• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best rum?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Whats the top 3 rums? I seem to like Rum and diet coke lately. :)
I'm a fan of

Pyrat
Ron Zacapa
(and shrug, Myers)

What about you guys?

I'd have to go with :

1. Ron Zacapa
2. Appleton Estate 21
3. Everything else

Ron Z and Pyrat are more of a straight sipping rum. The Appleton I can go either neat or with coke. JMHO

Prefer premium rum neat...Ron Z, Pyrat, HC7, Zaya, Barbencourt in that order. As a mix, HC reserva or a spiced rum like Captain Morgan is more to my taste.

My favorite if mixing is Captain Morgan's....goes great with Coke or Dr. Pepper :D

Does anyone like Parrot Bay? I am normally a Jack Daniels man.

I remember drinking a lot of Parrot Bay and Pineapple juice quite a while ago.

Sailor Jerry's!

tastes beter than the Captain, more alc. %, and about $1 more.
def. worth the try

oh yeah, and it can be found in local US stores.
:thumbs:

also a fan of Bacardi.
flavors

Private Stock

Pyrat Cask 23 (neat)
HC Anejo Reserve (neat or as a mixer)
HC 7 Year (neat or as a mixer)
Pyrat Pistol (neat)
Ron Zacapa Centenario (neat)
Montecristo (mixer)

I live by Jim Beam, But my mother-in-law went to St.Kitts and brought back pint sized bottles of rum with no labels on them. It just had a date on the cap. Was actually good but very strong.

So my choice is "no-name-bottle".

I seldom drink rum straight.

My all-time favorite rum to mix with coke is:

Myers

Nice Jamacian DARK rum :thumbs:

hc = havana club? right?

Isnt that the one that is NOT available here in the US?
If it is, someone needs to PM me where I can order some!!! :D

oh yeah... with pineapple juice, Malibu (coconut) rum is very nice... that was before the atkins though... :(

Good thread on Ron Z here if you haven't seen it.

Picked up a bottle of Appleton's Friday. This may become my regular rum. Very tasty. :p

I'm a bit of a fan of Dominican rums: Barcello and/or Brugal...either of them straight or with a mix. Mmmmm ;)

Plus I can but them at a store around the corner...oh ya!

I'm a big fan of the hard to find British Navy, Pusser's Rum. Been made for 200 years, it's very good, especially with smokes, it's not spiced and it's very clean.

Y'all are on the wrong side of the world. Tanduay EQ Special Dark (Phillipine Rum about 50 cents a liter 'cause it is the PI) and Mekong (Thai rum they call a whiskey because it's brown rather than clear - about 3 bucks a liter) are defintiely the tops of the heap. I also like mixing rums - 1 shot Parrot Bay and 2 shots Tanduay in a Dr Pepper is wonderful. Add in a Cuaba or CAO Brazilia and I'm all set.

However, in the end, I am still partial to Soju as my number 1 liquor!

-K-

Man, you must have consumed too much of that Tandy (as we used to call it), it isn't even close to Ron Zacapa or Appleton Estate 21. Hard to beat for the money for sure but not world class by any stretch.