• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Vegas Cask Strength II Toro

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Another cloudy day, however a good bit warmer with the temperature gauge showing 56F. There’s a very soft breeze and a ton of birds singing, almost sounds like spring out here. I hear in the distance the high pitched sound of someone dogging a motorcycle through its many gears. Ah I miss mine…a little. The wife and baby girl slept in quite late this morning, both not feeling all too well from some sort of flu like bug, however I was up early and preparing a twenty-one pound turkey to slide in the oven. Yes, that’s right, turkey in January. The wife was craving it for some strange reason, so took it out the freezer earlier in the week, and informed me that I would be cooking it Sunday.

So after sliding that monster in the oven, I messed around on the main computer for a bit, then decided to head out with a fresh cup of coffee and this 5 Vegas Cask Strength (courtesy of GregSVT). I pull the cello off to inspect the cigar and have an idea there’s some age on this stick due to they yellowish tint of the cello. The cigar itself has excellent box-pressed construction, a dark brown wrapper with noticeable oil, and small veins running throughout. It feels somewhat light in the hand, firm when squeezed with no soft spots to be found, and after punching the cap I find a perfect resistance in the draw with taste of slightly sweet, straightforward tobacco.

An abundance of smoke is produced once the foot is lit and burning even, and after a couple quick puffs I take a long draw to get a mild spice on the back of the tongue and throat. The smoke has a mild to almost medium strength to it with the body seemingly light on the palate and somewhat creamy. Flavors are semi-rich, sweet taste of raw honey, cocoa, and what reminds me of raw pecans (I pronounce that as pee-cans :D ). There’s a decent finish left on the palate, rich at first, however only semi-lasting.

It begins to pour down rain as I get through the first third and head into the middle of the cigar. It only lasts for maybe ten minutes or so and then stops, however looks like it could start again any moment now. The burn is razor sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds strong. I’d say the strength has built a little around the halfway mark becoming more of a medium; however the body is still quite light with the smoke continuing to be rather creamy on the palate. Flavors are consistent as previously described, not bad at all, with a decent semi-lasting finish.

Into the final third, the cigar performs perfect as before with sharp burn and perfect draw, and I will say that the flavors seemed to increase a bit in richness leaving a delicious finish on the palate, however still somewhat short. This was actually a really good morning smoke with coffee being fairly mild to almost medium throughout. Usually when I see “Cask Strength”, I’m thinking strong, or in this case full strength, however this was certainly not the case but still, a really good morning smoke.

01-24-105VegasCskStrgth004.jpg

01-24-105VegasCskStrgth001.jpg

01-24-105VegasCskStrgth002.jpg

01-24-105VegasCskStrgth003.jpg

DSC06044.jpg

I'll be honest when I say that, though I am a Pepin whore, I normally don't care for 5 Vegas. This particular one though has always garnered some interest from me though, and now I may have to just give it a try. Another great review as always Greg! You know it's good if it changes ones opinion of a line, and instead makes you curious to try it again.

Wife craving a turkey huh? Hmmmm. You should revisit this review in about say...............9 months?
laugh.gif
j/k

IIRC, the first Cask Strength had a red label and was around when I first got into cigars. I didn't get to try it before so maybe this time it may be worth looking at. Great picture of a delicious bird too!