• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How many cigars per day/week?

I'm up to one daily, sometimes 2.

Untill a month or so ago I was cut back to 1 a week.

I try to limit myself to three a week. Although lately it's been around four or five.

I guess I'm not the average fellow because I smoke about six per day. I drive a lot for work and I'm never without cigar. It gets very expensive, but I really enjoy them.

Im usually good for a few a week.... With summer right around the corner, Im sure it will increase as the days are just too nice to only enjoy one smoke.
In the winter months, Im lucky if I get 1 down in a week...

Being retired has it's benefits and associated costs. Depending on weather, outdoor temperature, with or without company etc. I have to admit to at least two per day.

That being said, if I have my favorites in good supply, LG #9, Padron 2000 maddie, Fuente 8-5-8 SG, I can get myself into more trouble and have to force myself to smoke the lessor favorites I do have.

War is hell!

Not as much as I would like, maybe once or twice a month, while the weather was cold. It will pick up now that it's warming up, but I have been smoking a pipe more often, can smoke in the house, doesn't make it smell like sh*t.

Does the smell of pipe tobacco smell and/or leave any trace of the typical stale tobacco-smoke smell? I've always been curious of pipe tobacco, but never had the opportunity to try it. The guys that work at my local B&M swear by it, saying that I should save my money and switch to pipe tobacco. I just don't see it being even remotely close to the complexity of cigars that I've come to look forward to and enjoy. I have to admit that it does smell good though whenever I get a whiff.

I am certainly no expert, I just really started getting in smoking pipes.

I will start by saying, pipes aren't even close to having a cigar. They require a little work and a bunch of getting used to. That being said, they are a sh*t load cheaper to smoke. You can get a corncob pipe for $1.50 and 44 grams for $5 (10-20 bowls depending on the pipe size), upwards of 2lbs for $25.

I know that pipes aren't like smoking cigars, I don't enjoy the pipe as much, but I knew I could smoke it in the house. I have two main pipes, one for English tobacco (The stuff that has a stronger more rich flavor) but it doesn't smell amazing. That pipe I usually smoke outside, because it is very similar to smoking a cigar, smells good when it's burning, not always after you're done. The other pipe is for Virginas and Aromatics (Amazingly good smelling tobacco) these most of the time are like smoking inscents. They can give the house or wherever you smoke a nice lingering scent, but of course too much of a good thing can get bad. Moderated, it's a nice treat for a smoker.

I personally have never gotten the buzz like I get from a cigar, especially something like an Opus or LFD, but I'm not trying to get tanked most times. I'm usually just trying to make the house smell a little better and why waste money on deodorizers, when I can get the same effect and get something out of it too.

Pipes need down time, regular cleaning, break in periods, etc. So unless you have several pipes, you normally can't smoke a couple times a day, every day of the week.
  • With corncob pipes, they need the least amount of downtown between smokes, normally they just need to cool down, then you can go at it again.
  • Meerschaum pipes are in the middle category, they don't require a bunch of attention, more so then a corncob, far less the a Briar pipe. They require a slightly longer rest after smoking then a corncob, but not the day or longer rest that Briars need.
  • Briars are the most common of pipes, they can cost much more then the other two put together. They also require about a days rest for each bowl smoked, for example; smoked 1 bowl, 1 days rest, smoked 2 bowls, 2 days rest, so on and so forth.
Like anything you can spend as little or as much as you want on smoking pipes, but personally, if you want to try, go pick up a corncob pipe, browse and sniff through your tobacco choices until you find something that smells enjoyable, get a small amount, give it a try.

Here's a good thread to read if you want some more information http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=42606

Whenever I have time...which comes out to 1 or 2 times a month. I gotta get me more time.

I used to average about 12 a week. With a different schedule these days, I'm down to around 6 a week, and 3 of those will probably be on one day.

At least one a day and sometimes up to 3 or 4. This is definitely more likely in summer.

