• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

Just brewed last night a blue moon clone for a friends party. Will go with a oatmeal stout prob Sunday. I just got a freezer that I added a temp control onto and dnt quite knoow how double loading it will do to the temp.......thinkking of lettting the clone brew for a week than brew my oatmeal stout......anyone have any experience with "double" loading a temp controlled freezer?

Mine constantly has more than one beer in it. My trick is I have a neoprene belly fat burner that I wrap around the fermenter I'm most concerned about precisely controlling the temp on, and stick the temp probe between that and the fermenter.

Recently brewed my Alpha King clone (again). Drinking through that already. Also brewed a second attempt at a double chocolate coconut stout. Then most recently I brewed a rye pepper ale. I started with a simple kit from Northern and then added 1.5 oz of slightly cracked black/green peppercorn to the boil at 10 minutes. I then dry-hopped with another 1.5 oz of the peppercorns. After trying a few, I can say that I got the pepper right where I wanted it. However, it tastes more like a Furthermore Knot Stock, than the beer I am trying to emulate, Route des Epices.

So, next time I brew it, I'm going to crank the hops a bit and give it more body. We'll see. I'm going to keep hammering away at the coconut stout and pepper ale until they are perfected.

Just bottled my double IPA...looks like it is gonna be 8%... gravity was a bit higher than expected so its gonna be on the sweeter side.

Just bottled up my Pumking clone (pretty close), my Pliny clone from Homebrewer's Outpost (not even close) a big EPA, a Black IPA, and just started souring the Ardley brown ale from AHA Big Brew Day (going to put it on about 10 pounds of rhubarb).

Just started with a Mr. Beer blond ale. Luckily there is a brewers store near me so I'm going to see how much damage I can do in this new hobby.

with all the insanity that started last November, and the fact that I am now about to Move from Belgium to Colorado Springs, I will be packing up the brewery, this week.

<sadface>

with all the insanity that started last November, and the fact that I am now about to Move from Belgium to Colorado Springs, I will be packing up the brewery, this week.

<sadface>

Sorry we never got together to brew and smoke. Hopefully I'll be that way. I know I will be for GABF in 2013.

Can not brew for about a year.

New house does not have a 220 outlet that I can get to with ease, but....while I am deployed I will have 2 30amp Spa breakers installed, one for the spa, the other for the brewery.

Tim

Going to bring this thread back from the grave.

I just purchased my grains/hops for my 1st 5gal batch of home brew, a Pliny the Elder clone. Since I only have a very small 1gal kit, I'll be brewing this with a friend of mine on July 4th using his gear.

I will be putting together a set up to brew 5gal batches a little at a time as this dips into my cigar budget a bit ha. I did pick up a SS 7.1gal fermenter. It should be here some time in Sept :)

20140428114103-var2_2.jpg

You will love home brewing.  I just started a few months ago, and have done 4 brews already.

I wish you luck on the Pliny clone, I've heard that's a pretty tough brew to start with.  I'm thinking that will be my next brew, as I currently have a Blind Pig clone in my primary right now.  Would be nice to have a Blind Pig and Pliny on tap at the house...

Jason,

Before you buy anything, let's sit down and go through my crap and see what I can help you out with.
Also, I can walk you through the lessons learned as I moved through the hobby.
Also, also, we can have a smoke....and the Wives can talk wine while we talk beer.

T