• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Raising your own tobacco.

I'm glad you guys are excited about growing your own. If you use the 5 gallon buckets use at least 50 percent top soil or more, other wise they will fall over. These plants can reach heights of 6-7 feet.

Brian,

I just started my seeds today and I can't wait to see them that big in the "Man Cave" this spring. I think that having the plants growing in my lounge is just going to be the best.

Sam

:thumbs: THEY'RE GROWING!! :thumbs:

P3103783.jpg

WOOO HOOO

144 peat pots just like these... sprouts in every single one!

I tried to limit each pot to 3 0r 4 seeds, I guess some extras slipped in! Damn tiny seeds.

How many days to sprouting? I planted two days ago and I am anxiously awaiting to see if they take.

Wow, this is so cool. I wish I had the time and the room to grow my old tobacco. I look forward to all the updates in this thread.

I was nervous to plant too soon. We got snow again today. Do you think it's too soon up here in MN?

I looked up when the last frost in Missouri is supposed to be and that is April 30. You can check your state here.

Lookin' good guys! It takes between 7-21 days for the seeds to germinate, depending on variety, temp, and light. Usually it takes 6-8 weeks before they're ready to transplant. During this time keep the little plants indoors or in a greenhouse. This time frame is based on the transplanting using a mechanical tobacco setter. Since we're transplanting by hand, size is not to critical. They should be at least 6 inches tall, however if you're faced with the cold weather hanging on a few extra weeks you can wait and plant these when they are quite a bit larger. Just make sure you give them plenty of nutrients.

Wow this is really nice, wish I had somewhere to grow my own plants. Best of luck

For some reason I just now saw this and I have to say that it is a very interesting and informative read, keep up the good work gents! :thumbs:

Any one have new pics, or a progress report? I'll probably start mine later this week or the first part of next week.

Mine are also sprouting. I think all of them have sprouted actually cause there is tons of them! No pics right now because I can't find my camera (go figure), but hopefully I will have some soon. Thanks again for doing this Brian!

They're growing like weeds!

How long should I wait to cull the heard? As you can see, I got a bit carried away with the seeds :laugh:

P3163791.jpg