$60 Letgo Find!

Discussion in 'Humidor Forum' started by stewa070, Sep 9, 2017.

1. stewa070

stewa070 Active Member

Oct 25, 2003
    Gadsden, Alabama
    IMG_1772.JPG Stumbled across this Tramontina 45 bottle wine fridge on Letgo this week for $60. Retails at $299 at Sam's Club right now. Nothing wrong with it other than being a compressor model - which has some advantages in that it has a much wider operating temperature, can handle big ambient temp swings and is much larger than a thermoelectric unit can go.

I'll store my sticks in boxes so the RH swings will be negligible inside the boxes. Ordered two 80mm CPU fans to keep the air moving. This will help control RH swings because moving air stabilizes temp fluctuations which cause the compressor to kick on.

Covering the entire bottom of this thing with KL and maybe a Hydra LG cabinet humidifier I'm watching on eBay. If all else fails and this is just a mess I will just unplug the fridge and quit worrying about the temp control.

For the money I think I picked up a great new office display humi!

Acclaym, Nate1977 and tone-ny like this.
  2. CigSid

CigSid Love this place...

Jan 25, 2014
    Southern California
    Nice find... make sure you get a timer for your fans, similar to this one, so you can run them a few times a day... You don't need to run them 24/7...

3. maduro89

maduro89 Straight Razors and Whisky

Oct 9, 2011
    Nice find, I found a Newair on Craigslist for $20 last month. Isn't it a good feeling when you find steals like this?

stewa070 likes this.