• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

Is Penznance back in stock? I really gotta try some of that. From what everyone says on here, it is fantastic.

Is Penznance back in stock? I really gotta try some of that. From what everyone says on here, it is fantastic.

It was when I bought it, I can't speak to current inventory levels.

And, yes, it is fantastic! :)

This morning I've had a bowl each of Hal O' the Wynd and Stonehaven. Nothing like the synergistic effects of Caffeine and Nic.

Doc.

This morning I've had a bowl each of Hal O' the Wynd and Stonehaven. Nothing like the synergistic effects of Caffeine and Nic.

Doc.
Those are two blends on my to try list. I also want to try something by C&D soon.

I've been mucking around on eBay(although I'd never won an auction and only bid on a couple) since I got reacquainted with my pipe. It finally happened - I won one. I'm a bit skeptical of paying too much for pipe tobacco but I won a tin of Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium Murray's for $13. That's what happens when you bid - sometimes you actually win! It should be here in a couple days and I'll see if it was worth the extra dough. ;)

I should get a current tin for comparison.

Bought myself a Missouri Meerschaum (Legend I believe, with the bent stem) the other day. Smoked very well last night. Somewhat of a strange taste to it, but I am assuming it was because it was the first bowl. Had some Butternut Burley in there. I like how light the pipe is and the smaller chamber makes for a great quick smoke. Packed it using the Frank Method and smoked all the way to the bottom after I got it lit up proper. No second light needed. I used the filter (which may have attributed to the odd taste) but I will give it a go without it tonight. Great pipe for the money, and nice to have on hand when my briar needs a rest.

Next purchase is going to be a Meerschaum. Saw one at my local shop I liked and it would be nice to have something that I can smoke more than one bowl out of without giving it a rest, plus it offers a clean slate for trying new blends/styles of tobacco. I'll post an update when I pick one up!

Bought myself a Missouri Meerschaum (Legend I believe, with the bent stem) the other day. Smoked very well last night. Somewhat of a strange taste to it, but I am assuming it was because it was the first bowl. Had some Butternut Burley in there. I like how light the pipe is and the smaller chamber makes for a great quick smoke. Packed it using the Frank Method and smoked all the way to the bottom after I got it lit up proper. No second light needed. I used the filter (which may have attributed to the odd taste) but I will give it a go without it tonight. Great pipe for the money, and nice to have on hand when my briar needs a rest.

Next purchase is going to be a Meerschaum. Saw one at my local shop I liked and it would be nice to have something that I can smoke more than one bowl out of without giving it a rest, plus it offers a clean slate for trying new blends/styles of tobacco. I'll post an update when I pick one up!
Cobs always taste a little funny the first couple of smokes. Just give it a few tries and that thing will be smoking like a champ. Butternut Burley is especially nice in a cob (as are most Burley blends). Carter Hall is another great tobacco for cob smoking.

Savinelli: Tortuga 602

Mac Baren: Navy Flake 100g

Samuel Gawith: Squadron Leader 50g

Esoterica: Penzance 2oz

G. L. Pease: Barbary Coast 2oz

Cornell & Diehl: Haunted Bookshop 2oz

:blush:

Just bought a tin of Peterson Connoisseurs Choice. I heard it is a mild aromatic but pretty flavorful. Has pretty good reviews on TR.com I'm sticking to my aromatics for the time being until I work my way up to the harder stuff! I'll probably fire up a bowl of this after work tonight and see how it goes. Review to follow later!

Just arrived: Tins of Kingfisher, FVF, Cairo, Stratford, Solani 633, Campanile, and Old Gowrie.

Doc.

Bought a nice meerschaum this past weekend. It's beautiful and simple...egg shaped bowl with minor decorative details carved in it, with a curved stem. I smoked only twice so far but it was a cool smoke. The only thing that offended me after the first smoke was the tar smell that was drawn into the pipe. The pipe itself literally smelled like a wet cigarette after I was finished smoking. I am guessing that once it is smoked a few more times the smell will taper off. Nevertheless, it's a beautiful piece to add to the collection. Hoping to pick up a Boswell next!!!

I have so much VA tobacco and no desire to smoke it. I really like the English flavor. So yesterday I bought a Savinelli Lollo rusticated to use as a dedicated VA/VAper pipe. It's a cool little pocket bowl. To add to that, I also purchased a tin of Frog Morton on the Town, Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture and MM 965.

I kind of went on a rampage over at smokingpipes.com. I made an order with a lot of the stuff that you all recommend repeatedly. I trust that it all will be great smoking stuff!

Cornell & Diehl: Haunted Bookshop 8oz
G. L. Pease: Maltese Falcon 2oz

I just picked up a new Bjarne Smooth Canadian on Ebay. This is a long pipe!
3e2c_1.JPG

3ed5_1.JPG

I kind of went on a rampage over at smokingpipes.com. I made an order with a lot of the stuff that you all recommend repeatedly. I trust that it all will be great smoking stuff!

Nice selection. All in my Top 10.

Nice selection. All in my Top 10.
cool! I will report back with my thoughts on each one.