• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vintage copper lined side table humidor question.

maduro89

Straight Razors and Whisky
So I was offered this humidor from an antique dealer i know in my area. I was wondering if something like this is still functional? I might pick it up for $25, what do yall think?
sideTable001.jpg

sideTable006.jpg

Haha I saw this on Craigs list. Don't buy this. Most antique humidors are stripped of the copper or tin and lined with spanish cedar to better age the cigars.

lol, Yea he hit me up and was like I got the humidor! I'm not too sure on it though.. looks cool.

The only thing I would suggest is to give yourself a reality check on your woodworking skills. If you think it is something you can repair or refinish, go for it. (Or if you know someone who can)
You will need some spanish cedar etc., to hold some humidity.
Also, check it for air tightness. If not, be sure it is something that you can fix to insure it is.

Either way, Good Luck!

Looks like something for storing tins / jars of pipe tobacco or dry cured stuff rather than holding humidity for cigars. I can't imagine that thing sealing very well.

If it's your style, though, go for it. Interesting find, imo. :)

Dude, for that price and if it is made well get it. You could always keep it vintage and put cutters, matches and such in it. Think of the conversations around that?

I'd grab that. With a little time it could early be made functional.

Grab it...putting cigars in there is no different than storing them in a plastic cooler. The aged copper gives it a nice touch.

Seal the door and throw a few boxes in there...looks cool. How old is it?

Dude! That's a vintage Mersman Brother's table humidor that's worth at least $5,000.00 in the shape it's in......... Grab it quick!!!!!! :0

Nah! I'm just bullshitting you.

Dude! That's a vintage Mersman Brother's table humidor that's worth at least $5,000.00 in the shape it's in......... Grab it quick!!!!!! :0

Nah! I'm just bullshitting you.
lol Damn I almost shat bricks.