• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the wheels of the wagon come off and off, the wheels of the wagon come off :laugh: :0

ok, 2 drinks, shoot me :laugh: :0

Tonight, I may need to crack open a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock.

Did you end up having this, and if so are you talking about this little 8.5 ounce blue bottle? --- >
111.jpg

I have a couple of bottles in the cellar and we decided to have one last weekend. It was brewed in 1995 and here are a few of my notes:

Appearance - Heavy, Coats the glass like motor oil.
Nose - Oatmeal Cookies, Alcohol and Soy Sauce.
Palate - Thick port wine, black licorice, dark chocolate and soy.

This is one beer that even at just over 8 ounces, we had to split between three of us. It is over the top and honestly if someone poured it for you, you would never know it was a beer.

Last night .....

2000 Bernardus, Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir
2001 Bernardus, Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir
2003 Lucia, Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir
2004 The Terraces, Napa Valley Zinfandel

:cool:

Deschutes Hop Henge Imperial IPA - It was OK but I wont drink it again. Overly bitter, lacked balance, one dimensional.

Unibroue Don de Dieu - This is a Belgian strong pale ale and it was fantastic. Crisp, light, a little bit fruity and surprisingly easy to drink at 9% abv. Unibroue is one of my favorite breweries and this a perfect reminder of why I love them.

Tonight, I may need to crack open a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock.

Did you end up having this, and if so are you talking about this little 8.5 ounce blue bottle? --- >
111.jpg

I have a couple of bottles in the cellar and we decided to have one last weekend. It was brewed in 1995 and here are a few of my notes:

Appearance - Heavy, Coats the glass like motor oil.
Nose - Oatmeal Cookies, Alcohol and Soy Sauce.
Palate - Thick port wine, black licorice, dark chocolate and soy.

This is one beer that even at just over 8 ounces, we had to split between three of us. It is over the top and honestly if someone poured it for you, you would never know it was a beer.

No I didn't crack it open this weekend... maybe I'll wait to see if KU makes the Final Four -- then I will drink it!!

Per AVB's recommendation I will be sampling Elijah Craig 12 tonight.

Had my first Old Speckled Hen... Mighty fine beer it is!!! :thumbs:

Thanks again John for your generosity!!!

EDIT - Add a Kona Pipeline Porter... :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.