• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Working Mans Pass

Emo, I'd be happy to see both sides stop the pissing match and have you run your pass.

OK, point taken about "being an active member" and Jonsey is right - we all have to play by the same rules, no questions there. But I'm willing to accept that babysitting the CPI stash for seven+ years makes you active. Yes, perhaps replies to CPI questions could have been handled better but IMHO that's another issue.

This back and forth crap can stop anytime by all involved, IMHO. If anyone has any "questions" about Emo or his pass, then don't sign up for it and stay out of it.

Run your pass, or not, your choice. If you choose not to, you don't owe anyone squat, from where I sit.

My god, folks....this is a hobby and we're supposed to be having FUN here. Yes, there are rules and we all have to follow them or suffer the consequences. I don't see that isn't happening here.

One man's crabby opinion - B.B.S.

I just read all of this and I don't think you are obligated to send me anything Emodx. I did not even consider your activity when I read through everything and signed up. I do appreciate the gesture though.

I'm still new here and wholly appreciate both sides of this coin. I hope everyone will be able to make ammends here, but I'll defer on this to the board seniors.

Mad Monk and BBS both put calm precise wisdom out there.

This had the making of a great pass and I will feel disappointed if this one didn't go.
It is up to you brother.
Please don't send me 2 sticks. Send me a big ol box so I can revel in the beauty, take a couple and put a couple then go to Gavins, Hand this sucker to him, smoke and post pictures of brothers smoking.
Then Gavin can ship it off to the next brother.
That's what it's all about!

I am with beyond on this don't send me anything unless it is the pass box. I know I am new here and don't want to step out of line but being part of this pass I must say I can see the rule in question but after reading the CPI thread and this one IMHO you have personally cared for a giant cooler of smokes to help this community out. That takes time, money and effort by you and only you. So you didn't post on the boards ok but you have done all that for CPI.

Again thanks for the offer for the ISOM but I would rather see the pass run.

Thanks Paul

I don't think Emo qualifies to start this pass on his own. It seems black and white to me. That being said, if someone wants to step up to co-host this who does qualify, it might be kosher. I believe similar solutions have worked before. I do not qualify, because I've only done Greg's 201 pass, and Jake's BOTL in Arms pass. Unless Phil's Cigar Draft counts? Does anyone wish to step up who really qualifies?

I don't think Emo qualifies to start this pass on his own. It seems black and white to me. That being said, if someone wants to step up to co-host this who does qualify, it might be kosher. I believe similar solutions have worked before. I do not qualify, because I've only done Greg's 201 pass, and Jake's BOTL in Arms pass. Unless Phil's Cigar Draft counts? Does anyone wish to step up who really qualifies?

Brian?

I don't think Emo qualifies to start this pass on his own. It seems black and white to me.
I'll bite....how is this "black and white"....??

Im no authority on anything except foot in mouth disease, but for the purpose of discussion, I think maintaining the CPI can be argued as activity. Its not like everyone that goes dormant and comes back can claim that. FFS, he volunteered to steward some high end stuff that isn't his for the past 6-7 years and hasn't done anything to make anybody question his integrity.

Isn't there some stipulation that if a FOG signs off on him, he can run the pass? I'm just saying I don't think it's right to tell a guy, who's humidor space we've essentially borrowed for pass insurance and hasn't shown any cracks in integrity for the entire time, that he isn't active and can't run a pass.

I would like to see Rod make a ruling soon on this. As far as Emo and Jonesy go, I think emotions were just high and shit happens. No need to start a board war.

Emo IS a FOG......;) In the truest sense of the word.

Look, Emo was here long before me and has administered the CPI stash for years. I'm willing to consider that activity. He has run passes, sales, trades, buys.....been there, done that. Many times.

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say he's more than qualified to run a pass, and doesn't need any buy in from anyone else.

That is, of course, one man's opinion......B.B.S.

I don't think Emo qualifies to start this pass on his own. It seems black and white to me.
I'll bite....how is this "black and white"....??
I'm not saying it is, I'm saying it seems that way to me. It seems far more open to interpretation to others based on their reading of the activity rule. I'm not right, and others aren't wrong. This is one of those subjects that we can argue about until the cows come home, but that doesn't sound like much fun, so I was trying to offer a solution that would make it a moot point.

Emo, I'd be happy to see both sides stop the pissing match and have you run your pass.

This back and forth crap can stop anytime by all involved, IMHO. If anyone has any "questions" about Emo or his pass, then don't sign up for it and stay out of it.

Tom, there has been no pissing match. I've made one post in this thread and it was in direct result of Emo calling me a jackass and telling me to go fuck myself. If I can't respond to someone doing that, I don't see a point in posting at all.

You guys can hail his "activity" due to keeping up with CPI sticks, but I see someone that hasn't posted in two years nor logged into CP in over a year (and probably only because he was notified to the questions arising with CPI). Yea, that's someone that cares about what goes on around here.

Tom, there has been no pissing match. I've made one post in this thread and it was in direct result of Emo calling me a jackass and telling me to go fuck myself. If I can't respond to someone doing that, I don't see a point in posting at all.

You guys can hail his "activity" due to keeping up with CPI sticks, but I see someone that hasn't posted in two years nor logged into CP in over a year (and probably only because he was notified to the questions arising with CPI). Yea, that's someone that cares about what goes on around here.
Agreed, there is no pissing match coming from me.

Jonesy was well within his rights to call me on what i said.

I don't log in because:

1. I don't have much to say at all. The board has taken a turn from what it is and I don't care to comment on most items.
2. I had a couple major changes in my life and my free time is best spent with my attention on my family and my career.
3. I occasionally surf in and don't log in. Lurking isn't activity but I have been peeking in at time to time.
4. You are right, the only reason I logged in was about questions arising in CPI. You can say that I don't care, but I came in the front to to let people know all is well with CPI and to get CPI "right" by the CPI members. So yeah, I don't care for a lot of the crap that goes on around the board. But I do care about doing what I can to keep this board viable. Doing what I can means posting less unless my threads/posts have something of meaning.

Unless Rod has something to say, I don't see the value of bring Rod to rule on anything. There are pro's and con's to launching this pass. And I am positive that neither the value of the pro's or con's outweigh the other. Let's just put this to rest and move on to more important things.

-Emo

Run your pass, or not, your choice. If you choose not to, you don't owe anyone squat, from where I sit.

Pretty much.... I have been away from the board for a while myself so I honestly didn't notice your lack of participation befrore I said I would join the pass.... Does it matter? Not to me. It's not like you are a stranger or someone who has belonged and NEVER participated.