• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

Really fricken good French Toast

I think this would be enough to feed 4 people, depending on how hungry they are. I just made it today and between my wife and I and the two kids we didn't use up all the batter. I would say, depending on how much you soak each piece of bread this should make at least a dozen slices. Also, I would like to try this same batter recipe and use thinly sliced cinnamon rolls instead of regular bread.

4 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons brown sugar
a little bit of cinnamon and a little bit of nutmeg, maybe a tsp worth of each.

Alrighty. Box has arrived and inventory has been done.

4. Boris 11 is not market off pass list, but is marked off in the first post. Just an FYI.

Other than that things look good, box is holding up well. Pillows are good and there are plenty of bags.

Waiting on a call to pick my car up from the shop, so this will go out tomorrow morning. Will post DC # then.

If it's not already packed up you can mark off the Boris 11 from the list. The first post is accurate in that it's not there. Thanks for the good inventory!

No problem. I thought that was the case so I didn't tape it up. Just wanted to confirm with you first.

Brandon

:thumbs:

That's great, I'm glad this worked out for you! Now get packing...

OK Jlada, first post is updated, the pass is on it's way, you can go ahead and get some p/t's up!

Hey, just as a heads up before I figure out some puts - these, or a portion thereof, will probably be on the chopping block:

29 RyJ Escudos EL '07
33 Opus X BBMF
49 Cabaiguan WCD 120 Put: bfisher88
73 Winston Churchill (Davidoff) Blenheim Put: Ironpeddler
76 Opus X "Power Ranger" Put: MichaelPCo
82 Tatuaje Cojono 2003 Put: thinde
84 Hoyo de Monterry Churchill 01 Put: thinde
91 Cohiba Siglo VI Put: SPIVY
92 Tatuaje Regios Reserva Put: SPIVY

Pass arrived - I just woke up. I'll get to inspecting and I'll get some Puts/Takes up. Sorry, I completely forgot I had 2 passes coming on the same day. I'll get my swaps up and then hopefully get everything ironed out Sunday and then mail it Monday.

I'll be in the Andrews/Lagro area Sunday afternoon but too busy with mothers day for a pass off.

Puts/Takes for approval:

33 Opus X BBMF ------------------------------> Don Arturo Gran Anni SG
39 GoF Carlito Pyramid (humi) --------> Opus X Scorpio 2005

I don't know if the humidor distinction adds significant value, but I the price I found was $26. I fully understand if it is does and I'm mistaken on the value.

53 Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 -----------> Opus A
55 Padron 1926 #1 Maddy ----------------> Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Grovy
63 Hemingway Signature Maduro -----> Tatuaje Cabaiguan Guapo Maduro
73 Winston Churchill Blenheim --------> Ashton ESG 22 Pyramid
76 Opus X "Power Ranger------------------> Anejo 49
82 Tatuaje Cojono 2003 -------------------> Jose Seijas Belicoso
93 PAM Exclusivo Maduro ---------------> AVO Signature Belicoso
N/A -----------------------------------------------> Ashton VSG Enchantment

Let me know your thoughts on the swaps.

Couple concerns:

Your master list has a few discrepancies versus paper/actual contents. There is no Siglo VI in the pass per your master list. Also, the CAO Vision is gone. Other than that, most everything appears to be in fine order. I'll further inspect when I get off of work tomorrow.

Edit: Recipe tomorrow.
Edit again: Typo.

The Siglo VI and the CAO vision have been corrected on the first post. It was my mistake.

Puts/Takes for approval:

33 Opus X BBMF ------------------------------> Don Arturo Gran Anni SG
39 GoF Carlito Pyramid (humi) --------> Opus X Scorpio 2005

I don't know if the humidor distinction adds significant value, but I the price I found was $26. I fully understand if it is does and I'm mistaken on the value.

