• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I sampled 2 of my homebrews that were kegged this past Sunday. The first is an American Pale Ale made with Warrior hops, quite nice, but needs a bit more conditioning. And then a London Porter, inspired by an 1800's recipe. It has some roastiness and a bit of chocolate flavor with a nice hop bitterness that comes through, pretty nice too!! :) A little more conditioning for these and they'll both be outstanding!! :cool:

Longtrail Double Bag. A man's beer.

Doc
That has some pretty good reviews, I am going to find one out here. LINKY Here is one comment from a review "It pours pure copper - like pennies from heaven." Nice!

Tonight I had an Anchor Old Foghorn Barley Wine. Big nose and flavor. Lots of fruit, malts, and a nice balance of bitterness. I likey..

Ddog, if you can't find any out there, let me know. We native Vermonters just love sharing our superior wares with the rest of you unfortunates. :cool:

Doc.

Rougue Dead Man's Ale. Thanks again John.

You mean Dead Guy?

BitterRat.....was that a single hop APA? Sounds damn good. I did one last year with Simcoe. Turns out, that's a pretty radical hop. :D
Sam, yes it was a single hop APA. I used Warrioir hops throughout, the beer is called "Warrior Delight". It is quite tasty, but could use just a wee bit more bitterness.

Here is a small cross section of what was devoured on St Patty's Day 2007.. It was a good day.

b_183446.jpg

Today - Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale..... mmmmm good!

and just a side note, I poured over 500 pints of GUINNESS this St. Patrick's Day. I bartend at the best Irish pub in Columbus, so if you're in the area... look me up!

Last night I enjoyed a few too many Bells Rye Stouts. I was fortunate to be able to pour a few drams of Redbreast for St. Patty's.

I was finally able to find some Maredsous 8 and 10. Had one of the 8s and it was all I remembered.

Ken

DFH Raison D'Extra

Damn good, especially since it's way out of my typical taste preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.