• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 5

T El Rey del Mundo Flor de Llaneza - $5.38 P- AVO No. 3 Nat $5.63
T Tat El Triunfador - $9.00 P- Oliva Master Blend I Church $9.00
T- LFD Double Pres $7.19 P- La Aurora Perferidos Corojo #2 $7.56

Hmmm...I've seen the Triunfador's run anywhere from $170 to $200 a box, I figure probably around the same price as a box of Noella Reservas ($180 - $185). But, I could see them going for upwards $200 or so, if someone were willing to pay that much for 'em.
wink.gif
There's actually a box for sale right now for $170 but uh...I think it's already sold.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

If you did find it for $170 you got a good deal Greg, when I googled the cigar and checked vendors I know and trust, they were in the 200-225 price, however, still available. Does it now have a rarity factor like the MB1?

Although I think the MB1 would be an awesome smoke and thank you Matt for throwing one in there for us, even if we price the El Triunfador at current $9, I'm gonna say it's an overput that I can't match anything in rarity too. Sorry Matt, I'm still a newb with a newb collection.

Check this site out... I dunno about this...too good to be true? MadCigars

The WOAM for El Triunfador works in my book as I can't get them for less than $250 a box and no one has them available too so rarity can play a factor in this trade. I would take either cigar and be happy with the trade.

When I first saw your post Larry, I had assumed the box pricing you used was for the WOAM, my bad. After reading Charles' reply I realized you were using pricing for the El Triunfador.

Okay... Here are a couple of attempts. My guess is that they will both be denied but my eyes have crossed and I'm going to have to pick this up again tomorrow night.

#25 Take: Opus Petit Lancero $11.00
Put: Tatuaje T110 $ 10.00

#32 Take: Tatuaje El Triunfador $8.27
Comparison Shopper $194.95, Jack Schwartz $200, ShowMeYourAsh $225
Put: WOAM $7.67 From CS

I wasn't sure about the El Triunfador rarity.

Hmmm...interesting stuff! I know the Opus PL has MSRP of $11, however what is the actual average price for one of these now days? Maybe some folks could chime in on what they usually pay, if they can be found that is. I did a search and did find one fiver that was sold on CP that was $75 ($15 a stick). I'm thinking that T110 doesn't reach the Opus, even though I'd say the T110 has a higher rarity value. Thoughts?

Of course, one could say the same for the WOAM. MSRP is listed at $8.35, however what do these actually run for a box? I've seen quite a few boxes going right at MSRP as of late. Maybe Art (Mrrt) can advise as I know he's a WOAM whore. :D With it's somewhat rarity value as well, I'm thinking this is definitely a good trade for the El Triunfador.

Okay, I've done a little more work and here are what hopefully are my final P/T's. I've changed #1 and added 3 and 4 plus a pot sweetener.

Take - #57 Arturo Fuente Opus X No. 5 2007 $9.00
Put - Tatuaje T110 $ 10.00ish

Take - #32 Tatuaje El Triunfador - 7 1/2 x 38 8.24
Comparison Shopper 194.95, Jack Schwartz 200, ShowMeYourAsh 225
Put - WOAM 7.67

Take - #18 La Flor Dominicana Factory Press III - 6 1/2 x 60 $11.65 (average)
Rocky’s Cigars 129.50/12, Jack Schwartz/CheaperCigars $1500/120,
Put - Padron 1926 Maduro #6 $12.38
CS

Take - #71 Ashtorn VSG Beli ROUND $10.05
CS
Put - Davidoff Millenium Petit Corona $10.31
CS

Put - Padron 1926 Maduro #1

Okay... Here are a couple of attempts. My guess is that they will both be denied but my eyes have crossed and I'm going to have to pick this up again tomorrow night.

#25 Take: Opus Petit Lancero $11.00
Put: Tatuaje T110 $ 10.00

#32 Take: Tatuaje El Triunfador $8.27
Comparison Shopper $194.95, Jack Schwartz $200, ShowMeYourAsh $225
Put: WOAM $7.67 From CS

I wasn't sure about the El Triunfador rarity.

Hmmm...interesting stuff! I know the Opus PL has MSRP of $11, however what is the actual average price for one of these now days? Maybe some folks could chime in on what they usually pay, if they can be found that is. I did a search and did find one fiver that was sold on CP that was $75 ($15 a stick). I'm thinking that T110 doesn't reach the Opus, even though I'd say the T110 has a higher rarity value. Thoughts?

Of course, one could say the same for the WOAM. MSRP is listed at $8.35, however what do these actually run for a box? I've seen quite a few boxes going right at MSRP as of late. Maybe Art (Mrrt) can advise as I know he's a WOAM whore. :D With it's somewhat rarity value as well, I'm thinking this is definitely a good trade for the El Triunfador.

Hey Greg,

I would say that $8.35 is damn close, with possibly a slight up for rarity, but I have seen them recently for $250.
I currently pay about $13/stick for the PL's, which I think is a great price for that stick as I believe they are much higher in most locations. So $15 is not an unheard of number for them.

Those PL's & WOAM are such a great stick with a morning coffee. I've been enjoying them this week. :whistling:

Keep up the good work guys. Your pass is moving right along.

Art

Okay, I've done a little more work and here are what hopefully are my final P/T's. I've changed #1 and added 3 and 4 plus a pot sweetener.

