• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Do I have a lemon, or just bad service?

Charger would be a better option with car seats. AWD is only in the V-6, though, unfortunately.

Charger would be a better option with car seats. AWD is only in the V-6, though, unfortunately.
I watched videos, it seems both are viable options. I'm not necessarily looking for 4wheel or AWD as I've driven fine with rear wheel the past 5 years.

So guy calls me from dealer service. States brakes and rotors are bad. Trying to get $500 out of me. I declined and told him I'd be putting that off until I budget for that. I'm going to have the service dealer by my house look and give me their opinion. I call BS! As my breaks were not even in yellow, ford uses green, yellow and red to indicate wear on items during service inspections. The vehicle has been in 4 times and all of a sudden your telling me I need brakes and rotors? BULL!!!

So guy calls me from dealer service. States brakes and rotors are bad. Trying to get $500 out of me. I declined and told him I'd be putting that off until I budget for that. I'm going to have the service dealer by my house look and give me their opinion. I call BS! As my breaks were not even in yellow, ford uses green, yellow and red to indicate wear on items during service inspections. The vehicle has been in 4 times and all of a sudden your telling me I need brakes and rotors? BULL!!!

Warped rotors are a very real issue with Ford.

But.....that causes vibration and/or a pulsating brake pedal.

Picked up my mustang today. It seems like they finally fixed it. Of interest in the print out of the itemized work, it noted, missing seal, and gears damaged by over tightening. I got it up to 55 on a side street and didn't notice any noise. I will be going up to 65-75 on the way home this afternoon to check at higher velocity. No shaking or noise from my brakes/rotors.

The guy had to go back and copy a page that was hand written with the figures for the brakes/rotors work.

Brakes were noted at 3/32. Is that accurate?

Maybe.

I'd believe my brakes may need machining and pads replaced. I highly doubt my rotors are bad.

I usually get a typed/printed report or print out that details what was suggested/declined.

That wasn't the case here.

That's highly suspect.

Thanks to all for your comments and insight.

C

I can't tell you the last time I turned a set of rotors.

It's just not worth the hassle with how thin they are made versus years past. Most places will tell you they can't anyway, because no one know how to read a micrometer and/or properly operate the brake lathe.