• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 Anniversary - Anything Better?

bfreebern said:
Ian is the man for sure!
[snapback]208828[/snapback]​

Couldn't agree more. :thumbs: He gets me everytime with those damn Padron specials...

You guys know what Kevin's next reply is going to be, right. Something along the lines of how he would hope that his fellow smokers would be open-minded enough to try other vendors and how great his service is, blah, blah, blah.

I say go Ian.

I tell you what though, the techs on that site seem to be pretty nice guys and put up a nice backend. I think e-sticks said he was one of them. But hey, I also dabble in the computers so I get a little geeked for those kind of things. I like a jsp approach but the php they did is more adequate.

Sorry for the tangent there. ;)

coventrycat86 said:
KevinWHoecker said:
I admitted I was wrong in calling the 1926 an Anniversary (at least I meant to) and then also brought up the fact that thousands of others were making the same mistake. That then sent you into a whirlwind of long posts. By the way, what is your view on the Padron 1926 anyway? If you are ever in Chicago let me know, we can smoke one together, on me. Should be interesting conversation!

Your posting status is very impressive. I obviously just started and am not used to the caustic nature of the forum. I am catching on quickly however and really like reading everyones views on cigars.

And, thanks for asking, business is never good enough. That is why I love to make deals.
[snapback]208351[/snapback]​

Now please forgive me for being a smart ass but I'm going to call into question your reading comprehension skills. You asked me:
By the way, what is your view on the Padron 1926 anyway?
Go back and read my FIRST post in the thread and tell me if you saw this:
I prefer the Padron 1926 line over the 64s but there are many a Padron whore out there who see it the other way around (like RicMac25  ).
Or did you NOT see that since you couldn't get past your rage towards me when I merely pointed out the fact that you called the cigar by the wrong name?

Now call that "caustic" or whatever you want but when ya post dumb things, chances are yer gonna get yer balz busted. ;) and 99% of the time it's not as "caustic" as you have concluded that it is. So you better grow a thicker layer of skin over that extremely thin one that ya got?

"Get it"?

Oh and on a side note when you grossly exaggerate like this:
That then sent you into a whirlwind of long posts.
It removes almost all credibility from any argument thay you may be trying to make. ;) unless of course a "whirlwind" in your book is two or three. :rolleyes:
[snapback]208365[/snapback]​

Anyone notice how he completly ignored ALL of my questions here and absolutely refuses to admit he was wrong or owes me an apology?

Once again, this is what is known in the on-line cigar bb "business" as pulling a "Scotty", when you're dead wrong and should apologize, just ignore, deflect, change the subject and above all NEVER apologize or admit you are wrong.

You may not have a "problem" there Kevin but until you address the questions and concerns in the post I quoted, I and many others will have a BIG "problem" with you.

Phrase of the day "DON'T be a SCOTTY"
mad.gif

Coventry. I was wrong in quite a few areas. Several of which you have brought to my attention. I certainly never would have posted some of the things I did had I thought you would have taken them so seriously. I am new to the board. Obviously we started off on the wrong foot and it was largely in my court. Accept my apology and offer me another chance as I have you. I would much rather talk about cigars than the gibberish we have been going back and forth on for the past couple days. It is really a waste of good time. I am smarter to the cigarpass ways now, it won't happen again.

Best,

Kevin

Just a few things KevinW. First You are talking to mostly a bunch of cigar guru's that have experiance from about one month to a good many years.We always take cigars seriously and we always take sales of cigars (especially at our own sight) very seriously.My botl's can spot a fake ISOM dealer or scam artist before there first post ever hits the boards (not that you are). If you want sales and want us to buy stop worrying so much about what we think of you. sell some cigars look at the competition and give us a better or equal price.Give us well packaged product that is delivered timely and not dry or damaged. And if there is a problem take care of the customer.Run some specials to start with and go from there.Most of all if you have questions ask. We can always help or find an answer.I know you sell cigars but its near impossible to know everything.Be real and be a member of the sight not a salesman.And for crying out loud post in the right places.Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Mephiston said:
Just a few things KevinW. First You are talking to mostly a bunch of cigar guru's that have experiance from about one month to a good many years.We always take cigars seriously and we always take sales of cigars (especially at our own sight) very seriously.My botl's can spot a fake ISOM dealer or scam artist before there first post ever hits the boards (not that you are). If you want sales and want us to buy stop worrying so much about what we think of you. sell some cigars look at the competition and give us a better or equal price.Give us well packaged product that is delivered timely and not dry or damaged. And if there is a problem take care of the customer.Run some specials to start with and go from there.Most of all if you have questions ask. We can always help or find an answer.I know you sell cigars but its near impossible to know everything.Be real and be a member of the sight not a salesman.And for crying out loud post in the right places.Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
[snapback]208989[/snapback]​

...and follow seamus' advice. Remember that EVERYONE on this board is a potential customer. You piss off one or more, that is one or more less customers you have. That can be infectious - you don't want to start doing that.