One a week and sometimes that varies. But on average it would be 1 a week!

About 4 a week give or take, I try not to smoke unless its PURE LEISURE. I have smoked a cigar or two on campus though. ;D

I'm right there with you Paul. I'd like to enjoy more than 1 a week but I just can't find the time to actually sit down and enjoy it. Not to mention, as another posted already said, this is something I enjoy doing and I like to not turn it into a habit.

Not as much as I would like, maybe once or twice a month, while the weather was cold. It will pick up now that it's warming up, but I have been smoking a pipe more often, can smoke in the house, doesn't make it smell like sh*t.

Does the smell of pipe tobacco smell and/or leave any trace of the typical stale tobacco-smoke smell? I've always been curious of pipe tobacco, but never had the opportunity to try it. The guys that work at my local B&M swear by it, saying that I should save my money and switch to pipe tobacco. I just don't see it being even remotely close to the complexity of cigars that I've come to look forward to and enjoy. I have to admit that it does smell good though whenever I get a whiff.

I am certainly no expert, I just really started getting in smoking pipes.

I will start by saying, pipes aren't even close to having a cigar. They require a little work and a bunch of getting used to. That being said, they are a sh*t load cheaper to smoke. You can get a corncob pipe for $1.50 and 44 grams for $5 (10-20 bowls depending on the pipe size), upwards of 2lbs for $25.

I know that pipes aren't like smoking cigars, I don't enjoy the pipe as much, but I knew I could smoke it in the house. I have two main pipes, one for English tobacco (The stuff that has a stronger more rich flavor) but it doesn't smell amazing. That pipe I usually smoke outside, because it is very similar to smoking a cigar, smells good when it's burning, not always after you're done. The other pipe is for Virginas and Aromatics (Amazingly good smelling tobacco) these most of the time are like smoking inscents. They can give the house or wherever you smoke a nice lingering scent, but of course too much of a good thing can get bad. Moderated, it's a nice treat for a smoker.

I personally have never gotten the buzz like I get from a cigar, especially something like an Opus or LFD, but I'm not trying to get tanked most times. I'm usually just trying to make the house smell a little better and why waste money on deodorizers, when I can get the same effect and get something out of it too.

Pipes need down time, regular cleaning, break in periods, etc. So unless you have several pipes, you normally can't smoke a couple times a day, every day of the week.
  • With corncob pipes, they need the least amount of downtown between smokes, normally they just need to cool down, then you can go at it again.
  • Meerschaum pipes are in the middle category, they don't require a bunch of attention, more so then a corncob, far less the a Briar pipe. They require a slightly longer rest after smoking then a corncob, but not the day or longer rest that Briars need.
  • Briars are the most common of pipes, they can cost much more then the other two put together. They also require about a days rest for each bowl smoked, for example; smoked 1 bowl, 1 days rest, smoked 2 bowls, 2 days rest, so on and so forth.
Like anything you can spend as little or as much as you want on smoking pipes, but personally, if you want to try, go pick up a corncob pipe, browse and sniff through your tobacco choices until you find something that smells enjoyable, get a small amount, give it a try.

Here's a good thread to read if you want some more information http://www.cigarpass...showtopic=42606

Thanks for the info.! I had no idea that pipes needed down-time. Definitely would like to try it out someday.

I'm right there with you Paul. I'd like to enjoy more than 1 a week but I just can't find the time to actually sit down and enjoy it. Not to mention, as another posted already said, this is something I enjoy doing and I like to not turn it into a habit.

This coming from a man with an Edgestar 28 bottle frigidor? :laugh: Maybe the smoking quantity, but not the buying quantity. But I hear you, I smoke 7 and buy 25 :whistling:

Once or twice a week, sometimes more sometimes less, it all depends on weather and a billion other things as I have two little boys and can really smoke a cigar when I can enjoy it and it is usually later in the evening when my household is hopefully peacefully sleeping.