• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

Anejo is released to shops that don't have Opus accounts. T

I've never heard this before. My B&M carries both but they do have two separate locations. Is this how they're able to get them both or do you think they might be purchasing one or the other from second hand sources?

I've seen shops that carry Opus and Anejo, or only Anejo. I have never seen a shop that has Opus and could not get Anejo.

I may be way off, but my understanding was that if you sold enough AF product, you jumped up a "tier" as a retailer. This gave the right to order and sell Anejo. If you sold enough product to jump to the next tier you could also order/sell Opus X. That's how my B&M explained it to me, thy also have 3 locations in the Cleveland area so maybe one has an Opus account and the other is Anejo?

I try not to worry about how they get them and appreciate the fact they are on the shelf sometimes.

It is a way for manufacturers to increase their number of retailers without offending legacy retailers.

Take - (54) Opus X Petit Lancero ($11.00 - Vitolas)
Put - (74) Anejo #49 (2009) ($10.50 - Vitolas)

So this is an under put by $.50 based on value. The Anejo is from 2009 so I was thinking this may make up the difference. If not I'll go back to the think tank

Thanks for the input everyone. Based off the responses, I'm going to pull this one all together. I can't seem to find anything that matches on rarity that is going to come within $.25. I think its been said before but the $10-$13 range is difficult to match up penny for penny on sticks that have some rarity.

Jake, I forgot to ask, but could you shed some light on the 1998 Felipe Gregorio Robusto. Its probably because of the age, but I haven't been able to find anything on this one. Does it come from a particular line?

The only info I found on Felipe Gregorio products with vague prices in 1998 was this article:
http://www.cigarafic...egorio-Inc_1776

There's some talk about the producers gouging the consumers and selling cigars worth $3.50 for $8. No mention of which cigars though.

One from 2000
http://www.smokeshopmag.com/0600/manuf.htm

Pricing $6-$15 but no specifics on cigars.

This has been a great pass to be involded in. Have to say, I am gonna (yes,gonna) miss it when it lands home.
Nice job by all so far by all. The pressure is on Joebunaga but, rumor has it, your as cool as a fall clam in catching passes.

Enjoy........

Looking forward to it, but Puros may not be done just quite yet...

The package arrive this morning. I just did a quick look through and everything looks good. When I get a moment later today, I'll double check everything and try to post some pictures.

[sub]Ok, Joe.............the nerves should be starting to tingle a little. Anticipation!!!!! :laugh: [/sub]

Bro, when the pass map was first placed I didn't know whether I was gonna be the first or the last. The thought of being first was terrifying... and I started researching like mad. Then it turned out I'm last, which meant that most of my research was bunk because I was never going to see the majority of those sticks anyway. But nothing was wasted, I found a ton of new sites, figured out pricing, made a lot of ignorant assumptions and learned quite a bit. Which made me follow it more and continue pricing and checking... and making some more ignorant assumptions.

Never be afraid to ask questions.
Operate with respect to the pass and all its members.
Open up your eyes and learn as much as you can.
Brothers of the Leaf.

I'm looking forward to offering up the final p\ts and handing this thing off to Jake.

Hell lets send it back around again!!! LOL

JK This was a great first pass with alot of great guys. I am glad I was part of it!

Thanks Paul

I just finished looking through everything. The only thing I noticed was Jeff's (2K6TBSS) final put was an LFD Cabinet Maduro Torpedo which should be in slot #74 on page 1 of the thread. Otherwise everything looks solid. What a nice selection of smokes. It sure is cool to finally see this thing in person. Joe, are you ready for this or what? :thumbs: I will try and get this out tomorrow after work if everything goes as planned, if not it'll go out Friday morning.​

NewbiePass.jpg

Take - (54) Opus X Petit Lancero ($11.00 - Vitolas)
Put - (74) Anejo #49 (2009) ($10.50 - Vitolas)

So this is an under put by $.50 based on value. The Anejo is from 2009 so I was thinking this may make up the difference. If not I'll go back to the think tank

Thanks for the input everyone. Based off the responses, I'm going to pull this one all together. I can't seem to find anything that matches on rarity that is going to come within $.25. I think its been said before but the $10-$13 range is difficult to match up penny for penny on sticks that have some rarity.

Jake, I forgot to ask, but could you shed some light on the 1998 Felipe Gregorio Robusto. Its probably because of the age, but I haven't been able to find anything on this one. Does it come from a particular line?

It's actually just called the Felipe Gregorio Robusto. It's right under $5 but there isn't a lot of pricing info available on it as I believe it's been discontinues. Eventhough it's aged...this cigar doesn't really appreciate.

We'll I was unable to get this out today. I just got, but I'm off tomorrow so it'll go out in the morning!
Also, I have one more P/T that I'd like to offer up.

Take-11) Felipe Gregorio robusto (1998)-$5ish
Put- 78) Padilla Miami robusto- $7.50 average from what I could find

We'll I was unable to get this out today. I just got, but I'm off tomorrow so it'll go out in the morning!

More than good. :thumbs:

Enjoy the smokes!

As of now, Jake is only getting 2 of the original sticks back...the 5 Vegas and the Stradivarius.