Moonlit Sessions Lager, Port Hop-15, Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock, De Dolle Extra Export Stout, John Barleycorn Barley Wine Style Ale.

Awesome selection Mike, can't wait to crack these open! Love the glass as well!

So..... Who wants it??
:whistling:

Enjoy brother!
The glass has a little meaning for me...this is the first out of the norm beer (Maudite) I tried since joining CP.

PBR me ASAP!

All you mang! She hits the road tomorrow - 760841410000519. FedEx. :thumbs:

Well here's an interesting story and a warning for fellow beer traffickers...

I pack Satch's box up last night and use FedEx online to "click and ship". Today over lunch I take it to a FedEx Kinkos near my office and drop it off. 30 minutes later I get a call from a guy at the FedEx location and he says "Hello Mr. Thomas, we cannot ship your package because after an inspection we have found that it contains alcohol." Interesting I think to myself, so I say "was it leaking, did you open it, how can you tell?" He tells me that they "just know". So I go pick it up and he tells me that they can tell it is a styro shipper inside and they shook it and heard liquid and 99% of the time that mean it contains alcohol. He is of course right so I didn't belabor the point and argue but what the hell. Anyway, just beware and make sue to leave no room for bottle movement even when you use the styrofoam shippers.

PBR me ASAP!

All you mang! She hits the road tomorrow - 760841410000519. FedEx. :thumbs:

Well here's an interesting story and a warning for fellow beer traffickers...

I pack Satch's box up last night and use FedEx online to "click and ship". Today over lunch I take it to a FedEx Kinkos near my office and drop it off. 30 minutes later I get a call from a guy at the FedEx location and he says "Hello Mr. Thomas, we cannot ship your package because after an inspection we have found that it contains alcohol." Interesting I think to myself, so I say "was it leaking, did you open it, how can you tell?" He tells me that they "just know". So I go pick it up and he tells me that they can tell it is a styro shipper inside and they shook it and heard liquid and 99% of the time that mean it contains alcohol. He is of course right so I didn't belabor the point and argue but what the hell. Anyway, just beware and make sue to leave no room for bottle movement even when you use the styrofoam shippers.
I wonder if they would stil ship if you say its Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider :blush: :whistling:

I don't understand why they care. It's a package. Here is my money. Take it where I wish please. It should be that simple. Do any carriers allow shipping of alcohol or do some just check better than others?

I don't understand why they care. It's a package. Here is my money. Take it where I wish please. It should be that simple. Do any carriers allow shipping of alcohol or do some just check better than others?

None allow it unless you are an approved shipper such as a distributor or a liquor store.

Homebrewers ship beer by saying it's yeast samples stored in media, at least when they ask! I ship through a local Health Food Store and they don't even blink at my shipments.

FedEx warmed me that it was a $50,000 fine for shipping alcohol if you are not a licensed distributor. They were like how do we know you are not shipping to a minor, I said well ask for ID then...they said they couldn't cause I wasn't a licensed distributor.

Its not like I am making money off of it for crying out loud.

This all speaks to my concern when UPS got involved with Mike's Nectar package when I had a leaker. I used my family corporate UPS account to ship it and I was worried they'd flag the account. They ended up delivering the 11 bottles that survived, so no harm was done, but seriously...what the f do they care? In this economy you'd think they'd be happy to get the business.

I decided to try this with FedEx on more time but at a different location to see if it was a onetime thing or if they are really cracking down. Instead of click and ship from home, I went in to the FedEx Kinkos and had them actually weigh and price it. The lady who helped me didn't act the least bit interested in the package contents, even though it is the exact same box the other place rejected. Hopefully I won't hear from them and the package will go on its way.

FedEx - 790178910005401

I think every place has its do crusaders that will follow every rule without question... I think the new DEA show after Ultimate Fighter may be getting people worked up to make some big "busts" also :D

Edited to add I can't wait to try a can of Fat Tire ;)

They said the 23rd but it looks like its coming in a day early, heads up Satch!

gallery_3705_39_8577.jpg

Broham!! Did it ever arrive!! What a selection of beer. I am going to email this to my sister and tell that this is what I mean when I ask her to bring some beer back to Wisconsin!!! I still have goofy ass smile on my face looking at this picture again.

1001090nq9.jpg

Jonas asked me what I wanted before he shipped... I said earlier I wanted to be STONEed and maybe an Alaskan Porter would nice... He chuckled and said he already had a fistfull of Stone and a 06 ASP pulled :D Your read my wish list to the T, even the Ten FIDY. Never had it but been itchin' to try it. He caped it off with a nice glass and a Power Ranger with a smiley on it. I guess it's public knowledge those put me in a walking coma for a few hours. Like give a few rocks to a crackhead...

My wife asks me, "Why do you smoke those if they make you feel like that?" All I can answer is, "Because I need them." :D

Thanks a million, Jonas. You put the hurt down on this package.

Now, state your name and what do you like to drink :cool:

My name is Jonesy and I like Porter's and Stout's (granted not RIS's). I guess this counts as "Gimme a box of beer" but you asked it kind of differently. I'm a huge fan of Oatmeal and Chocolate stout's and quite a few Porter's. The only one I haven't totally enjoyed is the Alaskan Smoked Porter (I know,throw me to the wolves) because of the overwhelming smoky taste in the beer. Thanks Jason if I'm the one who gets it!

Broham!! Did it ever arrive!! What a selection of beer. I am going to email this to my sister and tell that this is what I mean when I ask her to bring some beer back to Wisconsin!!! I still have goofy ass smile on my face looking at this picture again.

Jonas asked me what I wanted before he shipped... I said earlier I wanted to be STONEed and maybe an Alaskan Porter would nice... He chuckled and said he already had a fistfull of Stone and a 06 ASP pulled :D Your read my wish list to the T, even the Ten FIDY. Never had it but been itchin' to try it. He caped it off with a nice glass and a Power Ranger with a smiley on it. I guess it's public knowledge those put me in a walking coma for a few hours. Like give a few rocks to a crackhead...

My wife asks me, "Why do you smoke those if they make you feel like that?" All I can answer is, "Because I need them." :D

Thanks a million, Jonas. You put the hurt down on this package.

Now, state your name and what do you like to drink :cool:

Very nice Jonas! Those 5/5/05 are soooooo good. The Sam Adams glasses are really sweet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.