• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pop-up window (StogieTime.com)

whopper

big freak
http://www.stogietime.com/home.php?userbars=1

I keep getting a pop-up window to the above site sometimes when I click on a link but also sometime when I click on a non-linked area as well. This is only happening on CP. I ran my anti-virus today as well as my spy-ware program and nothing was detected.

Anyone else experiencing this as well?

Please provide more information; what page are you on when this happens?

Let me know which thread it's happening on if possible.

I think I figured out the problem. Someone had a "user bar" in their signature, and it was linking to the stogie site... I removed the user bars, let me know if this continues to happen.

I think I figured out the problem. Someone had a "user bar" in their signature, and it was linking to the stogie site... I removed the user bars, let me know if this continues to happen.

Rod,

I thought it was only in threads in the B/S/T but it is not.

I noticed that "donzz" posted in all the threads it happened in.

I searched his posts and tested a post he made in the Sports forum and I got the pop-up again.

I just checked his(donzz) topic "Is CP infected?" and I got the pop-up again.

I checked a few other threads in the B/S/T in which "donzz" had not posted and everything was fine.

Maybe it just coincidence but it is strange.

Bill

Rod,

I thought it was only in threads in the B/S/T but it is not.

I noticed that "donzz" posted in all the threads it happened in.

I searched his posts and tested a post he made in the Sports forum and I got the pop-up again.

I just checked his(donzz) topic "Is CP infected?" and I got the pop-up again.

I checked a few other threads in the B/S/T in which "donzz" had not posted and everything was fine.

Maybe it just coincidence but it is strange.

Bill

I went back to a thread in October 2010 and the same thing happened.

In "donzz" signature he has a user bar. I right clicked on it and it is from StogieTime.com. It appears that maybe his signature user bar is causing the pop-up window possibly?

Oops, I see now you figured it out. :blush:

"donzz" userbar is still in his signature and the pop-up is still occuring.

Seems anyone who has a signature user bar that links to stogietimes causes this to happen. I am removing users bars which are hosted on stogietime from all signatures...