• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The CP Chili Challenge - Part II

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
CP Chili Challenge Part II - The Habanero
gallery_2_1_16699.jpg

This contest is for whoever wants a 5-pack of premium cigars (ISOM's included!) from Rod's humidor.

As you saw before, it's really not that bad. Check out CP Chili Challenge Part I. http://www.cigarpass...ro&fromsearch=1

First person to accept the challenge and complete the below rules wins a nice cigar sampler.
  • First person to respond to this post accepting the challenge is entered (except Jimmy). Only accepting one entry for now.
  • You've never eaten a Habanero Pepper before (or anything hotter than a Habanero).
  • You can be a new or long time member, just in good standing.
  • You must purchase 1 HABANERO pepper, thoroughly chew and eat the entire pepper (not just swallow it whole) within 30 seconds.
  • The entire episode must be video'd and posted on youtube for all of CP members to see. This should include the build-up to eating the pepper, eating the pepper, and 5 minutes of video following eating the pepper. Once the 5 min mark has been reached, you may drink/eat whatever you like.
Who's up for the challenge? I did my research, and this shouldn't harm you, however it might be a little uncomfortable for about 45 minutes, and perhaps the following day.

Good luck!

Rod

Awfully tempting. I'm game unless some else really has their heart set on this. I'll try to locate of one these today. Hell, if I can find a ghost chili I may be willing to give that a shot. If that is ok with you Rod? Go big or go home, cause if you ain't first you're last.

I had some Ghost Pepper plants last year but no peppers :( However, I have 14 plants growing this year and I think I should get something so if I do.......

Awfully tempting. I'm game unless some else really has their heart set on this. I'll try to locate of one these today. Hell, if I can find a ghost chili I may be willing to give that a shot. If that is ok with you Rod? Go big or go home, cause if you ain't first you're last.

Are you accepting the challenge?

Yes, you can use a Ghost Chili if you prefer. They are called Bhut Jolokia Peppers. If you eat a ghost, I'll toss in some extra cigars for you.

I will bow down to AVB if he wants to do this. If not I'll man up..being mexican and all. :cool:

p.s. heavy salt, medium lick on the cigars if I get picked

that is crazy, i have several jars of habaneros i pickled last year. Too hot for me I've been trying to find someone to give them too lol. Them ghost peppers are used to scare off Elephants WTF?

AVB: He eats ghost peppers while scaring off elephants-he is...the most interesting man in the world.

Yes, you can use a Ghost Chili if you prefer. They are called Bhut Jolokia Peppers. If you eat a ghost, I'll toss in some extra cigars for you.

I nervously accept. For some strange reason the idea of sh#&ing fire for the next three days sounds like loads of fun. I'm gonna look for the ghost chili. I'm in a small town till monday, so I don't know how successful my search will be, but I'm confident I'll atleast be able to find a habanero.

I would take you up on the offer Rod but it wouldn't be fair with my cast iron gut. I have a friend who is from Trinidad and his father sends him jars of killer hot peppers every year, each batch deadlier than the previous experiments. We get together over a few beers and snack on the peppers, much to the amusement of others, as we try to out do each other. Nervous laughter precedes the itchy scalp, uncontrollable tears and involuntary hiccups. Yes, I am macho.

I'm starting to think Rod is a fan of a little S&M with these chili challenges. It's like the old proverbial train wreck, you can't take your eyes off it. Good luck Puros. Pray for a splash when you take the throne after this.

I nervously accept. For some strange reason the idea of sh#&ing fire for the next three days sounds like loads of fun. I'm gonna look for the ghost chili. I'm in a small town till monday, so I don't know how successful my search will be, but I'm confident I'll atleast be able to find a habanero.

It's all you!

Part III was going to be reserved for the ghost chili, however I can come up with another plan for Part III.

To be clear, you are volunteering to eat a Ghost Pepper aka Bhut Jolokia per the terms stated above. Rod to up the ante and toss in a couple more personally-licked salty cigars for PL. Good luck.

Brett - Please send me your email address as I will need to send you the waiver of liability. Thanks.

rod@cigarpass.com

If you do a ghost chili, and do it right I will throw in a fiver too! :thumbs:

I smell the infamous "Triple Dog Dare" brewing!

Well the Triple Dog Dare hasn't officially been declared yet, but if someone dare take it to that level, I may have to wait until I get home if I can't conjure up a Ghost Chili in this one horse town. That whole curiosity and pride thing is really going to bite me on this.

This contest is for consumption of a ghost chili. We can wait for you to get home, purchase the pepper, and then complete the contest. Challenge III is yet to be determined/scheduled.

Brett - If you still accept, send over your email address.

Thanks!
Rod