• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

My week pretty much sucked. Bought a new fridge and water on Friday since they both crapped out. Wife is cranky and both kids are having a contest to see who can be the most trouble. Bright side is I just got a 2g refund from my union dues. And I don't sell women's shoes.
Nice Married With Children reference. This past week was crazy for me, but I kept everything together so no one else in the house managed to notice. The wife starts her 3rd trimester in October and cannot fly at that point so she is trying to get in as much of her flying travel in as possible. She was gone a couple of days last week, but was back in time for me to head up to Philly area for a guys weekend of golf, red meat and the Delaware Cigar Festival. It was a great end to a busy week. I also managed to pick up a bottle of Blanton's for $46 bucks in Maryland! Pretty excited about that, plus the 50 cigars i got to bring home from the festival and the fact that my Fairway Wood actually cooperated while beating my friend in golf at his country club!

I have another one of those weeks this week, and it will culminate in mid October when my wife is gone from Sunday to Thursday and then I leave early Friday for a stay at home dad's conference! THEN, we have no more travel and can finally reintroduce ourselves to each other. Anyone else have a surge of crazyness in their schedule?

So its been a month. Since my last post, I think I've seen my wife 10 days in the last 30. After getting back from the cigar festival, My wife had a week of travel, then I went to Peoria Il, for a convention. 14 hour drive out, and another 14 hour drive back. Very little sleep. The weekend was jam packed to say the least. I get back Monday morning at 6AM, drive my son to preschool, and came home to nap- only to sleep through his pickup. The school woke me up when they called to remind me to pick him up- oops! Another week of travel for my wife, and then I had an event on Saturday, then drove her to the train station the next day for an 7AM train up to Connecticut. She hit up Connecticut, New Jersey, DC and finally made it back home Thursday evening. The next morning, I left for Raleigh for a Stay At Home Dad's convention. Got home Sunday evening. Its been a week of getting to meet each other again. Actually had a faux First Date last night just for fun and for our sanity. Luckily her travel, and mine is basically done for the time being. I'm looking forward to getting back to normal. How has your month been?

I don't even remember what happened last week. Having a Sarsaparilla 2 right now. It is delicious.

Oh, quick up date- 2 months until our new son comes!

So its been a month. Since my last post, I think I've seen my wife 10 days in the last 30. After getting back from the cigar festival, My wife had a week of travel, then I went to Peoria Il, for a convention. 14 hour drive out, and another 14 hour drive back. Very little sleep. The weekend was jam packed to say the least. I get back Monday morning at 6AM, drive my son to preschool, and came home to nap- only to sleep through his pickup. The school woke me up when they called to remind me to pick him up- oops! Another week of travel for my wife, and then I had an event on Saturday, then drove her to the train station the next day for an 7AM train up to Connecticut. She hit up Connecticut, New Jersey, DC and finally made it back home Thursday evening. The next morning, I left for Raleigh for a Stay At Home Dad's convention. Got home Sunday evening. Its been a week of getting to meet each other again. Actually had a faux First Date last night just for fun and for our sanity. Luckily her travel, and mine is basically done for the time being. I'm looking forward to getting back to normal. How has your month been?
You two still getting together time? I don't miss those days of passing in the night.

Strangely, I've found myself traveling again for work every couple of months with a job I never would have expected (or expected to have!). I'm gearing up to go to Maui again for two weeks, leaving on Halloween. We'll be visiting five schools as well as the Maui Civil Air Patrol wing, presenting our brand of learnin' to just about 1,000 kids there. I'm hoping that the fam can come and visit like they did when I was on Kauai last year. These island trips are fun, but much better when they get to share it with me -- even if just for a weekend. PLANNING these things, on the other hand, has caused my beard to get even more gray (when I let it grow in)...

At work we're heading into our second Curriculum Based Assessment, prepping for state standardized testing in December. For the last three days I've produced an instructional PowerPoint a day prepping my students for the CBA, and disseminating them charter-wide (ten campuses now). And I'm almost done with the first terms of two brand new courses, Technical Writing and Creative Writing, that launch in January. My supervisors think I am a productivity GOD. :cool:

~Boar

Kann we have a goal of getting out once a month. Been pretty good at that but it requires plenty of planning and logistics.

Another week, another week forgotten. I must have pregnancy brain- as unmanly as it sounds b/c I'd be hard pressed to tell you what happened.
Baby is due in 7 weeks. Made it to the cigar shop today. Those are the highlights.

What are your highlights?

Son got sick, I got sick. We both slept a lot. I think we're on the downhill now.

On Maui right now. Yeah, it's Maui, but I'm tired of traveling without the family -- I thought I got out of that when I was retired...

That said, we are going to break our May numbers with just this one school by tomorrow, and there are still three schools and a Civil Air Patrol visit to make. I'm happy in that regard. We also stumbled upon the best-kept secret restaurant here on the island. It's a little European bistro called Brigit and Bernard's Gardencafe. It's the best German food I've had outside of Deutschland (they are Swiss and German couple).

