• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question of which Harley Davidson?

Go with the cop bike.

Cop chit is gooda.

Had an FXRS-SP ...was fantastic.
Currently have an '01 Ultra.

Doesn't sound like an Ultra would be for your needs.
A straight 'classic' will probably fit the bill.
Also note - the fixed faring on the Glide may be odd to deal with or take some time to get used to.

Also also - look at getting it in Texas or Fla...you'll save $$$.

Thanks guys for all the help. Going to go this week and see how low I can get them to go on the VRod.

Thanks guys for all the help. Going to go this week and see how low I can get them to go on the VRod.
1889.jpg

Nice picture there. I don't do thongs though! LOL
Should pick mine up today or tomorrow. I'll get some pictures up when I do.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Its funny how when I teach self defense stuff you find that everyone has a good and a bad side.
I found out yesterday and today that turning right is hard for me. I was doing work in a parking lot making slow (5mph or less) turns as tight as I could, its much harder for me to do that turning right than it is left.

It has something to do with throttle manipulation. It's easier to twist the throttle if you are moving it away from you than if the bars are closer to your body. Therefore, it feels more uncomfortable and less stable/smooth trying to turn right at low speeds where you are not pushing as hard on the right hand and your "control" side is psychologically more vulnerable. Are you right handed?

I'm biased as a former Instructor, but I'd definitely recommend taking the ERC through MSF. You get to ride your own motorcycle and find out how it is going to react to everyday situations. Or, if you really want to have some fun throwing tiny bikes around, take the BRC and start from, "THIS is a motorcycle...". :D

It has something to do with throttle manipulation. It's easier to twist the throttle if you are moving it away from you than if the bars are closer to your body. Therefore, it feels more uncomfortable and less stable/smooth trying to turn right at low speeds where you are not pushing as hard on the right hand and your "control" side is psychologically more vulnerable. Are you right handed?

I'm biased as a former Instructor, but I'd definitely recommend taking the ERC through MSF. You get to ride your own motorcycle and find out how it is going to react to everyday situations. Or, if you really want to have some fun throwing tiny bikes around, take the BRC and start from, "THIS is a motorcycle...". :D

Yes I'm right handed. It's still winter here as evidenced by the snow we just had!
I would like to take a course this spring if i can find one locally that isn't just to get your license.