• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mojito recipe

I don't. A man could get killed around here making or ordering one.;)

Doc

I do mint from the garden, maybe 6-8 leaves.
I'll hit them with a wooden spoon in the bottom of a highball glass.
Then I squeeze half a lime over the mint.
Next is a shot of rum. I use 10 Cane.
Then a shot of simple syrup. This is purely by taste. Adjust as needed.
Next I will throw in several ice cubes and top it all off with club soda.

To me, the key is not destroying the mint. You want to bruise it to release the oils, but don't pulverize it or you'll have green teeth.

You're not helping, Doc. :p

Ignore him. Mojito's a fine drink for summer. Two things: it's all in the muddling. Fresh mint, raw sugar, wooden pestle. Glass that won't shatter in your hand. That's important! o_O

Some people like to use a simple syrup, or even an agave syrup instead of sugar, but I find that a nice granular raw or turbinado sugar really grinds the mint up and gives your drink more flavor. Squeeze a couple fresh lime wedges into it, add a shot or two . . . or however many . . . :D

Most people use white rum, but Flor de Cana Gold is tastier. I've even used quite good rums, aged ones, but that's a bit of a waste. A tasty waste, but a waste.

Top off with club soda, never Sprite or 7-Up.

~Boar

I used Bacardi Silver and lime juice concentrate. I topped it off with club soda and all I taste is limy soda water. What have I done wrong? I can only try this so many times before I'm to clumsy to mix another drink.

I stir, I shake, hell sometimes I even use the blender, but I never muddle.

Doc

Mine are pretty standard. Only thing I've done was learn not to overdo it when mulling the Lime, if you're adding the fruit and not just the juice. Too much can make it bitter.

I used Bacardi Silver and lime juice concentrate. I topped it off with club soda and all I taste is limy soda water. What have I done wrong? I can only try this so many times before I'm to clumsy to mix another drink.
You definitely need mint and simple syrup. Our recipe is similar to Scap's, but add a shot more of lime juice.

In a shaker, we add 1/2 oz of simple syrup and 1/2 oz of lime juice (fresh) and a shot of rum (we use Cuban). Then squeeze in more juice from 1/4 of a lime. Then add a few leaves (6-10 depending on size) of mint and gently grind it like Scap said. Add ice and shake. Strain and pour it over a glass of ice, squeeze another 1/4 of lime juice in it and top off with club soda. You can add mint or leave in the rind from the last 1/4 of squeezed lime to garnish if you'd like. Hope this helps!

Ok, tried it Succubus/Scap's way and it is measurably better. However I think I poured to heavy on the club soda. How much do you pour? I'm an engineer by trade so numbers work well for me.

Ok, tried it Succubus/Scap's way and it is measurably better. However I think I poured to heavy on the club soda. How much do you pour? I'm an engineer by trade so numbers work well for me.

What size bottle is your club soda?

I use the 10 ouncers and one bottle will make 2 for me.

I use the little glass bottles that come in a 6pack. I use about half. Might be the same size bottle.