• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars for a rainy day

SmokeHustler

So I spent a week on the Gulf Coast getting rained on when I got to thinking about what cigars would brighten these gloomy, overcast days. So I smoked my Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill Sunday evening, and my Partagas Aristocrats Monday afternoon. Now, both helped me weather the storm (pun somewhat intended), but what I really want to know is what everyone else smokes for a rainy day, for future experimentations.

A cigar from my humidor. :p

The last time I smoked a cigar in the rain (which I assume you did) I had an umbrella with me. I think it was a Padilla Obsidian. The bad thing about rain is the humidity went right into the hot cigar while smoking and about half way through I couldn't even light it anymore. Pitched that one in the rubbish can.

If you're referring to just watching the rain fall while being inside, anything is a good choice.

Depends on how long it rains for. I usually match up my smokes by the timing of the stick

If it is a quick shot of rain with some good lighting, I may hit up a A.F. SS (preferably Maduro, lol)
If it's going to be a while, I might pull out a OpusX DC.

For me, any cigar I pull out for any occasion always seems to do the trick. . .

When it's raining and humidity is high, it's never a cigar that is bigger than a petit corona. Anything larger just gets too wet, the burn goes off and it tastes bitter.