In other words - mind your manners!!!

Kevin, nice looking site, but I'm not sure about sticking a copyright sign on your cigar knowledge page since it implies that the information was written by you and requires permission from you to reproduce. Looks to me as if it was copied verbatim from the Cigar Smoker's FAQ from cigargroup.com. To be fair, you might want to post a link to the original document instead of masquerading is as yours. Of course, I could be wrong and you did write the original documents. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

original doc?
your page

Very good point Stray, as I can see how it can be misconstrued to look as though we are claiming copyright to everything on that page. The Copyright text is actually a link that we have on every page that brings you to the terms and conditions of our site. It wasn't meant to function as you are saying. Within the text of the terms and conditions, we say that "Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, and other written materials that are part of the Site are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by TheCigarHumidor.com." We should really get rid of the "text" portion of that. Interesting point. That also holds true for the brand descriptions the manufacturers wrote those.

Sorry to all others who read this post and are bored to death by it.

To me, the right thing to do is give proper credit to the original author. Did you lift other pages of your "Cigar Knowledge" from other sites too?

Even if you can convince yourself it isn't "plagiarism" or copyright infringement, just for your own sake and reputation, I would strongly recommend that you properly annotate all of the material on your site that you found somewhere else ;)

KevinWHoecker said:
Very good point Stray, as I can see how it can be misconstrued to look as though we are claiming copyright to everything on that page. The Copyright text is actually a link that we have on every page that brings you to the terms and conditions of our site. It wasn't meant to function as you are saying. Within the text of the terms and conditions, we say that "Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, and other written materials that are part of the Site are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by TheCigarHumidor.com." We should really get rid of the "text" portion of that. Interesting point. That also holds true for the brand descriptions the manufacturers wrote those.

[snapback]209962[/snapback]​

Actually, what you're doing is using their copyrighted text without permission; please see here:

http://www.cigargroup.com/faq/

Revision 3.05 - 6/08/05
compiled by Bob Curtis, Internet Cigar Group
(all rights reserved)

...and then scroll down to the bottom of the page:

Copyright 1995, 1996 by Bob Curtis (bc@cigargroup.com), and
the Internet Cigar Group.
All rights reserved.

I'm thinking you need to mail Bob, apologize for using the text without permission, and then seek permission to use said text. What you've done is a violation of copyright law.

KevinWHoecker said:

Instead of changing your copyright statement you need to do what coventrycat86 and moki suggested or write your own "Cigar Knowledge". Otherwise its copyright infringement and plagiarism. As my professors in college used to say, "Plagiarism gets you an "F" and expulsion from the school.", but in this case, the copyright infringement might get you in more trouble.

No witty explanation about why you ripped off someone else's content and passed it off as your own on your commercial web site? Yes, we see you silently removed it... did you do it because it was the right thing to do, or because of the lawyers? hmm... tough decision on that one...

moki said:
KevinWHoecker said:

Actually, what you're doing is using their copyrighted text without permission; please see here:

http://www.cigargroup.com/faq/

Revision 3.05 - 6/08/05
compiled by Bob Curtis, Internet Cigar Group
(all rights reserved)

...and then scroll down to the bottom of the page:

Copyright 1995, 1996 by Bob Curtis (bc@cigargroup.com), and
the Internet Cigar Group.
All rights reserved.

I'm thinking you need to mail Bob, apologize for using the text without permission, and then seek permission to use said text. What you've done is a violation of copyright law.
[snapback]210116[/snapback]​

Isn't this about strike 3 for him? Hey, CC, don't you have an appropriate sig for this situation? I think I've seen it elsewhere...about time for it, huh? Something about baseball? Like when a player kicks dirt on an ump?

Uhhhhhh, the word "Anniversary" is NOT used with respect to a Padron 1926 at all. The Padron Anniversary 1964 Naturals which are sometimes called "PAN" and the Padron Anniversary 1964 Maduros, which are sometimes called "PAM" use "anniversary" in their name. The Padron 1926 does not.
wink.gif

I prefer the Padron 1926 line over the 64s but there are many a Padron whore out there who see it the other way around (like RicMac25
laugh.gif
).

Count me as one of the cigar whore's. I've tried two of each in as many days and for my money the 64 is a better buy and smoke....just sayin'

DONT'S:

"Don't "bump" old threads. If a thread is more than a year old, then there's probably no need to post to it. There are exceptions, please use your best judgment.""

This thread is 6 years old....not sure what the need to bump it was....