• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NCAA March Madness 2017

FoMoCo

Going to get an early start this year!

It will be set up as last year with respect to rules, guidelines, and payout procedures. Invites will be going out to the past participants.

Copied from Steve's post 2014

Same stakes as last year--2 sticks per entry, minimum MSRP of $7.50 each.

If you've somehow become an asshat in the past year, please refrain from entering.

Three entries per person maximum. (modified due to small number of entries)

Payout scale depends on number of entries, but will be roughly 60%/30%/10% (or thereabouts) for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.

I'll assign who sends to who once it's all over--no sense shipping everything twice.

Please make sure your CP name is in your team's name.
Yahoo
Group Name: Cigar Pass 2017
Group # 6336
Password: rod
https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/6336

If you have trouble accessing the pool, PM me with your email and I will send you an invite.

Please let me know if you have any questions, etc.

Thanks for putting together again, I'll put in 3 entries.

Hi all. I mentioned to the OP that Yahoo has been Hacked several times in the last year and maybe ESPN could be a better option to host the brackets. Just wanted to share that bit of info in hopes to make you aware and keep people safe.

Hi all. I mentioned to the OP that Yahoo has been Hacked several times in the last year and maybe ESPN could be a better option to host the brackets. Just wanted to share that bit of info in hopes to make you aware and keep people safe.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am planning on keeping it with Yahoo. It would not surprise me if ESPN was hacked and they did not announce it. There are far more hacks that are not reported than are reported. It is a good reminder about changing your passwords and limiting personal information online. You can always create a "garbage" account.;)
If others are concerned, I would reconsider.

I have a yahoo account that I only use for joining pools and stuff. I don't actually use it for email or anything. I have found ESPNs brackets to be awful in design and function. My opinion is Yahoo has figured it out better than anyone else...for a lot of sports type games. They probably all get hacked in some way. It's just the nature of anything nowadays.

Soon, some regional qualifiers being played currently. Tourney starts on the 14th I believe.

edit to say

I lied... I was thinking about MAC tournament games. The NCAA does start on the 14th though

Last edited:
Brackets are set. You have until Thursday 12:15 EDT to get your picks in.

Good Luck!

Working on filling these out now. Good luck everyone and GO KENT!!

Christy and I are having a "spirited debate" on our last bracket. We will have it pared down to three by Thursday. (Now it looks like we have six entries, but we will delete three by Thursday).

Good luck!!