• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

I'd appreciate the chance to participate if you take a few of us undernoobs...

Up to 12 Participants. I'm going to cut it off at 20, if we get that many.

I'm still working on the literature for everyone to read up on before we get underway.

Stay tuned.

I love seeing newbie passes starting up again! Good on you for taking this on, Jake.

I would like to join, I have never conducted a trade but I'm eligible on all other counts. I have conducted a successful buy though

I would like to join, I have never conducted a trade but I'm eligible on all other counts. I have conducted a successful buy though

I may be wrong but a Buy I belive is considered a Trade!

Not necessarily. The point of participating in a trade is two fold as opposed to a purchase. Primarily (for me) it is so that you have sent/ shipped cigars, and experienced what it is like to put faith that someone else will follow through on their end. Usually when you are new, it is expected that you send your end first, as you do not have an established reputation on the boards and it's more of an insurance that you won't come here and burn someone. Same thing with a newbie pass...how do I, as the host, know that you will follow through on the obligation to ship it to the next person? Trust.

I've only seen Mark participate with integrity on the forums, you're in man.

Everyone, be sure to constantly check the first post in the thread! This is where all of the pass business takes place, line-ups, etc.

I'm targeting to kick this off on the road in the first part of November, probably about 2 weeks from now. Stay tuned, I will be asking you all for information in the coming days.

Not necessarily. The point of participating in a trade is two fold as opposed to a purchase. Primarily (for me) it is so that you have sent/ shipped cigars, and experienced what it is like to put faith that someone else will follow through on their end. Usually when you are new, it is expected that you send your end first, as you do not have an established reputation on the boards and it's more of an insurance that you won't come here and burn someone. Same thing with a newbie pass...how do I, as the host, know that you will follow through on the obligation to ship it to the next person? Trust.

Everyone, be sure to constantly check the first post in the thread! This is where all of the pass business takes place, line-ups, etc.

I'm targeting to kick this off on the road in the first part of November, probably about 2 weeks from now. Stay tuned, I will be asking you all for information in the coming days.

Makes sense thanks for your explanation Jake. I am looking forward to this pass.

thanks for the opportunity

that came out weird i guess im still learning the finer points of quoting... haha

Big ups to you Jake.

The entire time I have beena memeber here I have fallen into 3 categories
1. Deployed
2. Stationed over seas
3. Uber-newb ( lifelong status if fear)

One day I will be stateside again, and I fully intend on hosting passes for new members.
Jake, if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

New guys - take this pass seriously, have fun, but remember what is at stake.

Tim

I'd like the opportunity to participate in this if you're still looking for people.

Big Jake... I know you said the sticks weren't super high end except for a few, but I have to say that the few, are gems! This is gonna be fun! Looking forward to getting my feet wet.

Jake, I've been wanting to get in on a Newbie pass for 3+ years. I've been very much in the same boat as MX, however I think the stars have finally aligned... I'd like to participate if I'm not too late to sign up!

Everyone that has signed up so far, I need you to pm me the following information:

Name
Address
Phone #

Still need a few more addresses. Thanks to those that sent it to me already.

I added a few more cigars to the list, I'll probably add a couple more before the pass goes out.

The first post has been updated, I'm putting together the pricing references we will be using, and then all of the information will be complete.

After I get the rest of the addresses I can put together the order of passers and a pass map.

The first post has been updated, I'm putting together the pricing references we will be using, and then all of the information will be complete.

I read up on what you've posted about judging rarity and everything seems to make sense.  However, I wonder if there is a source that you consult to determine the status of production of particular cigars?  I know a lot of this just comes from experience and following whats going on in the industry, but it sure would be nice if there was some resource to determine the production schedule.

Edited for formatting.

I read up on what you've posted about judging rarity and everything seems to make sense. However, I wonder if there is a source that you consult to determine the status of production of particular cigars? I know a lot of this just comes from experience and following whats going on in the industry, but it sure would be nice if there was some resource to determine the production schedule.

Edited for formatting.

Sometimes the manufacturers, depending on who they are, will list productions of certain lines on their websites. Some comes from being heavily involved in and having close ties with the industry. The cigars that easily fall under that category are the limited Tatuaje productions of which the knowledge on the quantity of a release can usually be found with a simple internet search.