• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

Couple more recipes for the NBA playoffs

Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix

9 C Corn, Rice, Wheat Chex Cereal (Combo to your preference)
2 C Pretzel Twist
2 C Cheese Crackers
3 T Butter, melted
1 package Ranch Dressing (Powder Mix)
1/2 C Grated Parmesan Cheese

Mix in cereals, pretzels and crackers in a large bowl (or work in small batches). Melt butter and pour over mix. Stir in ranch and Cheese. Microwave uncovered for 3 mins stirring every min. Spread on foil to cool. Place in large zip-lock bags.

Carmel Coated Spiced Nuts

2 egg whites
1 t water
1/2 C Roasted Salted Almonds
1/2 C Pecan Halves
1 C Salted Cashews
1 C Brown Sugar
3 t pumpkin pie spice
1 t white pepper

In large bowl beat egg whites and water till foamy. Add nuts and stir. Gradually add spices while stirring. Spread on a greased 15x10 pan and bake at 325 for 35 mins, stirring ever 10mins. Cool.

Will have my P/T up soon as Spivy gets the go-ahead.

Brandon

The only way to get my wife to eat tomatoes, one of my favorite foods, is my simple bread salad. (On the other hand, if she didn't eat it, I'd still make it, because it is better than sex. Really. And no, I do not need to get out more.)

Rustic Tomato Bread Salad

Tomato (2-3 plum, 1-2 on vine, 1 beefsteak..) Local if possible.
Stale bread. Italian or baguette is best.
1/2 bunch fresh basil (not dried)
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Buffalo mozzarella (optional)

1 large bowl

Chop tomato into pieces about the size of your fingertip (don't ask), place in bowl.
Tear bread into large pieces. If too stale to tear, cut with knife. Place in bowl.
Wash and finely chop basil. Place in bowl
Pour in a 1:1 ratio of balsamic to olive oil, about 1/4 cup total - not enough to soak , but enough to create a little pool at the bottom of the bowl.
Toss contents of bowl, making sure the bread is at least wetted by the vinegar and oil.
Salt and pepper to taste, then let sit 20-30 mins before serving. Toss again immediately before serving.

Option: add slices/cubes of buffalo mozzarella 5 minutes before serving.

FYI...

With all the Johnny-O! sticks in current passes, I contacted John for complete pricing. I searched around and didn't find all the prices in one spot.

Pricing is for bundles of 25, 24 for the (8) culebras.

Corona Extra pigtails-$165
CG-$165
Lonsdale-$175, $185 shaggies
baby Salomones-$225
Sublime-$225
DC-$225
P-109-$225
Mag50-$205
Culebra Lonnie-$205
Culebra Churchill-$225
Culebra A-$275
Cazador shaggie-$205
Lancero-$205
Mareva-$125
Corona-$140

Nice work. FYI - the Figurado I put (maybe he doesn't make them anymore, so they weren't on the list?) was $205 for the bundle.

FYI...

With all the Johnny-O! sticks in current passes, I contacted John for complete pricing. I searched around and didn't find all the prices in one spot.

Pricing is for bundles of 25, 24 for the (8) culebras.

Corona Extra pigtails-$165
CG-$165
Lonsdale-$175, $185 shaggies
baby Salomones-$225
Sublime-$225
DC-$225
P-109-$225
Mag50-$205
Culebra Lonnie-$205
Culebra Churchill-$225
Culebra A-$275
Cazador shaggie-$205
Lancero-$205
Mareva-$125
Corona-$140

Nice work. FYI - the Figurado I put (maybe he doesn't make them anymore, so they weren't on the list?) was $205 for the bundle.

It would not be a bad idea to have a sticky in the cuban section.

I just added the beli...that I bought a bunch of in 2 different wrappers in November :whistling: .....you'd think I would have added that one!

By the way, I'm good with Spivy's p/t's, so we're rolling right along! :thumbs:

The only thing I was double checking was the Mag50 EL for a RA Belicosos which was one of the first regional release cigars (for the UK) that was produced. They're both very close in original value, and rarity seems about the same for both as well. A vendor I know used to have the RAB's, but I checked this morning and they're not listed anymore :(

Looks like I am up

T 36) Opus xXx P 93) Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro
T 58) VSG Enchantment P 94) Tat SW Reserva
T 66) Anejo 50 P 95) Padron 1926 #35 Natural
T 89) Tat Reserva SW Maduro P 96) Opus DC
T 90) Johnny-O Sublime P 97) Johnny-O P-109

I made this this afternoon:

Garlic Prime Rib

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
  • 1 (10 pound) prime rib roast
  • 10 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
DIRECTIONS
  1. Place the roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Spread the mixture over the fatty layer of the roast, and let the roast sit out until it is at room temperature, no longer than 1 hour.
  2. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
  3. Bake the roast for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes. The internal temperature of the roast should be at 145 degrees F (53 degrees C) for medium rare.
  4. Allow the roast to rest for 10 or 15 minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
I followed this basic outline except:
1) 5 1/4lb roast
2) mixed all the ingredients but only used 1/2
3) Seared for 20 minutes but cooked on 340 for about 75 - let sit for 15.

Meal was most excellent. Definate 4+stars for an easy home cooked meal.
(5 if I scored the fat and let some more flavor into the meat.)

Powdered mashed(with chicken broth instead of water)
Frozen corn
Bag-O-Salad
Horserdish/sour cream mix.

Photo's http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/grateful1_2006

DSCN1704.jpg

DSCN1711.jpg

DSCN1714.jpg

Damn! That puts tonight's NY Strip and Ribeye on the grill to shame...

Pass has landed. I am going through it right now to check everything.

Edit: Pass looks good. Is already packed up, and I am sending a PM to Breedy to make sure everything is in order.

Edit 2: Same day turnaround as promised. 9101148008600017185831

Looks like I am up

T 36) Opus xXx P 93) Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro
T 58) VSG Enchantment P 94) Tat SW Reserva
T 66) Anejo 50 P 95) Padron 1926 #35 Natural
T 89) Tat Reserva SW Maduro P 96) Opus DC
T 90) Johnny-O Sublime P 97) Johnny-O P-109

These look like they'll work for me!

Hopefully this thing will land in the next day or so and you'll have it out just before you're gone!

Processed, May 04, 2009, 9:40 pm, NASHUA, NH 03062

Thanks Spivy for getting this turned around so fast. I will do the same. So Jlada are you ready?