Take - #57 Arturo Fuente Opus X No. 5 2007 $9.00
Put - Tatuaje T110 $ 10.00ish

Take - #32 Tatuaje El Triunfador - 7 1/2 x 38 8.24
Comparison Shopper 194.95, Jack Schwartz 200, ShowMeYourAsh 225
Put - WOAM 7.67

Take - #18 La Flor Dominicana Factory Press III - 6 1/2 x 60 $11.65 (average)
Rocky’s Cigars 129.50/12, Jack Schwartz/CheaperCigars $1500/120,
Put - Padron 1926 Maduro #6 $12.38
CS

Take - #71 Ashtorn VSG Beli ROUND $10.05
CS
CS

Put - Padron 1926 Maduro #1

The Pass just landed and upon quick inspection everything looks good. If we can get these P/T's finalized today I'll get it shipped out tomorrow.

Everything looks good, however I need Matthew to chime in on that VSG Round trade as I don't know a lot about Rounds. I know he mentioned it was old. Matthew, what's your thoughts?

Just in case I'll see if I can find something else to match the Davidoff.

Just in case I'll see if I can find something else to match the Davidoff.

If the Ashton doesn't work how about this substitution?

Take - #85 Cohiba Extra Vigoroso Toro $10.49
price from the pass
CS

ROUND:

MY BIG MISTAKE....

Referenced from Vitaolas.net

VSG "Rounds" are the oldest VSGs in existence. They were created in 1997, but were not released until 1999, when they were sold (and continue to be, on occasion) in limited quantities in cabinets of 50.

"Regular release" VSGs are box-pressed, and the VSG "Rounds" have more tobacco in them than regular VSGs, because of the lack of the box press, which results in a unique taste from regular production VSG cigars.

What I thought this was.....

If you look carefully, you will notice that the bands on the above pictured cigars are not identical. Ashton began switching over to a modified VSG band in 2006 that eliminates the word Cabinet from the band, and makes the VSG moniker more prominent. The cigars are identical, this is just a branding change. [these cigars have a rounded band]

Chit, sorry for the hype, this is an VSG from 05. I am really sorry to the whole crew for not having my head on a little better :blush:

ROUND:

MY BIG MISTAKE....

VSG "Rounds" are the oldest VSGs in existence. They were created in 1997, but were not released until 1999, when they were sold (and continue to be, on occasion) in limited quantities in cabinets of 50.

"Regular release" VSGs are box-pressed, and the VSG "Rounds" have more tobacco in them than regular VSGs, because of the lack of the box press, which results in a unique taste from regular production VSG cigars.

If you look carefully, you will notice that the bands on the above pictured cigars are not identical. Ashton began switching over to a modified VSG band in 2006 that eliminates the word Cabinet from the band, and makes the VSG moniker more prominent. The cigars are identical, this is just a branding change. [these cigars have a rounded band]

Chit, sorry for the hype, this is an VSG from 05. I am really sorry to the whole crew for not having my head on a little better :blush:

Ah now you gotta sit in the corner for the rest of the class. :laugh:

So, does the Davi Milli reach the VSG...with close to five years on it?

ROUND:

MY BIG MISTAKE....

C'mon...where is everybody??

I heard from Roger (Qball) and since he missed actually receiving the pass, I'm going to put him in as a virtual player behind Jamie. He'll post his Take/Puts and once approved, he'll send the puts to me and I'll send him his takes.

ROUND:

MY BIG MISTAKE....

I was wondering about that myself. So what about the Cohiba Extra Vigoroso Toro it's 18 cents more but doesn't have the age or HTF issues?

I'd say the Cohiba works just fine. If you go with that, we'll say all approved and ready to ship on to Jamie.

Jamie - You ready for it?

Im ready as i'll ever be. I'll start looking things over and post my P/T's in a bit.

So do I start writing the numbers on the baggies for my puts in order starting at 101?

sorry guys, I just got home and saw that Matt's VSG is from '05. Not sure what to think as I've only got 2 years of experience under my belt. I have 2 year old VSG's and they smoke nicely, but 5 years of age.........ooooooh, <smacks lips>

I think the Cohiba may be a better Put unless the Davi has the same age on it.

And here I thought rarity (low production/seasonal release) was hard to determine, but "aged" cigars (regular production/ multiple year storage) are even harder to nail.

Larry I believe you when you said you had 2 monitors, spreadsheets, and multiple web pages all going at once.

The hardest thing was knowing "I bought it at this price so I'll trade it with this cigar..............then once you average 5 vendors you find out..........AAAAHHH, dammit, I'm $.50 cents below. Now I gotta start all over with another cigar.
laugh.gif

Your P/T's look good now.
thumbs-up.gif

Hey, Jay you gonna grab the green La Aurora tubo?
sign.gif

I meant to say, or maybe I did at the beginning, to take the sticks out the bag it's in, mark out the number, and just reuse the bag. Thought I'd try and save some bags that way. Just do however you want with it since we're close to finishing up now. First post has been updated.

Oh, you went and updated the first post... That's too easy. :laugh:

Due to the unexpected appearance of a truely unwelcome guest in my humidor, I thought I'd do a quick PSA in the pass here. Neither of the cigars I put were stored it the humidor that had the beetle, but given the nature of the beast I wanted to give a little heads up. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming... :rolleyes: :D