• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

15% OFF Heartfelt Industries Humidity Beads

Welcome back, just ordered recently. Awesome vendor!

From now until August 10th, Heartfelt Industries is offering a 15% discount on all Heartfelt Humidity Bead and Humidity Sheet products.

Please use the Discount Code CP1018 during checkout and the 15% Discount will be applied to any Heartfelt Humidity Bead and Humidity Sheet products you purchase.

www.Heartfeltindustries.com
Hi Viper, old thread but figured I'd try.

I ordered a couple pounds of Heartfelt 65% beads. They arrived and I calibrated my hygrometers at 75% that day. Did a salt calibration for 24hr, then a boveda 75% calibration to verify.

I didn't add any water to the heartfelt beads, they are still 99% white, only a couple have any sign of opaque/ clearness.

Then the beads and the hygrometers went in a sealed container for a few days. The reading is 72%, not 65%.

Took the beads out, put boveda packs in with hygrometers, reading is accurate, 65%. Did this again with 69% boveda, still accurate. Put the 65% heartfelt beads back in, reading is 72% again.

I have emailed you guys 3 times over the last 40 days with no reply.

Please reach out.

Thank you,

Adam

Hi Viper, old thread but figured I'd try.

I ordered a couple pounds of Heartfelt 65% beads. They arrived and I calibrated my hygrometers at 75% that day. Did a salt calibration for 24hr, then a boveda 75% calibration to verify.

I didn't add any water to the heartfelt beads, they are still 99% white, only a couple have any sign of opaque/ clearness.

Then the beads and the hygrometers went in a sealed container for a few days. The reading is 72%, not 65%.

Took the beads out, put boveda packs in with hygrometers, reading is accurate, 65%. Did this again with 69% boveda, still accurate. Put the 65% heartfelt beads back in, reading is 72% again.

I have emailed you guys 3 times over the last 40 days with no reply.

Please reach out.

Thank you,

Adam

Hey Adam, so, did you ever add distilled water to the beads to activate them?

Hey Adam, so, did you ever add distilled water to the beads to activate them?
Hi! I did not.

In reading the FAQ and tutorials it says if the beads are clear from adding water they won't absorb humidity. Since I am trying to lower humidity in my humidor from 69% to 65% I didn't want to add water. It seems the white beads are supposed to absorb humidity the best, so I figured pulling that extra humidity out of the air into the beads would be all the buffer that's needed moving forward.

I haven't seen any comments on the heartfelt site about adding water to activate. I assumed if they come dry they would start soaking up humidity quickly. Have you had a different experience?

This screen-shot is from Heartfelt's website. Help>tutorials>bead setup.

They say to put a bowl of distilled water next to the beads and they will absorb the water through the air humidity.

Following this logic, if the beads were made correctly, they should have lowered the rh down from 69% to 65% over a month in the test container. Instead they raised it from 69% to 72%.

I very well might be missing something, forest through the trees. Signs seem to indicate the beads were made a bit high, and aren't 65% beads. They consistently settle at 72%.

Screenshot_20230119-031631_Chrome.jpg

Hi! I did not.

In reading the FAQ and tutorials it says if the beads are clear from adding water they won't absorb humidity. Since I am trying to lower humidity in my humidor from 69% to 65% I didn't want to add water. It seems the white beads are supposed to absorb humidity the best, so I figured pulling that extra humidity out of the air into the beads would be all the buffer that's needed moving forward.

I haven't seen any comments on the heartfelt site about adding water to activate. I assumed if they come dry they would start soaking up humidity quickly. Have you had a different experience?

I put all mine in nylons I cut up, put them in a big enough container, then put water in about 3/4 of the way. I go do something for a bit, half hour or so, then check them. If all the water hasn't been absorbed I flip them over. Take out, make sure no drip, drop in cooler, or whatever. They take a couple few days to give off or take-in... and that's that.

Repeat about every 6 Mos. But that's here in WI. I guess I've never not started by soaking them first.

20220224_154912.jpg

I put all mine in nylons I cut up, put them in a big enough container, then put water in about 3/4 of the way. I go do something for a bit, half hour or so, then check them. If all the water hasn't been absorbed I flip them over. Take out, make sure no drip, drop in cooler, or whatever. They take a couple few days to give off or take-in... and that's that.

Repeat about every 6 Mos. But that's here in WI. I guess I've never not started by soaking them first.

View attachment 64759

Thanks! When did you buy yours? Have you ever tested their rh in a sealed container after soaking them?

I am trying to use them to drop the rh, not raise or maintain yet.

Maybe I got a poorly calibrated batch, but can't get ahold of anyone at heartfelt.