• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

Thought I'd bring this back to the top. I've bottled my Gumballhead clone, Vanilla Edmund Fitz clone, and Coffee DFH Indian Brown Ale clone. I've only had the end of the bucket samples, but this is what I thought: Gumballhead clone tastes way too weird and hoppy uncarbonated, the vanilla porter was amazing, and the Brown Ale was way too rich and I didn't get the coffee profile I was hoping from like in Coffee bender.

Just put Justin's Redemption clone in primary. Next up is my first parti-gyle style Barleywine for my bro for Xmas and a Peppercorn APA.

Hope all your brewing is going well!

Just put Justin's Redemption clone in primary.

We put away a keg of that yesterday, what a great summer beer. Ferment it a little on the warmer side if you can and want more of the fruitiness to come through from the yeast.

I'm going to rack my berliner weiss onto some oak in the next few days hopefully, and am going to try a gueze with some yeast harvested from comercial bottles. Also gonna do a parti-gyle with a wheatwine and to be determined second runnings in the near future hopefully.

Ok so I am very embarassed to say I just ordered a Mr. Beer kit. I love all beers (except Coors Light) but over the last few years have really taken to stouts and IPAs. I know this Mr. Beer thing is cheesy but I want to start out very small and easy and slowly move into some more complex styles.

I feel as if I am complex/conosiuer-esque in my beer enjoying but couldn't be more of a newb in regards to brewing.

Ok so I am very embarassed to say I just ordered a Mr. Beer kit. I love all beers (except Coors Light) but over the last few years have really taken to stouts and IPAs. I know this Mr. Beer thing is cheesy but I want to start out very small and easy and slowly move into some more complex styles.

I feel as if I am complex/conosiuer-esque in my beer enjoying but couldn't be more of a newb in regards to brewing.

I think a lot of people start off with Mr Beer and get turned off by the results, or lack thereof, and a lot of people make it work and it's a great starting point into beer making. Hope you end up being one of the latter. I posted a link in another thread that has a lot of good info for maximizing a Mr Beer that might be helpful.

I think a lot of people start off with Mr Beer and get turned off by the results, or lack thereof, and a lot of people make it work and it's a great starting point into beer making. Hope you end up being one of the latter. I posted a link in another thread that has a lot of good info for maximizing a Mr Beer that might be helpful.

Thanks I will try to search for it. I was reading through the recipes and it looks like you can make some great stuff. There is a brew depot right by my house (very intimidating) and they sell every single type of barley, hops ,malt, and kits I have every seen. So if I need to bulk up on supplies I can there.

We put away a keg of that yesterday, what a great summer beer. Ferment it a little on the warmer side if you can and want more of the fruitiness to come through from the yeast.

I pitched with T-58, which is the same as the WLP500 you said you pitched with so I'm somewhat relieved although you do love huge estery Belgians. I had read that T-58 was very estery after I had bought it, which is not what I'm going for. I want just a slight Belgian hint, so I've actually kept it downstairs! Oh well, hope for the best.

Brewed a Wheat beer yesterday and started a furious fermentation last night after only a few hours of pitching yeast.

Just picked up the ingredients today to do my first "from recipe" all grain brew. Been using the brewers best kits and brews from malt extract syrups for a while now. We'll see how it goes. The brewing supply shop owner gave me some pretty detailed instructions so i'm thinking it should go well. This is a strawberry blonde ale, so it's also my first experience with a fruit beer. If this works as planned than clone of DFH aprihop is next.

I pitched with T-58, which is the same as the WLP500 you said you pitched with so I'm somewhat relieved although you do love huge estery Belgians. I had read that T-58 was very estery after I had bought it, which is not what I'm going for. I want just a slight Belgian hint, so I've actually kept it downstairs! Oh well, hope for the best.

It should be just how you want I think. Fermenting it cooler will keep the flavor cleaner.

Well, after the last batch's infection, I have been a bit turned off of brewing.

I am ordering the grain for my Chocolate/coffee Porter in the next few days.
I have no way to really control my ferment temps, so I will wait until the end of Aug to brew again, but I want to have the stuff ready to go when the urge hits me again.

Tim

Just got in some roasted barley, 10 pounds of 2 row, and Black patent, I think I will head out and pick up a new bucket this week, and get something in the pot in the next week or so.

Tim

Does anyone have a recipe for Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout or a where I can get a clone?
Friend of mine wants to brew this.

Thanks

Just set my first batch fermenting. I am trying a basic lager to make sure I can actually do this.

Does anyone have a recipe for Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout or a where I can get a clone?

Thanks

Here's one I found Mike

"Beer Captured" has the following for Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout:

OG: 1.089
FG: 1.022
SRM: 100+
IBU: 47
ABV: 8.4%

14lb British 2-row
1lb US Wheat malt
15oz British chocolate malt
7oz British roasted barley
4oz flaked wheat
3oz British black patent malt
(90 minute mash @ 152F)

2.5oz EKG @ 90 minutes
0.5oz EKG @ 15 minutes
0.5oz Cascade @ 15 minutes
0.5oz Willamette @ 5 minutes
0.5oz Cascade @ 5 minutes

Thanks

Here's one I found Mike

"Beer Captured" has the following for Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout:

OG: 1.089
FG: 1.022
SRM: 100+
IBU: 47
ABV: 8.4%

14lb British 2-row
1lb US Wheat malt
15oz British chocolate malt
7oz British roasted barley
4oz flaked wheat
3oz British black patent malt
(90 minute mash @ 152F)

2.5oz EKG @ 90 minutes
0.5oz EKG @ 15 minutes
0.5oz Cascade @ 15 minutes
0.5oz Willamette @ 5 minutes
0.5oz Cascade @ 5 minutes

Thank you my friend! :thumbs: :D

That looks mighty tasty, might have to give it try one day.

Tim

I did my first no-chill batch with my new cubes and didn't use a blowoff for some reason. Blew up all over the inside of my fermentation freezer.

Have tasted Justin's RR Redemption clone and my peppercorn APA from the 2nd runnings and I can say they are both fantastic! Don't really taste any pepper in the APA though. Back to the drawing board on that one.