• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

So for all you guys with toddlers, today my son woke up from his nap, played in his room for a few minutes and then went Jail Break and started running wild upstairs like a mad man. Other then chicken wire, how do you keep a kid in his crib? Or better yet, how do embrace the new found freedom of a El Chapo toddler? A SAHD wants to know.

So for all you guys with toddlers, today my son woke up from his nap, played in his room for a few minutes and then went Jail Break and started running wild upstairs like a mad man. Other then chicken wire, how do you keep a kid in his crib? Or better yet, how do embrace the new found freedom of a El Chapo toddler? A SAHD wants to know.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I've found that all I can really do is baby proof the place and block off places (i.e. baby gates) that I don't want her to get into. And boy they are like little bipolar gremlins lol

how do you keep a kid in his crib
You don't want to know. I'm a very unorthodox father. People always comment how wonderful my son is, and then, if they get some insight into how I raise him, it's "you can't do that, you'll spoil him" as their kids drive them crazy.

I used to watch my daughter at night on the video monitor when she was a wee one. As she outgrew her crib, we moved her to a toddler bed. We put up a gate/fence thingie that pretty much bisected her room. One half was her sleeping area, the other was her room and play area. She would play us all at night: She could hear when we were coming up the stairs, and would feign sleep. I mean, we'd lean over and kiss her goodnight, and she'd be seemingly out cold. As soon as she heard the door close, you'd see her head pop up, look around, and then she'd climb off of her bed. She would move things over to the gate area and stack them so she could climb over to go out and play. She'd then reach through and lift her "steps" over to the outside so she could get back in again when she was done playing. Once inside, she would put everything away like it was never disturbed, get back in bed, and go to sleep. We knew this was wrong, but could only watch in amazement the first few times.

Shit, I wish I could get her to clean her room like that again NOW!

I used to watch my daughter at night on the video monitor when she was a wee one. As she outgrew her crib, we moved her to a toddler bed. We put up a gate/fence thingie that pretty much bisected her room. One half was her sleeping area, the other was her room and play area. She would play us all at night: She could hear when we were coming up the stairs, and would feign sleep. I mean, we'd lean over and kiss her goodnight, and she'd be seemingly out cold. As soon as she heard the door close, you'd see her head pop up, look around, and then she'd climb off of her bed. She would move things over to the gate area and stack them so she could climb over to go out and play. She'd then reach through and lift her "steps" over to the outside so she could get back in again when she was done playing. Once inside, she would put everything away like it was never disturbed, get back in bed, and go to sleep. We knew this was wrong, but could only watch in amazement the first few times.

Shit, I wish I could get her to clean her room like that again NOW!
Wow!

John, this at nap time; are you "forcing" a nap?
I don't believe so. There is a time around 12:30-1:30 where he typically takes a nap. He is tired from the mornings activities and shows this by his body language and other indicators. So we read and then put him down. He is awake when we do this but will eventually fall asleep on his own. Sometimes he jibber-jabbers for a while and sometimes he goes out like a light. It has only been recently that he has been climbing out of his crib and running around instead of falling asleep.

My son didn't nap. He also slept all night. I would think each kid is different. If he did happen to fall asleep, in a chair or on the couch, (extremely rare) I moved him to the recliner with the arms to keep him from rolling off. Always in my sight. I was quite awoken when they first walk. Holy crap, it means they run and climb too!

My son didn't nap. He also slept all night. I would think each kid is different. If he did happen to fall asleep, in a chair or on the couch, (extremely rare) I moved him to the recliner with the arms to keep him from rolling off. Always in my sight. I was quite awoken when they first walk. Holy crap, it means they run and climb too!
I was so excited when my son started crawling, then walking but soon i realized that Pandora's Box was open. Each exciting new ability was weighed against the new potential for trouble and mischief- of which there is alot of.

So usually I'm late or on time with my weekly recap. However this weekend is my sins 2nd birthday and we are having family in town to celebrate another trip around the sun. As such, and since I'm having a smoke outside right now, I decided to get ahead of myself for once. So as I said, Parker turns 2 on Saturday. How much he has grown and evolved is amazing and I'm blessed to have whitnesses it as much as I have. Not all families are able to say that. He is words have really increased lately. He now will forgo impuls and listen and do what I ask him to do. It's amazing. True, he is a toddler in the terrible twos but I am learning more on how to understand him and work with his frustrations.
So this week, we were up in DC yesterday and today. We went up to go to a baseball game as part of my wife's team building and recognition/thank you to her team at her company. P did much better then expected at the game. We got to spend some time this morning with my old friend and cigar store boss, Mike Copperman who now works alongside Glen Loop of the CRA. we had a great time up in DC. I'm glad to be back home and excited to see my sister and her husband tomorrow as they came down for the weekend.
I also have begun doing my search for what kind of work I will pursue once I finally grow up and get back into the working world. This isn't going to happen immediately but as opportunities develop and present themselves I'm having to start my inquiries soon then I had anticipated.
Up coming is my wife's birthday and our family trip to the beach. Cannot wait for for all of this.
Oh back to my sons birthday, some folks buy a box of cigars to smoke and then share with their offspring once they become of age. I chose a box of RASS with a box date of his birthday month. Last year I wrote up an index card of the experience and will do so again for this year. I plan do this with son #2 as well. I recommend this if you can. I'll let you know about the experience next week.

