• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones Benelux (UK)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
One of the wife’s friends came over today and brought her three year old son to play with Jessica. While they were all having their fun, I decided to come out and have a smoke. It’s a beautiful Sunday afternoon with clear, blue skies. There’s a brisk wind blowing, however the back porch is nice and warm with the sun soaking into the dark green sweater I’m wearing. The cigar I picked out is a Ramon Allones Benelux, which has a Colorado shade wrapper that is smooth with a couple of prominent veins and only a slightly noticeable oiliness. There’s a good weight in the hand, quite spongy when squeezed, and good bunching in the foot. I punch the large, flat cap and find the draw with an almost perfect resistance revealing a sweet tobacco taste.

With the foot torched and toasted, first draw is rather mild with not much spice to speak of and a sweet toasted nut flavor coming through. A few more draws in and flavor really starts to pick up with the same sweet toasted nut, but now with delicious vanilla bean, cocoa, and wood notes. The smoke itself is a mild to medium body with a good white pepper spice now coming through, the finish excellent and lasting on the palate.

The burn is sharp with a strong, dark gray ash forming. I find the draw to have a tad bit more resistance than I like, however is working quite well for this cigar. The smoke is smooth and somewhat creamy on the tongue with delicious flavors of toasted cashew, vanilla bean, and rich cocoa. I’m finding the body to be a good medium at the halfway mark with a very nice spice on the back of the throat, and the finish long and lasting.

I found this to be a very good cigar with a deliciously smooth and creamy mild to medium bodied smoke. A perfect white pepper spice came through with rich flavors of toasted nuts, vanilla, cocoa, and an incredibly long and lasting finish. The burn was sharp throughout with a strong, dark gray ash forming and the draw almost perfect. I have to say with another couple, few years downtime, these will be excellent.

02-22-09RABenelux001.jpg

02-22-09RABenelux002.jpg

02-22-09RABenelux003.jpg

02-22-09RABenelux004.jpg

02-22-09Imported068.jpg

Excellent reviews and gorgeous photos. Just wondering if this is from the '07 release or from '08(believe they have come out with a re-release for 2008)

Excellent review, LIKE ALWAYS! I have been sitting on some for a few months now. I have to compare notes.