• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chefs Pass

OK, the first post is updated again.

It's time for Dessert! Besides your regular recipes, let's get some dessert ideas up here since we're nearing the end of the pass!

My recipe.......it's really friggin' good spaghetti.
lidia.jpg

Gotta lov Lidia.

Pork Picnic w/ rub smoking in the smoker. The season of Man food has arrived.

I'm heading out early tomorrow morning for the Padron thing down in KC and won't really be checking in over the weekend. If you have any p/t's up by tonight I should be able to look at them, otherwise it will have to wait until Sunday or Monday morning.

I was notified it arrived at home but I have a board meeting tonight so not sure how long that will take so I may not be doing proposed til tomorrow. I have started looking up pricing on some but was having issues finding pricing for others. Also, I don't like shipping out on Friday's as I hate to think where it is sitting over the weekends.

The important thing is that it is safe here at home.

Mike

BTW, Inventory appears to be accurate.

Here's some potentials I am considering with my value calculations:

77 Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale $15.04 LaAurora Preferidos Deluxe Red Maduro (Ruby tube) $15.80
48 AVO 80th $13.50 Ashton VSG Spellbound $13.50
92 Tatuaje Regios Reserva $9.00 Diamond Crowm Maximus No 5 Robusto $9.00

Also, anyone have a value guess on the following? Couldn't find a price.

1 Avo 22
2 Avo LE 05

No one has chimed in so far on my questions. I have been discussing puts/takes etc w/ Gonz. Any comments are welcomed so we can get this back home.

Proposed:
1 Avo 22 ....> Ashton VSG Spellbound
77 Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale ----->LaAurora Preferidos Deluxe Red Maduro
48 AVO 80th ----> LaAurora Preferidos Gold Corojo
92 Tatuaje Regios Reserva ----> Diamond Crowm Maximus No 5 Robusto

Mike

It's seems the $$ may be close(if not spot on) however rarity comes into play.

The AVO 22 for a Spellbound....unless it is truly an OR Spellbound(and even then may not be close)...it's not such a good trade.

Same with the Avo 80th...but alas, those can still be found here and there...just not like the Gold.

Pretty sure the Tat Reserva may be limited...but a Tat guy should chime in.

Again, $$ for $$ may be near or on....rarity, not so much.

I would say a round spellbound would be reasonable for the Avo 22 euro but nothing younger, but I don't know if he said the spellbound is a round....

I really don't know the market value on the preferidos but I do know they are more available than the 80th. Someone else can weigh in.

I haven't purchased any of the Tats either and afaik they aren't widely available yet (but I don't know if that is just a temporary thing or if they are a long run limited release).

The Regios Reserva has a MSRP of 10.50 a stick. It is out in a limited run. But I do not have a final number of sticks. I have been told 200 boxes (5000 Sticks). I think the DCM is a fine trade for it.

I am not so up on rarity and my discussion via PM discussed that. Like you said prices are right on but I am no familiar w/ rarity to make that decision. Therefore I bring it to the group. A good question would be how much more do you increase to compensate for rarity. I can't answer that. In the end that question is probably the host decision. In the AVO 80th situation the Gold Tubo is $2.XX more than the 80th.

I am flexible. Makes for a good discussion though. I can always make a trip to the local B&M or dig deeper in the Igloodor.

My pricing (CI, Cigars.com, JR Cigars, etc):

77 Davidoff Millenium Lonsdale $15.04 LaAurora Preferidos Deluxe Red Maduro (Ruby tube) $15.80
48 AVO 80th $13.50 LaAurora Preferidos Gold (Tubo) $15.80
1 Avo 22 $12.00 (Per Andy) Ashton VSG Spellbound $13.50

Others please chime in. This pass isn't over yet;)

Mike

I am not so up on rarity and my discussion via PM discussed that. Like you said prices are right on but I am no familiar w/ rarity to make that decision. Therefore I bring it to the group. A good question would be how much more do you increase to compensate for rarity. I can't answer that. In the end that question is probably the host decision. In the AVO 80th situation the Gold Tubo is $2.XX more than the 80th.

I am flexible. Makes for a good discussion though. I can always make a trip to the local B&M or dig deeper in the Igloodor.

My pricing (CI, Cigars.com, JR Cigars, etc):

48 AVO 80th $13.50 LaAurora Preferidos Gold (Tubo) $15.80
1 Avo 22 $12.00 (Per Andy) Ashton VSG Spellbound $13.50

Others please chime in. This pass isn't over yet;)

Mike

Is the DCM really only 9 a stick? I thought it was closer to 12. If it is about 9 a stick it may fall short. Also the VSG falls a bit short of an original AVO 22

BTW, La Aurora jacks up the Tubo price $3.00 or more than the same in box if I remember from pricing them.

Kind of a rip but that is what I have (Tubo). The kids kind of ooh! and ahhh! over the different colored tubos though. My daughter asked why I was trading them :)

The Regios Reserva has a MSRP of 10.50 a stick. It is out in a limited run. But I do not have a final number of sticks. I have been told 200 boxes (5000 Sticks). I think the DCM is a fine trade for it.

I will say this, the reserva SW is the only new tat I have been impressed with in years. I will probably have to hunt some down, especially if they are a limited run.

Also re the Avo 22 Euro: the thing is although they were 12 a stick or whatever originally, they fetch a much higher price these days. I saw canisters breaking down to around 20 a stick two years ago and I have heard they are even selling for 30-40 a stick now. The key issue is not just rarity in that instance, but a significant bump in the market value of the cigar over the years.

I was told via PM $12 for the 22 but I think he said it was an '02 price. Have no idea. Not an AVO person.... just pricking something different. I paid more for the DCM but I think CI came out to $9 and the tat $9.

Now for the big internet question. Do they really have inventory on hand for that price? Sometimes I have seen low prices on sticks they never have when you decide to order. Then you switch (since your already ordering) to a higher priced in stock item.

Spivy...I think you're missing the rarity point. 5000 limited sticks versus xxxx full production DCM 5's?

If this were a $ of $ deal...heck we can rob the pass.

Yes GP...some shops do have a reasonable price on cigars....still!

I will say this, the reserva SW is the only new tat I have been impressed with in years. I will probably have to hunt some down, especially if they are a limited run.

Also re the Avo 22 Euro: the thing is although they were 12 a stick or whatever originally, they fetch a much higher price these days. I saw canisters breaking down to around 20 a stick two years ago and I have heard they are even selling for 30-40 a stick now. The key issue is not just rarity in that instance, but a significant bump in the market value of the cigar over the years.

I have too many high dollar sticks already in inventory I won't smoke to pay for a $30-40 eyecandy. If that is the case I will be glad to put it back.
Actually, I was skipping the high dollar stuff and looking in the middle for something different this pass. Had no idea as I wasn't familiar with it and could not find a price for it.

I hope I have been around long enough for people to know I have absolutely no inclination of taking more than what is right out of this pass. Not worth it to my reputation and I have too many good stick in the igloodor now. BTW I still have the forbidden X tubo I won in a Pass in 2004. It was worth $150 back then :)

Spivy...I think you're missing the rarity point. 5000 limited sticks versus xxxx full production DCM 5's?

If this were a $ of $ deal...heck we can rob the pass.

Yes GP...some shops do have a reasonable price on cigars....still!

I found the Tat for $9 (maybe at CI????) can't remember. But again. I could probably call to order and they would say "ya know we just sold the last box an hour ago" LOL-Mike