• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your glass 2016

So how was it? :)
I've done a review of this already. Nothing new to add.

Well damn, my bad I haven't done a review of this one. I'll post one up tomorrow.

I've done a review of this already. Nothing new to add.

Well damn, my bad I haven't done a review of this one. I'll post one up tomorrow.

I told my brother I was interested in trying single malts back in '06 or '07 and he bought me Laphroaig CS based on the rating in (I think it was) Michael Jackson's book. Prior to this I really only drank beer, other than the odd pour of Chivas that I didn't finish. All I can tell you was the Laphroaig was a rough experience coming from no whisky exposure. I didn't drink any more from that bottle for something like a year. I since grew to appreciate it, but I always go back to that first taste when I think of Laphroaig CS.

A bottle of XO found its way into my luggage on the way back from vacation. It's in the home bar next to the bottle of 23 Solera. Neither have been opened yet which is a serious faux pas on my part.

Once upon a time Shoppers Vineyard sold Zacapa XO for $49.99 and they shipped. Now the cheapest I can find it is $72. It is quite tasty though..,

Laphroaig 10 followed up by Dalwhinnie 29.

Cracked my first bottle of Laphoaig 10 last night. With my only other Islay experience being several bottles of Lagavulin 16 it was somewhat not smokey enough. I'll have a better idea once I finish the bottle. :)

Laphroaig is a different kind of Islay imo, not heavily smoky but with a strong presence of iodine. I get an underlying sweetness that I love about it.

Broke into the rums last night. Started off with a finger of the 23 Solera and finished with the XO.
oap6c1.jpg

vh7s3t.jpg

I dug both but the 23 more. In all fairness, I splashed some water in the 23 and had the XO neat. The 23 was just right while the XO was a tad rough but still enjoyable. You guys may sneer at my adding water, that's fine. We all have our own tastes and I regret nothing, heh. All in all I was pretty happy with them.

Broke into the rums last night. Started off with a finger of the 23 Solera and finished with the XO.
oap6c1.jpg

vh7s3t.jpg

I dug both but the 23 more. In all fairness, I splashed some water in the 23 and had the XO neat. The 23 was just right while the XO was a tad rough but still enjoyable. You guys may sneer at my adding water, that's fine. We all have our own tastes and I regret nothing, heh. All in all I was pretty happy with them.

I don't give a damn either, I cut mine with a couple of ice cubes.

23 does lose most of it's flavor if you cut it too thin. Overall, my experience with my bottle of it improved with less water added.

Almost bought the XO today, but the Zaya was $20+ cheaper.

Here's my glass of Zaya with melting ice cubes. :)

IMG_20160820_195036.jpg

WP Old World at my watering hole. Really dig this stuff. Have to see if I can find it and what price.

Friday night, a coke and HC3 with lime to accompany pizza. Followed by a pour of Four Roses Single Barrel with an ice cube. That four roses improves after being opened up a bit. In my opinion, the spice and burn level tone down a notch and it becomes very smooth.

oap6c1.jpg

vh7s3t.jpg

There's times when I find I prefer the 23 as well...