• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Inclimate Weather Contest

MNBrian

Hi Everyone,

I'd say its high time for a contest, doncha' kno?

So as many of you are aware, I tend to smoke outdoors through the terrible Minnesota winter. I've been battle tested in cold, horrible weather and still stayed committed to enjoying a stick despite whatever stands in my way. Here are a few snapshots of some of these moments in the last two years:

57C0CA22-2ACC-4A96-AA6A-A7B27D487743.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

So here's the contest -

To Enter: Tell me about (or better yet, post pictures of) the ways you battle the elements in order to enjoy a good stick. It doesn't have to be weather related. Maybe you made it to your favorite private beach for a smoke but forgot the torch, and instead had to rub two sticks together to make fire. Or maybe your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, or JOSH ;) wasn't so keen on you having a stick and you found a way to make it happen AND diffuse a situation.

You may enter as many times as you like for everyone's amusement (as I'm sure many of us have more than one of these stories) but I'll only take one entry per person. Contest opens now and closes next week on Thursday Feb 2nd at Noon Central Time (so I have enough time to get an address and ship by Saturday). I'll take the entries (again one per person) and throw them into a randomizer.

The winner will get a 5er of my favorite current production CCs.

Let's go!

I smoke most of my cigars on a walkdown at work. A few times I got to the top of the boiler to find my cutter missing. Screw that, I'm not going back down. My teeth work just fine. Once I found out I left my lighter downstairs. Tried holding the foot against the furnace wall for several minutes. Didn't work. Not a happy day.

I smoke outside all year long. I have a La Z Boy outdoor recliner with a chimenea. When it is really cold out I have flannel lined jeans, base layer, cotton layer, hoodie, Dickie's insulated work jacket, wool skull cap, Under Armour running gloves, wool socks and boots. But if I have to wear all that it isn't worth the cigar as it is usually too cold to enjoy.

This year has been extremely warm in NJ, so I have only worn the all out outfit once or twice. YMMV

No photos of myself in such conditions. I mostly smoke indoors except on certain days that are so nice, I'm drawn outside under my Pecan Tree.
Sometimes I sit in the garage, if my son is in the spare room.
Ah! Such is the life a two bachelors!

Previous home, would light up on the back deck in a hoodie and sweats, gloves, hat and a propane heater. Now, I don't really light up on the front porch or back yard during winter as the winds kick up gnarly and are not conducive to smoking. I stick to mostly smoking on my am or pm commute on days when it's 40 degrees or warmer as a forecast high temp.

The element that I must battle each time I want a cigar is my almost 2 year old daughter.

Of course I will never smoke around her, so I'm limited to bed times and baby sitters. Bed time can be a battle alone and don't get me started on keeping her asleep (sometimes). Since she's always been a difficult sleeper, I often question whether to have a cigar, because I fear that she is going to wake up. Most nights she is fine and I could have gotten away with an hour or two, but there have been the times where I finally make a drink, sit down outside, relax, and light the cigar. It's when I just start to get into it when I'll hear a distant wailing and see my daughter through the glass door looking for me. Or I get the crying face smashed against the glass screaming for me to get her. So I have to hope the stick stays lit while I put her back to sleep. Then I worry about the smell getting all over her and etc etc. So it's always a battle and a struggle to smoke these days, but as she gets older I'm sure it'll get better...

I smoke outside all year long. I have a La Z Boy outdoor recliner with a chimenea. When it is really cold out I have flannel lined jeans, base layer, cotton layer, hoodie, Dickie's insulated work jacket, wool skull cap, Under Armour running gloves, wool socks and boots. But if I have to wear all that it isn't worth the cigar as it is usually too cold to enjoy.

This year has been extremely warm in NJ, so I have only worn the all out outfit once or twice. YMMV
We have been fortunate at our long and lat this January. Farmer's Almanac says this Feb we will be less so. :( I guess we'll see.

I have a pretty nice selection of small cigars and I just sit in my truck with the heater on and open the windows as much as is comfortable. Not ideal but better than nothing.

The element that I must battle each time I want a cigar is my almost 2 year old daughter.

Of course I will never smoke around her, so I'm limited to bed times and baby sitters. Bed time can be a battle alone and don't get me started on keeping her asleep (sometimes). Since she's always been a difficult sleeper, I often question whether to have a cigar, because I fear that she is going to wake up. Most nights she is fine and I could have gotten away with an hour or two, but there have been the times where I finally make a drink, sit down outside, relax, and light the cigar. It's when I just start to get into it when I'll hear a distant wailing and see my daughter through the glass door looking for me. Or I get the crying face smashed against the glass screaming for me to get her. So I have to hope the stick stays lit while I put her back to sleep. Then I worry about the smell getting all over her and etc etc. So it's always a battle and a struggle to smoke these days, but as she gets older I'm sure it'll get better...
Just keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

Smoking in the house is a non-starter so I've created two outdoor areas that more than meet my needs. The covered patio gets set up just before Easter and pack away (like shown) just after Thanksgiving. The hot tub gets drained for the summer but from September to the end of May you'll find it anywhere from 100 to 105 depending on the air temps and unless its coming down sideway an umbrella works fine in the rain. View media item 12122 View media item 12121
Edit to say; thanks for the contest!

Smoking in the house is a non-starter so I've created two outdoor areas that more than meet my needs. The covered patio gets set up just before Easter and pack away (like shown) just after Thanksgiving. The hot tub gets drained for the summer but from September to the end of May you'll find it anywhere from 100 to 105 depending on the air temps and unless its coming down sideway an umbrella works fine in the rain. View media item 12122 View media item 12121
Edit to say; thanks for the contest!
So the hot tub is where you and Gary smoke together??? Lol

I just plain don't battle the elements.

However woodland creatures are another story, 30 seconds before the picture was taken we were having our after shore lunch cigar sitting in those chairs and then Baloo showed up, then of course there was the hawk in the grill of the car on the way to meet you for a cigar.

upload_2017-1-26_15-57-14.pngupload_2017-1-26_16-38-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-26_15-56-10.png
    upload_2017-1-26_15-56-10.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I've posted pics of smoking a stick in triple digit heat and humidity, but that's pretty normal from April to December.

When it's cold out I've been seeking shelter in the garage. I'll work on projects or have a laptop with me. I usually open the overhead door for air circulation. I've been known to fire up a small electric heater at me feet on the really really cold days, when I'm just too desperate to pass up smoking.