• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drew Estate Undercrown CP Sendout Review Thread

Received mine today. What a beautiful looking cigar! I posted in the thread about the giveaway but I'll say it here too: The wrapper is simply stunning to me! Im going to let them rest a few weeks before I put fire to them, but man I can't wait!

Thanks again, gentlemen! A truly generous gesture and offer.

Got mine off the brown truck today. Going to put them to bed for two weeks, wake them up and light there feet.

Got mine yesterday, look terrific. The double corona looks like a LP 9. The visor is really cool too!

Thanks Drew Estates, greatly appreciated.

Ken

Decide to go ahead and put fire to my first Drew Estate Undercrown.

Prelight aroma reminds me of early morning dew. I inhale deeply numerous time to truly capture the flavors on my palate.

I clip the cap and toast the foot. Time for the first draw. What a treat! If you love the taste of Subways new Meatball pepperoni sub than the first third of this gem will be pure heaven to you!
After the first half I put the cigar down and chugged half a bottle of Grey Goose. After that I picked it back up and accidentally put the wrong end to my mouth...to my amazement it tasted like boneless spare ribs(my favorite)!

All kidding aside this cigar was truly enjoyable! From beginning to end I found it to be just the right amout of strenght to keep me coming back for more!
Thanks again to JD for the amazing generosity!

Nashkicker ... subway , grey goose ,, ribs .... sign me the hell up.

All kidding aside, good reviews looking good folks.
This is one of my fav sticks at the moment.

I smoked the robusto yesterday and gave my neighbor the corona double.

I thought the robusto was the perfect size for this blend. We both commented on how sharp the burn line was and about how white the ash was that formed on the end. The cigar put out a ton of smoke (like the LP's) and the flavor was constant from beginning to end. I likened it to a Liga Privada, except it was more of a medium body smoke and had a sort of coco taste to it on the retrohale.

It was an enjoyable cigar and I'm grateful for the opportunity to give it a try. My neighbor kept commenting on what a great cigar it was, so I think DE has a real winner here. I'm still not fully over my sinus infection, and I'm sure it affected the taste, but I'll pick up a few more vitolas of the Undercrowns to try over the summer.

Thanks for the sample!

I recieved mine on Friday. Like others, I will let them rest for a week or so.

As others have stated, this is very generous of you. I have purchased three boxes of the Liga and they are all great.

Thanks again for this generous gift.

[sup]Great Cigar! I had a little spice up front and then it quickly settled to just mildly sweet Tobacco. Very Nub Worthy.[/sup]

[sup]
IMG_20120330_202723.jpg
[/sup]

Here you go boys and girls. Received my package today! Like a kid at Christmas, I wasted no time on enjoying my goodies.
Pre-light aroma smelled like generosity, brotherhood, and undertones of thanks. ;)
This cigar had no problem with holding its ash and was a delicious mild/medium smoke than what Im accustomed to. Very consistent, IMO, throughout the entire burn. Will deff. be smoking more of these. Thanks JD and Co. !

Enjoy the pics
http://imageshack.us...8/img4497j.jpg/

Nice shots, glad you enjoyed!

Ok folks. Got my 2 sticks and the visor in from the great folks at DE last week. I let them rest a few days and had planned on smoking one with a friend of mine on Saturday evening after cooking out. Unfortunately some unexpected thunderstorms ruined that idea!! So, Sunday evening rolled around and was a perfect calm cool evening to sit out back and light up. I decided a nice glass of cheap Cab would do the trick.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9561]
I've smoked a few Undercrown before and this one did not disappoint. I lovingly refer to them as the "Freight Trains" as they just pour out a thick white smoke from the lit foot and every draw is effortless and rewarding. The burn on this stick was near perfect and the cigar progressed through the following flavors: heavy spice/pepper, creamy sweetness, cedar, and finished with a strong but clean tobacco flavor. Overall, it is definitely a stick I will return to time and again especially once I run out of my stock of LP's.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9563]
Again, a big thanks to JD, Johnny Brooke, and the rest of the crew at Drew Estate. We truly appreciate your gesture and it goes to show that you guys are a top notch group!
I figured I'd end the review with my homage to JD - my JD pose with the Joya De Nic hat on!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9562]

Got mine today!! I don't really remember signing up, but thanks. They will truly be enjoyed!

Well I just received the package with a robusto, double corona and visor today, so I'll be lighting up within the next few days to give one of these a try. I have to say that they look outstanding, a very nice, solid cigar with a beautiful dark wrapper. If they smoke half as good as they look I'll definitely be picking up some more. Thanks to Jonathan Drew and Drew Estate for a very nice gift.