• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

You Learn Something New Every Year Pass aka...This space reserved...

ok... everything looks to be in orderly disorder. all the smokes look to be in good shape.

so here's my plays and please correct me if I'm off (of course you will :laugh: )

Takes

1. SG 858 OR
86. Davidoff Brobergs
108. Edmundo Dante Conde 109
115. La China DC '08

Puts

162. Padron Millennium Natural
163. Padron Millennium Maduro
164. Cohiba Sublime
165. Taboada Doble Piramides
166. 858 SG
167. Padron 1926 #35 Maduro '05

Hopefully these puts/takes are good and I can get this on the way to NorCal tomorrow! :thumbs:

Thanks for letting me play, Phil!

I don't know Chris. You are putting in much more than you take out. I am not sure that that is in the spirit of Phil's pass to do so.

Please adjust accordingly.. :p

Wow fantastic puts Chris, you weren't kidding when you said you had something in mind! Great choices too, I couldn't believe for the life of me the 858 SG lasted until the last leg and the Brobergs too. Thanks again for working to track this beast down, it was definitely a relief when everything straightened out. Unless someone has a concern I think you are good to go, assuming Mark is ready to receive.

seadub... fantastic job with your puts/takes. Over the top, as I'm sure you know... but dayum! :D

Elvis has left the building (and hopefully you'll get to smoke one of those Millenniums Phil :laugh: )

0308 3390 0000 4050 7095

Hey Phil... how long do we have to get our lessons into you?

Well Josh and Evan both said they are stealing them so it may be a tough road home. I will give lessons until two weeks after the last p/t are posted to be eligible for the prize. So a few weeks probably.

Alright, I've put it off long enough, so here is my lesson (yeah, it's boring but get over it).

Most of you probably have 401K's through your jobs, or you have money invested in mutual funds. Every morning when you open the newspaper you can check the price (or Net Asset Value per share) of your investments. Okay, so what's the point....well how your money converts from what is deducted from your check, to the value that gets posted in the newspaper is what I do for a living. Allow me to walk you through the daily process of your money.

Every morning my groups first task is to calculate the net cash available for each mutual fund and provide that information to our traders. To devise the cash amount we add up the prior day ending value of the fund, we add in any security maturities, dividends, interest payments received, and net fundshare (FS subscriptions are money paid into the fund, and FS redemptions are money withdrawn from the fund by the investor.) After this figure is provided to the trader they take that money and make trades. They then relay those trades to us, and we process them on the accounting system, and set up all related dividend and interest accruals, any amortization(decrease/increase project for the security spread out over time). We also process any fundshare transactions that occur during the day on the fund. As 3:30 PM CST approaches we begin the process of valuing the funds. We derive the daily closes prices for all equity securities (stocks), all bonds, and commodities (futures, options, swaps, etc.) from our multiple market feeds, or from pricing vendors available to us. We also apply the daily closed currency exchange rates to foreign holdings, and we begin our calculation process. The formula looks easy for pricing (par of the securities x closing price x exchange rate all added together and then divided by the total number of outstanding shares of the fund). After the calculations are complete we have until 5:00 PM CST to send our NAV's to Nasdaq so they can publish them in the paper for you to see.

Now if you mix the above process with breakfast and lunch, a couple of trips to the bathroom, a few dozen stops on CP, and some general jacking around, that is my work day. So the next time you look at your paycheck and see your 401K deduction, just know there is a good chance that money will pass across my desk. Makes sticking it under the mattress not seem like such a bad idea huh?

Alright, I've put it off long enough, so here is my lesson (yeah, it's boring but get over it).

Most of you probably have 401K's through your jobs, or you have money invested in mutual funds. Every morning when you open the newspaper you can check the price (or Net Asset Value per share) of your investments. Okay, so what's the point....well how your money converts from what is deducted from your check, to the value that gets posted in the newspaper is what I do for a living. Allow me to walk you through the daily process of your money.

