• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

Just bought a house blend "Your Father's Blend" from a semi-local (an 1.5 hour drive) B&M. Will edit later tonight to add my newbie opinion when I finish work and smoke it.

A Marxmen MEL-O-BRIAR Circa 1937, restored in mint condition. And a Longchamp Leather Clad Pipe Circa 1960 something. Which has never been smoked out of. And most likely never will.

A Marxmen MEL-O-BRIAR Circa 1937, restored in mint condition. And a Longchamp Leather Clad Pipe Circa 1960 something. Which has never been smoked out of. And most likely never will.
I had one of those. I gave it away. It was a billiard, finished in a brown leather. I miss it.

Doc.

I had one of those. I gave it away. It was a billiard, finished in a brown leather. I miss it.

Doc.

This is the pipe Doc. I have no idea on what model it is.
ef5c_12.jpg

f214_12.jpg

Yup that's it. I bought it when I was 18, which was back in the '60's. It was a great smoker. I wish I could have it back. You should use it. According to my antique dealer friends, smoking paraphernalia will never be worth much.

Doc.

Yup that's it. I bought it when I was 18, which was back in the '60's. It was a great smoker. I wish I could have it back. You should use it. According to my antique dealer friends, smoking paraphernalia will never be worth much.

Doc.

My wife actually purchased it for me as I had to choose between buying this pipe and bidding on a new, still in the box Nimrod pipe lighter. Its cool to know what model it is .
Thanks Doc

Just picked up a couple of cob pipes from Frenchy's along with some cleaners and tamper. Also won over the weekend (Sat.) a Mastercraft De Lux. From my research, this is either the company that took over Dr. Grabow, or the other way around. Not sure, but all had positive feed back for a low dollar pipe. I've started to PB&J it for lunches to help with the added gas and I'm sticking a bit aside for the added stress :p

I also got the rest of the #14 from my local B&M. I'm not sure, but it could be the MacCleland No. 14, as there was a "Macland" on the bottom of the jar. They are very limited to there stock so it is a long shot they would carry such. But since I'm not going to be ordering anything on line for a while.
(read as wife doesn't approve, but allows and I know how far and when to push!)

I'm really enjoying the pipe and looking forward to expanding my tastes.

Andy

I just picked this up from Frenchy.

DanbarkSmall.jpg

I can't wait until it arrives. I've heard so many good things about the Danbarks. :)

Sam Gawith Tin Pipe Tobacco - Squadron Leader(50g)
G.L. Pease Tin - Cairo(2oz.)
Rattrays Hal O the Wynd 100g tin
Butera Tin - Sweet Cavendish (50g)

I reckon that is a good start. :whistling:

Very impressive pipes gentleman! I just acquired a few house blends (2 ounces each) from the local shop, Nightcap, Aged Black Maduro Cavendish, and The Balkan II. All have a great aroma!

Went kind of on a run yesterday and today:

Frog Morton - On the town
Penzance
Early Morning
Squadron Leader
Full Virginia Flake
Royal Yacht
Light Flake
Kingfisher
Butternut Burley

Great Dane Cob

Hopefully that will last me for a while.

Yesterday, I went into a cigar store I only stopped at once before, a few years ago. Back then they had most of the basic brands and that's it. I went there this time for pipe tobacco. They had all the drug store brands. Then I saw a pouch of Sasieni Balkan Mixture, which I really like, mixed in with the capt blacks. I'm almost finished with the first tin I bought (BTW, I paid $11 for that tin). I took the pouch to the counter, it had no price and it was the last one. He looked at the price of the Capt Black pouches and charged me the same. I think it was like $4 and change? I had to keep myself from smiling. :D

Before leaving I went to look at the lame humidor and spotted a box of the old brown label Sosa's. I grabbed a pyramid for $6. Rob (rob300c) turned me on to these gems a few years back. They are a pretty good cigar for the money (The new one's not so good). I can't wait to torch it at the BBQ HERF tomorrow.

The things that make me happy!! :laugh:

good grief bfree! you went crazy!

I just got my old Nordic pipe in the mail from the folks. Hoping to light it up next friday or saturday.

3475_image.jpg

Danbark poker from Frenchy, and 2 tins of GLP Key Largo

3475_image.jpg

Danbark poker from Frenchy, and 2 tins of GLP Key Largo

Those Danbarks are beauties! I just got my newest in the mail yesterday and the photos do not do them justice at all. First rate!