• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

Finally jumped into this...my first batch is fermenting upstairs!

Gumballhead Clone AG

Congrats Mathew! How'd everything go?

Seemingly fine. The wort didn't taste so good, but I got 79.5% efficiency. It's going nuts with bubbling through fermentation. We'll see in a few weeks. I have a few more on deck to accompany it: Edmund Fitz clone and a Coffee Indian Brown Ale. We'll see how they do as I must do them back to back because the recipes share hops.

I'm doing 3 gallon stovetop batches, so I'm no big brewer :p

Gumballhead Clone AG

Seemingly fine. The wort didn't taste so good, but I got 79.5% efficiency. It's going nuts with bubbling through fermentation. We'll see in a few weeks. I have a few more on deck to accompany it: Edmund Fitz clone and a Coffee Indian Brown Ale. We'll see how they do as I must do them back to back because the recipes share hops.

79% is awesome, especially for your first one! You using a cooler mash tun?

I broke my pasta roller grain mill last night so I'm waiting on my new one to do the Berliner Weiss I'm planning on.

Gumballhead Clone AG

I broke my pasta roller grain mill last night so I'm waiting on my new one to do the Berliner Weiss I'm planning on.

Nope. Just a pot with a paint strainer to pull the grains out to mash in. While mashing, I heat up sparge water in another pot. I pour the wort into a container and sparge the grain for 10 minutes. I then take the paint strainer out and put the wort back in. Boil away.

Gumballhead Clone AG

Nope. Just a pot with a paint strainer to pull the grains out to mash in. While mashing, I heat up sparge water in another pot. I pour the wort into a container and sparge the grain for 10 minutes. I then take the paint strainer out and put the wort back in. Boil away.

Deathbrewer style :thumbs:

Have the co2 and all the lines hooked up in the kegerator! Cold crashing my Redemption clone and will be transferring it tomorrow and carbing it up!

....Not sure how many will catch the Deathbrewer ref, but it was not lost on me....

I went to transfer the APA to the secondary, when I realized that in my hast on brew day, I forgot to clean my tubing and racking cane.
While trying to separate the two, I broke the cane at the bend. I should still be able to use it, but getting the damn dired cold break out it is a PITA.

I am still holding out hope that I will get it transferred over today.

Tim

Just finished my DFH Coffee Indian Brown Ale Clone. Next up tonight is an Vanilla Ed Fitz Porter Clone.

I finally got around to brewing up another batch yesterday, long overdue. This time was a light cream ale that should be ready for heat of August...

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4838.jpg

Good job marty, I'm looking at picking up a 30qt turkey fryer for $25, going full boil. someday all grain or partial mash, but for now, I am making tasty extract brews. Just sent a Red Ale to the primary on sunday.

Ciders going non-stop now :D

Tim, sorry about that beer :( I woulda bottled it anyway, you're already invested.

Sparging a Rye IPA v2.0 right now. Hope I upped the hops enough so I don't end up with another pale ale.

Looking good Irish!!!

Wish I could say the same for me....

My infected beer

Tim

Ouch, sorry to see that Tim. Any idea as to where the infection came from?

Good job marty, I'm looking at picking up a 30qt turkey fryer for $25, going full boil. someday all grain or partial mash, but for now, I am making tasty extract brews. Just sent a Red Ale to the primary on sunday.

Ciders going non-stop now :D

Tim, sorry about that beer :( I woulda bottled it anyway, you're already invested.

I got my whole turkey fryer setup (pot and burner) on clearance for something like $25 right after Thanksgiving. Being able to do a full boil is a nice plus. I'm still a noob at this, so I'm sticking with the extracts for now - but I figure one day I'll try an all grain recipe. With two little kids though, I'm lucky I have enough time to squeeze a 3 hour batch in every few months. :laugh:

Not sure, but if I had to guess, it would be me, drunk, trying to take a sample to check the grav.
I had some issues with fermentation, it stalled at 020, and was not very strong to start with. I tried raising the yeast, and took some extra samples.

I thought about drawing off under the fuzz, but man that stuff smelled bad...really bad...rancid fish oil and band-aid bad....

Next up is a coffe/chocolate porter. But I have to purchas a new bucket first.

Tim

Just started a batch of Blind Pig Clone... its almost ready to go into the secondary.

Finally got the Berliner Weiss done last night that I've been wanting to do. All the wort is sitting in an extra cooler right now with a couple handfuls of 2row and is starting to smell pretty nasty. Once it gets to the sourness I want I'm gonna boil it off and ferment it warm with some WLP500, hopefully getting a bunch of fruity esters, then rack it onto some oak chips.

Bottled a dry Irish stout last night and put a hex nut brown ale kit in the fermenter. i tried something new on this brew. to aerate I sanitized a paint stirrer and put it on the end of a drill. If you've done this how has it worked for you guys?

Bottled an English Pale Ale on Friday, and made up a batch of EDME Red Ale. Drinking some of my American Lager right now which isn't half bad. My Irish Stout that I made with Mr. Beer is awesome!

Finally got the Berliner Weiss done last night that I've been wanting to do. All the wort is sitting in an extra cooler right now with a couple handfuls of 2row and is starting to smell pretty nasty. Once it gets to the sourness I want I'm gonna boil it off and ferment it warm with some WLP500, hopefully getting a bunch of fruity esters, then rack it onto some oak chips.

Went and checked on this this morning again and it's starting to get a nasty film on the top and starting to sour up. Hopefully by tonight or tomorrow it will be ready since I'm going on a 3 day backpacking trip starting Friday.