Every morning my groups first task is to calculate the net cash available for each mutual fund and provide that information to our traders. To devise the cash amount we add up the prior day ending value of the fund, we add in any security maturities, dividends, interest payments received, and net fundshare (FS subscriptions are money paid into the fund, and FS redemptions are money withdrawn from the fund by the investor.) After this figure is provided to the trader they take that money and make trades. They then relay those trades to us, and we process them on the accounting system, and set up all related dividend and interest accruals, any amortization(decrease/increase project for the security spread out over time). We also process any fundshare transactions that occur during the day on the fund. As 3:30 PM CST approaches we begin the process of valuing the funds. We derive the daily closes prices for all equity securities (stocks), all bonds, and commodities (futures, options, swaps, etc.) from our multiple market feeds, or from pricing vendors available to us. We also apply the daily closed currency exchange rates to foreign holdings, and we begin our calculation process. The formula looks easy for pricing (par of the securities x closing price x exchange rate all added together and then divided by the total number of outstanding shares of the fund). After the calculations are complete we have until 5:00 PM CST to send our NAV's to Nasdaq so they can publish them in the paper for you to see.

Now if you mix the above process with breakfast and lunch, a couple of trips to the bathroom, a few dozen stops on CP, and some general jacking around, that is my work day. So the next time you look at your paycheck and see your 401K deduction, just know there is a good chance that money will pass across my desk. Makes sticking it under the mattress not seem like such a bad idea huh?

401K? What's a 401K?

Did I win?
No but very close!

Phil, your Jedi mind tricks won't work us! They are droids, not Beedogs!

Them's contest starting words.

Let's do a photo/video contest.

One post per hour per person.

One photo(set) per post.

Brad, Phil and Anthony will be the judges.

------------Post a picture of your favorite HOLIDAY photo/video - ANY HOLIDAY!-----------------

This will run until 11am EST January 1, 2009.

The judges will PM me their 3 favorites in order of best first. The winner will be the one with the most votes.
In the case of no multiple votes, the winner will be picked from the top 3.

Happy Holidays to all.

Prize:

Opus X DC
Opus X PL
Anejo 77
Fuente BTL
Cohiba Reserva Piramide
Por Larranaga Lonsdale EL

In no order of which judge is which...here are the votes:

1)putzmulligan for his beedog cheer.
2)Cigarman Andy for effort clicky
3) Swissy for family photo

1)Indyrob - Asian Christmas Album
2)Jaybay -Daughter's Picture
3)Tomthirtysix- Son's picture

1) Hillbilly's girls
2) The Opus X-mas tree
3) Swissy's family cookies

The winner is - CigarMan Andy - congratulations!

PM me your address.

A box arrived yesterday, and I just wanted to say

thanks.jpg

Ok guys,

The pass is leaving to Joshua-Napa Smokes.

Here is what I have done.

Take outs:
#146 Bolivar RE from Canada
#164 Cohiba EL 2004

Put ins
#168 Original Release CAO Anni. maduro "A" made in Costa Rica by Don Douglas
#169 Tatuaje Maravillas custom made for Leaf and Ale. Only 50 boxes made.
#170 Bolivar Gold Medal 2007
#171 Tatuaje Monster Frank from box #135
#172 Cohiba Maduro 5 Magicos

also in added the following
1 - Dominicana Dunhill Esplendido. 8 x 50 in a coffin box.
1- 4pk Custom ISOM. If you want any info please pm me.

Joshua here is the DC# 0103 8555 7495 0756 7799

Mark

Package made it safely here today. I am still going through it.

Here are my P/t's

T: #169 Tatuaje Maravillas P: #173 OR Avo 22 Euro
T: #148 Padron Family Reserva P: #174 2005 GOF Pyramid from Humidor
T: Padron Millenium P: Evan's black Soul

Package made it safely here today. I am still going through it.

Here are my P/t's

T: #169 Tatuaje Maravillas P: #173 OR Avo 22 Euro
T: #148 Padron Family Reserva P: #174 2005 GOF Pyramid from Humidor
T: Padron Millenium P: Evan's black Soul

This is gonna go around for a second loop right Phil?

I'm not interested in Evan's soul so you will have to drop that one, unless it is an RE of some sort.