Geeze, I am getting bad at this weekly update posting. Last week was a lot of fun. My son's preschool had Parent/Teacher conferences and so we went to our first of many P/T Conference. He is doing great- #2 in his class as a matter of fact. The teachers love him, think he is doing fantastic- much better adjusted then the other kids, and so we came out of that feeling pretty good about ourselves. Tuesday he also had off, so after voting, we headed up to DC as my wife had meetings Tues/Wend and we decided to go enjoy DC some. While in DC, we got a chance to get into the Afro-American History Museum on The Mall. It is an awesome museum. Definitely worth going to- but keep in mind that since it is so new, that you need to put in for tickets (which are free) since that is how they are controlling all of the people who want to visit the Smithsonian's newest museum. Tickets can be hard to come by so plan ahead. We almost got thrown out. My son wanted to climb into Chuck Berry's Cadillac which was on display and was quite adamant that he be allowed to do so- even given the Security Guards urging that it was a terrible idea. There were a few other pieces in the museum that he thought would be better served if they were interactive so i had to pull him off/out of a few more exhibits, but it is certainly worth going too, and one that I will go to again.

This past weekend I had a conference in Greensboro and actually had time to run out for a quick look around Greensboro. My 2 hour tour brought me past the Pipe and Pint cigar shop which I will stop at and spend more time at next time that I am down in Greensboro. Anyway, here is Monday all over again. How was your week/weekend?

Very cool. Congratulations on the smart kiddo. I'm hoping to be able to go to DC in February for an astrophotography conference hosted by Smithsonian. I just really want to go to the A&S museum -- I haven't been since 2000. Also hoping to get to go to California next month to see the Reagan Library and their education department. They have a really cool Decision Center, where kids have to work as the government during a nuclear crisis. I'm really interested in the Decision Center, and I've always wanted to see the Reagan Library. I hope that trip pans out.

I'm back on Maui again this morning (since Sunday). This school is pretty good, but there are some asshole kids, and the teachers prefer WE take care of business as need be with the discipline rather than doing it themselves, which really takes up our time we need to be doing other stuff. Heading to Hana on Friday morning; I love that drive. I'm really looking forward to that, and then getting home on Friday afternoon. First world probs, I know...

Enjoy the rest of your week!

The week thus far has been great. Went to Texas and finished up some server virtualization and installed some new copiers. It's always nice to get out of the normal every once in a while.

Kann I love the drive too. The black sand beaches are a site to see too. So your interested in astronomy? That is cool. The regan library sounds very cool too.

This pst week was awesome. We are under one month till baby #2 joins us. We are getting the nursery ready- going through the clothes, loading up on diapers, etc. had some good smokes while walking our dog and some good beers while I deal with n under pregnant wife. Throw in Thanksgiving coming up and yeah, I have my hands full.

What's up with you?

Kann I love the drive too. The black sand beaches are a site to see too. So your interested in astronomy? That is cool. The regan library sounds very cool too.

Hana was amazing. We left Kahului at about 0400 (as we usually do on these trips), so it was dark most of the way there. However, we took the northern road back again, and the views were incredible. We stopped a few places because we had the time to kill before our flight. We took the southern route last time, and it was very cool, too. Much shorter this way, though!

I am not a huge astronomy buff, but I have learned a lot (had no choice, really!) with this job. Lots of really cool stuff. We teach two or three different astronomy/space-based programs, so I've had to learn up on a lot of stuff in order to be more knowledgeable than the kids. :p Our Astrophotography Lab program is sponsored and affiliated with Smithsonian, so we are taking two kids to the national conference there early next year. I think it's going to come down to if they need a male chaperone or not as far as me going, personally. I'm not the most deserving out of all of us (I have my own program I run -- others put this one together), but there's only two males in the whole department, and the other guy is the Education Programs Manager (#2 below The Boss), so he's pretty much stuck at home base while I get to travel. I can't complain...

Anyway, back home since the weekend, and unless the Simi Valley thing pans out for next month, I don't see anymore traveling in my near future. That's only a one day, out-and-back trip, anyway. I have about 27 hours clocked in the last two days, alone, just trying to catch up, but I'm finally above water and feeling good again. Hell, I'm laying in bed right now; I'm not even getting dressed until at least 0900 today!

Hope everyone is feeling better, and all the soon-to-be parents (#2) are doing well!

Thanksgiving came and went. The turkey took 2 hours longer then anticipated which meant that our 5:30 dinner kicked off at 7:30. The benefits were that I wasn't cooking (thanks to the BIL) and it also meant that my tornado of a two year old went to bed before we sat down in our formal dining room with the fancy stuff. The downside was that I wasn't able to get over to the cigar store for their annual post thanksgiving sale. It worked out to my benefit in the end because I was able to get a few trips to the shop over the course of the weekend. The week of thanksgiving was also great. We ordered a new fridge while taking advantage of Best Buy's week long sale and due to my affiliation with my business organization, I'll get a check from Beat Buy for buying from their online site! Also my wife, as of tomorrow is 3 weeks away from having our 2nd son. She is no longer traveling so we get to spend a lot more time together before his arrival! The nursery is all set up and ready for him.

How was your thanksgiving and your week? What did you get to do during the extended weekend and what sales were you able to take advantage of?

Thanksgiving was great. Food came out really good. Still eating off it. My son was off from school for the week, which was great. I really enjoy him being home. Did some Movies which we enjoyed.

Didn't do any sales. I don't participate in Black Friday, etc.
All my shopping was done by October.

All the best with with you family and the pending new arrival, Juan!