• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scotch recommendation for the sherry fans

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
If you haven't seen it I would recommend seeking out a bottle of Highland Park Dark Origins. Should be about $80.

AVB is here!

Thanks for the tip. I'll look for it.

Ray, a few folks compare it to the HP 12yo....but not as good. What are you're thoughts on that?

whtomintoul16.jpg

Ray, a few folks compare it to the HP 12yo....but not as good. What are you're thoughts on that?

I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't like it. Your tastebuds may vary.

If you haven't seen it I would recommend seeking out a bottle of Highland Park Dark Origins. Should be about $80.

Picked up a bottle last night for $73. Looking forward to cracking it open soon. I also looked for the Tomintoul but no luck finding it.

Humm, If you are looking for the trademark fruitiness of Highland Park it isn't there...well it is just way in the background. It is more tannic and the extra sherry casking gives a more nutty flavor. Pretty different for Highland Park but I'm liking it. Would I take it over the 12? Most days, especially if you are buying.

Humm, If you are looking for the trademark fruitiness of Highland Park it isn't there...well it is just way in the background. It is more tannic and the extra sherry casking gives a more nutty flavor. Pretty different for Highland Park but I'm liking it. Would I take it over the 12? Most days, especially if you are buying.

Thanks Ray. Everything you mentioned I like, but it still sounds like something I should sample before buying the bottle.

I recently received a bottle through the Liquor PIF from a generous brother here on the forum who everyone knows as Kris. I highly recommend trying it out.