53 Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 -----------> Opus A
55 Padron 1926 #1 Maddy ----------------> Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Grovy
63 Hemingway Signature Maduro -----> Tatuaje Cabaiguan Guapo Maduro
73 Winston Churchill Blenheim --------> Ashton ESG 22 Pyramid
76 Opus X "Power Ranger------------------> Anejo 49
82 Tatuaje Cojono 2003 -------------------> Jose Seijas Belicoso
93 PAM Exclusivo Maduro ---------------> AVO Signature Belicoso
N/A -----------------------------------------------> Ashton VSG Enchantment

I'm good with all of these except the GOF from the Humi, which I want to see what everyone else thinks. Being from the special humidor release, it's cost for those who recently acquired them was $40. However something I'm not sure about is if that Carlito Pyramid is different from a regular one that did not come in fancy packaging. But, I'm leaning towards it being OK, and here's my train(wreck) of thought: The GOF went into the pass to take out a chili pepper. The chili pepper value was around $37.50, which is derived from it's offering in the Opus 22 set. The Scorpio was available as seen here, $150 for 4 cigars msrp, works out to $37.50 as well. Yes, I'm aware some people were able to get those 4 cigar sets for less than the msrp, but I was able to get an 05 Opus 22 set for below msrp as well. But the value on any of the special release Fuente sticks is hard to pin down because it fluctuates depending on how the cigar is acquired, such as from the Opus 22 or from a DVD set, or from a CFCF donation. Heck, I know every now and then you can even get some of those from Darlene at a great price as long as you buy something else first. Or, as was brought up in the ESB pass, the perceived value of a Scorpio was something crazy like $69, and often the value on chili peppers is seen as more than the Scorpio, but I think that's just because it looks cooler. :laugh:

So to sum it up, the value on the GOF is only because it came in fancy packaging. If it was a regular GOF then the Scorpio would blow it away in value, but that's not really the case.

And finally, not that I'm trying to dodge responsibility for making the call on this one, I feel very strongly that all pass participants, and even others from CP should have a say sometimes in p/t's, because precedents are set going forward.

Mushy Peas

2 cups frozen peas
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sour cream
lots of salt and pepper to taste

Boil frozen peas for 3-5 minutes.
Add peas, butter, sour cream to food processor, do 1 quick buzz to mix them (< 10 seconds)
Add salt and pepper, food-process to desired consistency.

You end up with some great, bright green mushy peas. The salt and pepper really makes them.

Honestly I have no idea what the GOF blend is on the pyramid, I just know what they are 'worth'. Hopefully the blend is different from the regular run or people are getting raped

Just so you guys know, I just got called into work early. The next hour I was going to spend getting the pass ready to be mailed out will now be spent working.

Pass will go out tomorrow.

Just to let everyone know, my internet was out from about 5 AM until I had to go to work at 3 PM. I got a PM off to Gunpowder about 10 mins before it went out. He still has not responded to confirm he's ready for the pass. I know he said he was busy, and I definitely want confirmation before I mail it because transit will only be one day.

Everything is packed up and ready to go:

33 Opus X BBMF ------------------------------> 98) Don Arturo Gran Anni SG
53 Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 -----------> 99) Opus A
55 Padron 1926 #1 Maddy ----------------> 100) Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Grovy
63 Hemingway Signature Maduro -----> 101) Tatuaje Cabaiguan Guapo Maduro
73 Winston Churchill Blenheim --------> 102) Ashton ESG 22 Pyramid
76 Opus X "Power Ranger" -----------------> 103) Anejo 49
82 Tatuaje Cojono 2003 -------------------> 104) Jose Seijas Belicoso
93 PAM Exclusivo Maduro ---------------> 105) AVO Signature Belicoso
N/A -----------------------------------------------> 106) Ashton VSG Enchantment

Box is fine, humidity is good, and packing materials are good. I'm just waiting for Gunpowder to PM me back.

Cheers, everyone!

My recipe will be up ASAP.... sorry for delay. But as a teaser, it's really friggin' good spaghetti.

My recipe.......it's really friggin' good spaghetti.
lidia.jpg