• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Houston Area Herf

It was a lot of fun. I got passed by two cops without getting pulled over. I also had no dash lights. Got it all fixed this morning thought. The dumb-ass who did the installation forgot to attach some wires.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1316383636' post='1056625']
It was a lot of fun. I got passed by two cops without getting pulled over. I also had no dash lights. Got it all fixed this morning thought. The dumb-ass who did the installation forgot to attach some wires.
[/quote]

Glad it went smooth James!

So I was thinking that if we are able to throw the next herf in a home, which seems likely (James' or mine). It would be pretty cool to do an AVB potluck as the holidays are coming up. But that very much depends on whom is coming and where they are coming from. Just a thought.

I'm all for a herf at my place. However, things didn't work out as we had planned for housing. Instead of being in the Katy area we are moving out to The Woodlands. We could afford a house that gets the kids in a better school out there. I've got a great patio for herfing as well, about a 8x12 drained concrete pad. Wife and kids will be here in about 2 weeks. So we'll have little boys to go get beers and cigars for us.

Maybe next time I can make it. I have PLENTY of beer I can bring if you are into IPA's and some other stuff. Since I'm not allowed to drink I need to get rid of it. :( The good side we would definitely have some fun.

I saw Loren post that he'll be in town on November 5th. My son's birthday is Nov. 7th so I will likely do something for that; however, my birthday is on Nov. 6th so I also need to do something for me. I'd like to get something together for the 5th. Who would be available and when? I can work the son's event into the morning/lunch time. Then unwind form screaming kids with a cigar and booze.

Depends on how early it is. I am getting at least 1 new tattoo and possibly another re-inked at the same time. The appointment is set for 5pm and is near the downtown area. I would definitely come up early and smoke a cigar or two if the time is right. :D

We are going to move the son's activities to the following week-end so that whole day should be relatively open (there is rumor of another kid's party that day). My wife is likely to join us as well. Another happening on this day is the LSU-Bama game. Most places we would herf have TVs so no big deal, but I'd rather start before or after so I don't miss any of the game. I'd host it at my house, but Carol would rather go out somewhere. I took her to Cellar 17 (or whatever the wine place by Serious is) and she liked it.

I'm out if its at some place that sells alcohol. I can't be around it since the forbidden fruit mentality will bite me in the ass. I have strict orders against any alcohol consumption due to my Liver. I rarely drink anyways but being around it now makes me want to have something because I'm not supposed too. I just gave away like $200 to $300 worth of specialty beer I picked up at Spec's since Dec. No more temptation. And yes, they have mentioned I may need a Liver transplant in the near future. :( I should know more tomorrow in what they are planning to do next.

And depending on where it is at, I may not even be able to attend. Due to having some ink done starting at 5pm and the time it would take to get there from wherever the Herf would be at. Basically just plan it as if I can't make it so ya'll can have some fun. I hope everyone can understand why I prefer to smoke at a place with zero alcohol.

I'd like to extend an invitation to the Houston area S/BOTL's to our place and watch the LSU-Bama game. I can't do anything form 2-4 because I have to go with my kids to a friends party and I was informed if I scheduled a herf she would not be pleased. Kick-off is at 7pm so we could smoke for a couple of hours in the back before the game. We'll have food and alcohol.

Just for clarification, the LSU-bama game is on Nov. 5th, NOT this Saturday. I tentatively have a family dinner that Saturday for my Mother's birthday. So for now I will have to respectfully decline, There is a good chance the Saturday dinner will be moved to a Sunday brunch, mmmm Dim-sum.

The game is this Saturday Nov. 5th. We are anticipating a 4:30-5:00 pm start. If anyone is planning on coming let us know by Thursday. We are planning on making red beans and rice. I'll also have beer and liquor around. Game starts at 7:00pm.

Wish I could come man, but it's the woman's mothers' birthday...

Joy! We all know what I'd rather be doing....but it doesn't look like I'm getting out of this one.

I won't be able to make it. I get my CT scan done on Nov 4th and some new ink on the 5th. My shoulder is killing me so I'm not much fun right now. Hopefully the new ink will help ease the pain in the shoulder like the last one did.

Just for clarification, the LSU-bama game is on Nov. 5th, NOT this Saturday. I tentatively have a family dinner that Saturday for my Mother's birthday. So for now I will have to respectfully decline, There is a good chance the Saturday dinner will be moved to a Sunday brunch, mmmm Dim-sum.
Sorry James, looks like the above scheduled family time is not going to budge. Have fun!

Sorry James,

I am going to have to decline, unexpected guest in town.

Maybe next time

Go LSU!!!!

Ken