• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mold Plume debate

There's a shop around the corner from my work that sold me moldy Anejos. I think I'm going to bring some sterile tubes with me next time and collect a sample.

There's a shop around the corner from my work that sold me moldy Anejos. I think I'm going to bring some sterile tubes with me next time and collect a sample.

Just look at it with a magnifying glass. You'll see the hair-like structure of the mold, spores, etc.

These retailers who call this stuff "plume" are either irritatingly ignorant, or blatantly deceptive.

Either way, it doesn't look good for them, imo.

I bought a box of these on a recommendation of another member here and this is what I received. I contacted that member and sent this photo via PM to make sure his weren't like these pictured...and they weren't. I emailed the picture to the vendor and without hesitation, he said "I'll send you a call tag, sorry for the inconvenience." Finally, a vendor that saw the obvious! The guy was so cool that he let me replace them with a different cigar (they were sold out of the ones I had ordered) and sent the call tag in the box with the replacements...now that is trust!

MoldyCigars.jpg

Also, this is also what we risk in shipping cigars during the Summer months as they were sent with a water pillow in a sealed ziplock bag...although this looks like it could have been there for quite some time. The mold was through the wrapper in some spots, not just on top when I wiped a little off.