So this has been my week. How was yours ?

I was sick, didn't smoke, didn't drink.

Did cuss a lot though.:D

So last weekend was my son's 2nd birthday which went great. My wife can really throw a party. Lotta toy trucks for him. He takes them everywhere he goes which is kind of cute. This past Thursday was my wife's birthday and so we had a nic dinner at his me after my son went to bed and then she thinks ok off my n Friday so that we could go golfing. She shot a 97 and I shot a 102. Saturday was another birthday party. This time for a boy the same age as Parker who lives near n our neighborhood and will be a classmate of Parker's at preschool. It was nice feature getting to meet some of the fellow parents of my sons classmates. Lastly it's been move-in weekend h re at UVA. So the area has been crazy with the sudden influx of cars and especially the out of town folks. Is locals have been hunkered down and staying away from BB&B, Target and Costco. I do look forward to this time of year though. There is an energy that the students bring back with them that is absent during the summer.
How was your week?

Happy Birthday to the little dude!

Started planning another trip to Maui for work. We are going to hit two new schools over there this time in November. I'm hoping to get at least two more schools on board during October/November, as well. The most interesting part of all of this, and I shit you not in the least, is that there is a possibility of Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle, and Mr. "Back Home Again In Indiana") granting us use of his private airplane to get around for a few of the weeks. I'm still working that one, but our director seems very confident it is going to happen.

So this week we are on vacation. Last week was insane as we were wrapping up things in anticipation of our trip. Had a Ultrasound appointment for baby #2. Had a meet and greet with our son's new preschool teachers. Packing, last minute errands, etc. Hit the road at 5am Saturday for an 8 hour drive. Got to our house which we were renting for the week. Unpacked. Spent time on the beach. Smoked a great cigar. The others who were joining us arrived. Sunday hung out at the beach. Smoked a good cigar and a mediocre cigar. Today, more time on the beach followed by golf with the wife. Got rained out after 12 holes and got a rain check for later in the week. Smoking a good cigar right now while watching some Dojo videos.
How are you doing?

So we got back on Saturday from Kiawah Island, SC. 7.5 hours. It was a long driving day. So after my Monday update, we had great weather up till Friday which was very windy and rainy due to the hurricane that was passing through. Took a trip to Charleston to visit the aquarium on Tuesday and then dinner on Wednesday. Actually made it through dinner with out Parker going bananas. Tuesday through Thursday were forecasted for bad weather so we never cashed in our golf rain check. That stunk because as I mentioned the weather on those days were actually great. Oh well. Maybe next year we will make use of the rain check. Lotta good cigars and meals. Lotta good time at the beach and with family. Cannot believe I'm back home. It went by so quickly. My son started preschool yesterday and is loving it. I'm beside myself with all the extra free time.
How have you been? How as school affected your daily routine?

image.jpeg Oh a few things I forgot to mention in my previous, free flowing post was that Wednesday night on our way back from Charleston we came across a 12 foot alligator a block from our house.

We had a decent week. Hurricane managed to just miss us, so no problems at all. Very edge of my county had some trees go down. I had bought some extra emergency staples, just in case. Moved some lawn stuff into the garage, etc.

My son's school closed, just in case, so he wound up with a 4 day weekend.

Right now I'm not working, so him being in school is not an issue. He's a pretty innocuous child. Well behaved, good natured, etc. Even so, I still do tend to "lock my radar" on him when he's home, so I do get a little more done while he's in school. Regardless, I like him home.

Once I start working I'll have to see about if I need someone to watch him a couple hrs a day. He's going on 13, so an hour or two by himself is probably fine. Illegal now, but I was home alone at 8, in NYC. Hell, I took the bus to work in the pizzeria when I was 8. Times have changed.

My week pretty much sucked. Bought a new fridge and water on Friday since they both crapped out. Wife is cranky and both kids are having a contest to see who can be the most trouble. Bright side is I just got a 2g refund from my union dues. And I don't sell women's shoes.