• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Costa Rica cigars

Apologies, it's been a very busy week.  I'd planned on at least a couple days between reviews, this went longer than I wanted.  You can count on seeing them up this afternoon, without fail.

cristiCR said:

Gentlemen and ladies, the second of the three member submitted reviews has been posted:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/75556-tobacos-de-la-cordillera-purisco-azul/?p=1164612

Note that there are a couple reviews missing, I'll add those to the thread later this afternoon.

Thanks - B.B.S.

Hi... What's going on with the Cuban Zirconia reviews?

please-stand-by_zps14dd3778.jpg

A buddy of mine just stopped by my house to drop off a couple of cigars he bought me while on vacation....guess where he went? :)

You just can get away from them can ya? Enjoy them brother.  :whistling:

It's a shame the rep never returned, I was curious as to their soil composition. She mentioned cross pollination by hand, but nothing about their planting location.

XxMerlinxX said:
It's a shame the rep never returned, I was curious as to their soil composition. She mentioned cross pollination by hand, but nothing about their planting location.

I really appreciate every comment... it means to me that we have to work harder blending the cigars... And yes we made cross pollination by hand... Our farm is located in Santa Marta de Puriscal, San José everybody is invited to visit us!!!

[SIZE=11pt]Somewhere I read that, Costa rica's aging procedure is completely natural and, as with outstanding wine, it takes tobacco a minimum of 3 years to come to its full maturity.[/SIZE]

And ,like a bad wine,after three years it is still bad.
I reviewed ten or twelve CR.cigars a few years back from a company that wanted to enter the US market.

Of all of them,there were two that would have had any chance of making any progress here,and that would have been with some serious re-blending.
I think that Costa Rica is too close to the Equator, and too volcanic, to grow the kind of tobacco we are used  to.
Their tobacco has a bitter note that I cannot take,and will stand out in nearly any blend. 
Fortunately there is not much CR. tobacco used in the cigars sold here,Alec Bradley has used some,and a few other makers have tried using it for binder stock,or wrappers.