• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drew Estate Undercrown CP Sendout Review Thread

Got mine today....WOW nice visor...!! I have the next few days off, will be sure to follow up my pic with a detailed review...!!

Thanks a ton, Johnathan...!!!

Okay, I'll be honest.

I bought a couple of these back in November and tried it and just didn't get the flavors that everyone was ranting about. When December rolled around and several people commented that they thought the Undercrown was the best new cigar of the year, I was left wondering what I was missing. I bought a few in January but I ended up sending them out to miscellaneous packages/bombs so I didn't get to try them again. When the giveaway thread came around, I jumped on it determined to give this another shot.

Sitting outside today with my coffee and smoking the Robusto, I finally get it. This stick has some major flavors, thick smoke, and a great burn. There's a mocha flavor about it, with a sweetness and nutty aroma and I'm loving every minute of it. I'll definitely follow this up with a box.

Thanks DE for this giveaway and for making me a fan! Add Undercrowns to my daily rotation!

I smoked the robusto from the free Undercrown sampler very generously sent out by Jonathan Drew and the Drew Estate folks this evening while walking the dogs. This was a beautiful cigar with a very dark maduro wrapper and a solid, very heavily packed filler. The prelight aroma was absolutely delicious, a very rich, sweet tobacco. Lighting up the cigar was quite spicy and full-bodied, with clouds of thick white smoke. In fact, maybe the most smoke of any cigar I've had for quite some time.

The flavor gradually went from full and spicy to medium and a bit more creamy, but never losing that spicy edge. It was a very slow, cool burning cigar, with no bitterness up to the very end. There was a cavity up the middle of the cigar about 2 mm in diameter for most of the smoke, but it didn't seem to have any negative effect and there was no evidence of it at the head. The Mexican and Brazilian tobaccos really gave this cigar some interesting spicy flavors that are definitely noticeable and different than the typical nicaragua/honduras/dominican flavors, but without the bitterness of most Mexican tobacco I've had. All in all this was a very good cigar and certainly one I'll be seeking out some more of, and maybe buying an entire box.

Many thanks to Drew Estate for the samples of an excellent cigar!

I missed this thread, very nice of Drew Estates to do this. Enjoyed a Feral the other night that was gifted to me by one of the mad bombers. Will look for the Undercrown!

Well poop. Yesterday's was so good, I smoked the Double Corona. Then I went the the local B&M and bought two more Robustos. Then I went online and ordered a box of Gran Toros... You got me in trouble now.

Tried the DC last night. I agree with most here. Spicy, creamy and MY GOD MAN so much smoke. I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar. Sharp burn, great flavor, smooth aroma. As Sheen would say "WINNER"

Thank you JD. I think I am going give the robusto to my local B&M owner for a try. He needs to get these in for me!

Here is my wreckage. Clearly this cigar is "BEYOND THE BAND" worthy!

Drew Estate Undercrown wreckage by camp4lo.com, on Flickr

Tried the DC last night. I agree with most here. Spicy, creamy and MY GOD MAN so much smoke. I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar. Sharp burn, great flavor, smooth aroma. As Sheen would say "WINNER"

Thank you JD. I think I am going give the robusto to my local B&M owner for a try. He needs to get these in for me!

Nice job. You killed that thing.

Search is your friend brother

Search is your friend brother

Ah.. I get it you screen name finally makes sense to me! Very cool and nice pic.

I have been known to use toothpicks, drywall screws, anyting pointy to get every last drop of goodness

I forget who was involved, but a thread about nubbing long ago is what prompted my title.

Just wanted to say thank you very much for the package. I received it right before I left for vacation and have yet to try one but as soon as I do, I will post here again. :) If I can I will try to include some pics!

Amigos y Amigas,

Sorry that it took so long to get all the goodies shipped to all the brothers and sisters. At this point, everything has been shipped out to you guys. If there is anybody still awaiting their package, please let us know and we can double check the situation.

This has been a fun thing to do and I am hoping to see some more photos of those UC Visors. Special thanks to John Brooke who helped me carry out the whole thing.

Happy Holidays to all of you, wherever you are in the world. Be blessed to the ones you love on this beautiful holiday and thank God for all that he has given us, including the camradery that we have together through premium cigars.

Best,
JD

Oh ... and Beyond the Band - I love that photo, my brother. Bad Ass ...!!!!!

JDizzle

Timing was fine, and the smokes are great JD! Lots of thick smoke and a great flavor.

Sitting outside enjoying the Robusto size tonight while I transition to night shift. I thought this cigar would have a hard time living up to the hype but I must say it has exceeded my expectations. I usually enjoy a bit fuller body cigar but this one has plenty of unique flavors that I'm really enjoying. Am I crazy for saying I'm tasting a cinnamon pear type flavor. Nice spice and complexity. I think I've found the next cigar I'll be buying a box of. Thanks again JD and Drew Estate Cigars for the opportunity to try one of these outstanding smokes. :thumbs:

Returned home from vacation and my house sitter had opened the package for me and placed the sticks in my humi for me. Very cool visor too! I'm attempting to get over some sinus crap at the moment so as soon as I do, I'll be giving one of them a whirl, as well as the MUWAT's I purchased a month or so ago. Pics and review to come, thanks JD!

I tried to join the give-away, but I was one week late from the cut-off date. I went out and purchased my Liga Undercrown Gordito's with my own money. So my review isn't biased.

Construction was near perfect with an an excellent draw. Flavors are smooth mild pepper with a coffee and dry chocolate taste. I enjoyed these every chance I get.
Cigars smoked for my review: 3

IMO box worthy. :thumbs:

I smoked the DC in Las Vegas Sunday night and I was very impressed. I didn't think it was very spicy but I did get the richness and creamy coco flavor others have mentioned. This was a very enjoyable smoke.

BTW I hit a 4 of kind on my last spin while smoking your cigar which took me from zero dollars to doubled my buy in so these are now my lucky cigars.

Thanks again!

I knew Friday night was going to be a great night to be out on the deck. The forecast called for a clear sky and crisp evening. A perfect night for satellite hunting, one of my favorite pastimes while enjoying a cigar. I have setting up, down to a science with all of my accessories folded up in the seat of the deck chair, with speakers and power adapters attached to the extension cord. All that's left is selecting a cigar and beverage. I chose the Undercrown Robusto and a few fingers of my new favorite economy single malt, Pig's Nose.
Undercrown1.jpg

The pre-light aroma of the wrapper was a combination of cocoa and a faint version of the barnyard aroma that I usually get from ISOMs. I know it may not sound great but it is! I didn't get much from the pre-light draw, maybe just a bit of cocoa.

After my typically average job of firing it up and taking the first few puffs I could tell that it was going to be an enjoyable cigar. I settled back in my chair and began gazing up at the sky and it wasn’t long before I had my first sighting. Through out the roughly two and a half hours of smoking this bad boy I managed to catch about 10 satellites. On three seprate occasions I had at least two in view at the same time. I think that's a record. :thumbs:

The cigar burned well and generated plenty of smoke. Of course it gets a bit hard to tell how much smoke once it gets dark, which it did pretty quickly. Unfortunately for me I don’t get a whole lot of flavor from a cigar once it’s lit. I guess I just don’t have the buds for it. I do know if a cigar tastes good to me and this one did. Can you tell? :whistling:

Undercrown2.jpg

Oh… And I almost always go “beyond the band”. ;) :D

ETA: I smoked this Friday the 6th, not in a few hours. :p