• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

posting pics

It's funny how this,
trolling_pic.png

Turned into this.
gallery_9594_387_6790.png

Well heck, that is a piss poor attitude to have buddy. I've shit in my mess kit a few times here, damn near eaten alive, but survived cause these folks a smart, decent BOTL's and make sure this ship of sate stays afloat, unlike the Costa Concordia. We have rules, but your 8 year ole kid could follow them, and we got love here too.

Too bad you don't stay to find the love, but, once an azz, always an azz,, unless he' a horse of course, named Mr. Ed

This thread was a forum update or two ago. Looks like we need clarification from Rod as to the current admin control settings for banned members.

The gooch may be able to login and view anything that's available to guests. He does not have access to anything a guest doesn't have access to.

Who wants to test? :)

This thread was a forum update or two ago. Looks like we need clarification from Rod as to the current admin control settings for banned members.

The gooch may be able to login and view anything that's available to guests. He does not have access to anything a guest doesn't have access to.

Who wants to test? :)

I'm your Huckleberry. Ban me Ron, and I will report back with the finer details of banishment if when you decide to revoke my ban.

Done. Good riddance.

Reason for ban: Exposing his gooch in public.

THis was at 3:18-ish pm-est.

-------------------------------

179 users are online (in the past 30 minutes)

44 members, 130 guests, 5 anonymous users (See full list)

grateful1, Google, thechenman, MoeCizlak, MilesMingusMonk, Gavin, Joebunaga, DePasta, stevehawk, GMAN21, Petthefish, Puros Locos, bchem, Tall Paul, JTuttle, Rod, Gotee7, lherzolite, MX, stogieman, the_jiggler, _Deon_, pak1351, jaxstraww, CBoukal, LilBastage, chiefmd, Santos, mmburtch, Nashkicker, maduro89, miamipadronsmoker, 22jdub, gmiranda33, punk_lawyer, drunkfish3, insight, Shibumi, Ttison, gooch, 4cbln3, 2K6TBSS, robbiex0r, broblues, vortex

What's interesting is when you click on 'See full list'....it shows where folks are looking 'now'. Seems the 'guests' can view a lot!

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?app=members&module=online&sort_order=desc

Once Kirk puts his gooch away and is unbanned, he can tell us what he saw.

Well Huck...what's the word?

Since you asked.... :whistling:

As a banned member, any attempts to view the forum redirects you to a default page stating:

An Error Occured
[#1000B] You are not allowed to visit this community.

I could NOT log out.
I could not view the forum or status updates.
I could not view my profile features or settings.
I could not read notifications / private messages.
I could not access the "Members" features or access any profile information.
I could not access the "Gallery" feature.
I could not access the "Calender" feature.
I could not view "New Content"
The search feature did not work.
The Help feature did not work.

....but I could change the board theme! :laugh:

As I stated, I was unable to log out. If I deleted by cache history in my browser ( IE, Google Chrome and Firefox tested ) I could revert back to seeing the forum as a guest / general public.

When I was banned, the Home page was accessible, and all the menu options in the left column worked except "Cigar Forums" and "Cigar Reviews Top Cigars". I was able to contact Rod via the About Us : "Contact Us" form. :thumbs:

The general default page I mentioned also has a "Contact the community administrator" link, which opened my Windows Messenger system. I was unable to successfully contact Rod through this link - most likely due to a configuration issue with my WM settings, not a board issue.

In order to do some further research ( after reverting back to guest status), I signed up as TheGhostofMilesMingusMonk to see what I could access. A new member gets to sign in with a simple email validation, but the administrator needs to approve this pre-validation before a new member has unrestricted access. As a pre-vaIidation new member, I could view the complete forum except General Discussions : Secret Santa 2011, Marketplace : Cigar Retailers Forum-Hot Cigar Deals, Marketplace : Buy Sell Trade Group Purchases and (oddly enough) CigarPass.com CP : CigarPass.com Website Information ( This should be corrected - this forum is viewable by guests already, why not pre-validation members? )

As a new member under pre-validation status:
The Home Page was fully accessible.
The "Gallery" feature worked.
The "Calender" feature worked.
The Help feature worked.
I was able to modify some personal profile settings. ( More details available if needed Rod.)

The forum was public ( with exceptions noted), but I could not post.
"View New Content" did not work!
The "Members" feature did not work!
The "Search" feature did not work!
While I was able to view the "Status Updates" I could not modify my status update.
I could not send Private Messages.

For some final research, I also tested all the options as a guest / general public access. The things I noted that I felt were most important:

The "Online Users" feature was public.
All forums are public except General Discussions : Secret Santa 2011, Marketplace : Cigar Retailers Forum-Hot Cigar Deals, Marketplace : Buy Sell Trade Group Purchases. ( As I noted above , the CigarPass.com CP : CigarPass.com Website Information forum is public.)
The "Members" feature is not public, but the Calender feature is public to guests - which I think should be restricted?

In conclusion, the banned member status is the most restrictive. The fact that it was necessary to clear my browser cache most likely explains why "Gooch" keeps appearing in the Online Users list. The gooch most likely has not cleared his cache, which means he really can't see a damn thing except the Home page information.

Thank you Rod for banning me - you made my third CigarPass leap day unique. :love:

:laugh: This thread just got taken to a whole new level... Great read ! Nicely done on your homework sir...

Kirk - Thanks for doing the research. I will look into some of those settings and adjust accordingly.

Thanks again!

The town elders spoke of He who would come back from the land of darkness and regale us of what lies on the other side. This has all happened in accordance of the prophecy. I so excite!

Rod, do your monitor IP addresses? What is to stop him from just signing up as a new guy under a different name and cruising through the community?

Now, if you monitor the gooch hysterisis, that's another story.