• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2016 Olympics

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I'm very excited to watch the Olympics. Who else follows them? Some sports I'm looking forward to is golf, beach volleyball, swimming, soccer and rhythm gymnastics.

I do. I hope everything goes well in Brazil...

I try to catch the Weight Lifting, Shot Put, Discus, and Gymnastics. Have a soft spot for those as I did all but the gymnastics, competitively, as a youngster. The Gymnastics is just cool.

Track and field, Boxing, Swimming, but I watch whatever is on including Badminton.

Doc

I'll watch a few things here and there, it's usually pretty exciting. Interested in the swimming to see if Phelps can squeeze out another medal or two and the gymnastics. Always entertaining.

I love the Olympics. I can watch any sporting event if I have a rooting interest. If I don't know anything about the sport, I can always root for the American.

I love the Olympics. I can watch any sporting event if I have a rooting interest. If I don't know anything about the sport, I can always root for the American.
One thing which i think really helps keep interest in the Olympics, is the back stories about the athletes- which to be fair is usually the Americans. But it helps me feel better connected with the Olympians.

I watch pretty much anything that's on. It's so fun watching the athletes. I can't imaging the amount of practice and dedication it takes to compete.

I used to love ABCs Wide World of Sports as a kid when they showed the power lifting.

Never seem to catch the Olympic competition, though.

My wife and I always watch a bunch of the Olympics. Track and Field, swimming and gymnasty are our favorites.

One of my daughters in law works at the home office at Mutual of Omaha which was sponsoring the swimming qualifying in Omaha and they had several drawings for tickets for the finals. If she won we were going. But, she didn't win. We watched from home wishing we could have gotten lucky.

Pretty much watch whatever's on. Looking forward to the golf... And the beach volleyball.

Women's soccer was good yesterday, US def NZ and CAN def AUS in the games I saw.

I'll watch nearly all sports so long as they don't have too many of those sob story athlete profile fluff pieces of the American who you get to watch come in fifth, but where you don't get to see those who actually won. So NBC primetime pisses me off most of the time. I'm hoping the stuff that they steam through their app or online will focus mostly on the sport.

rio-2016-summer-olympics-100-days-jennings.jpg

http://www.si.com/olympics/2016/04/27/rio-2016-summer-olympics-100-days

I watched the 2008 Opening Ceremonies from Beijing on YouTube last night. I forgot how visually stunning it was. I'm watching the 2012 Opening from London now and forgot how generally entertaining it was. Rio has some tough acts to follow. Perhaps they should just go with a 4-hour Carnival Parade.

I watched the 2008 Opening Ceremonies from Beijing on YouTube last night. I forgot how visually stunning it was. I'm watching the 2012 Opening from London now and forgot how generally entertaining it was. Rio has some tough acts to follow. Perhaps they should just go with a 4-hour Carnival Parade.
That would have been a better use of their resources.