• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Initial impressions - Casa Magna Domus Magnus Limitada

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Guys - I just smoked a new Casa Magna Domus Magnus Limitada in the 6.5 X 55 size. A cigar that reminded me very much of the Padron 64 but not quite...not in a bad way, but with a slightly different flavor profile. Not as "zippy" in terms of spice as many of the recent Tats and Pepin smokes, but very solid in terms of overall flavor and construction. Nicely complex, lots to offer. A nicely open draw, burn was great requiring only a couple minor touch ups with the torch. A bit of punch, to be sure...probably not an "empty tummy" smoke unless you're a hard core like I am.... :p

Long and short of it is that these are very worthy smokes..!! I got mine from Israel but I'm sure other vendors will have them sooner than later. Easy to recommend picking up a 5-er or maybe even a box (10 to a box, AFIK).

I have a few more and will post a more detailed review with pics sooner than later. But, if you're on the fence about these, I can assure you that you will not be dissapointed. I very much enjoyed tonights smoke, and will smoke more. May find a spot in my regular rotation....a very nice smoke, to be sure..!!

Enjoy, my friends - B.B.S.

Glad you enjoyed it TL. This is IMHO one of the top smokes to come out of the show this year. Let me know which of the 2 you like better. I like the smaller of the 2 better...but they're both great. Completely different blend than the original Colorado.

Smoked one of the Optimus ( I think) tonight at a smoker at the Prince Hotel and initial draw reminded me of a Padron, it was so easy. I liked it well enough, although it was my second cigar of the night. I can't pick out flavors, but I did pick up some cocoa in there. Think I'll need to smoke a couple more to decide, but it did keep me occupied.

Thank Fia!

I've tried one of the smaller size, which wasn't that small, and it had good flavor, but it burned very hot. I've got one more, I'll be interested to see how it performs.

I can use all the "zippy" I can get at this stage in my Life....and if it comes from a cigar, better yet.

At least I don't have to take a cigar out to dinner...

Thanks for the review Tom.

I really enjoyed both of the sizes, but the larger one (optimus i believe) more. The local B&M had a box left last Sunday, so I took off their hands. I'm excited to enjoy them going forward.

Just an update for fans of this line: SAG (Quesada) is coming out with 1000 boxes each of three new sizes, a belicoso, a shorter robusto, and a churchill.

I have had a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto, what a great stick. In my all-time favorites. Will tell you a secrect, I was a virgin untill she touched my lips, a LOVE to remember!

I really like this cigar. Not a big fan of the regular CM but the Domus Magnus is very nice.

An underrated cigar IMO. I enjoy their Espana line and I think this is another good one.

Picked up a box of these awhile ago and it still cracks me up that the "instructions" recommend that you enjoy these after a hearty steak.

edit* nice top level summary btw. They've grown on me.. Ill have to dig one out for this weekend.

Casa Magna Domus Magnus Coitus Interruptus, thought we had some kind of a Latin seminar going on here.

I can't speak for all the vitolas in the Casa Magna Domus Magnus line as I only smoke the Primus, but without a doubt I can say that the Primus is extremely underrated, and if the rest of the line tastes like the Primus...the whole line is underrated. Go out and buy/try some...you won't be disappointed.