• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A queston about ISOM

Seriously ??? I thought this was supposed to be a friendly and fun filled site i can learn from ....... so far all i have been met with is sarcasm and ridicule ???

Sorry, I'm not a English major Mr. Devil Doc, i guess your just gunna have to deal with it !!!!!

These come from Tod, or is it Rod..

DO'S AND DON'TS OF CP Do's: Read as much as possible, get used to CP, and just have fun. Be friendly to others, we're here to promote the enjoyment of cigars, and in turn you'll make a lot of friends from CP. Make sure you post an introduction before anything else. Use the SEARCH tool every chance you can. If you're searching for what seems like a common question, please use the search tool. We have two search tools; one is built into the forum software, and the other is the Google Site Search (located at the bottom of the forum). Always best to try using both search tools before asking what may be a common question. Do use proper grammar if you can. We are an international forum, so we understand English may not be your first language, and this is fine. Also, if you're not too familiar with computers, that's fine too, however if you purposely post without taking into consideration basic grammar (in other words, if you're lazy), it is frowned upon. Think before you post.

DONT'S: NEVER discuss sources on CigarPass. Sources are defined as company's which sell Cuban cigars. Cuban cigars are illegal in the United States. Please keep this type of communication private. Always know which forum you're posting in. Example: don't post a Want/Sale in the Lobby. We want to ensure all information is well organized, so please post appropriately. Don't flame another member. Don't discuss politics, religion, or any other "touchy" subject. CP is the place to get away from all of the nonsense; we're here for a good time, not to debate one another. Don't get involved in any controversial conversations. There are times when trolls enter CP, let the more established members handle the trolls. If a thread becomes heated, DO NOT POST POPCORN REFERENCES OR PICTURES OF POPCORN. This is considered baiting and will result in suspension of your account. Don't get defensive if an established member points out a mistake you're making. They're here to help you along, not criticize you. Don't "bump" old threads. If a thread is more than a year old, then there's probably no need to post to it. There are exceptions, please use your best judgment. Don't try to increase your post count. Post count means nothing. The reputation you build is what matters. Don't start a Cigar Pass right away. First, make sure you are well aware of the rules of a Cigar Pass. Don't join a Cigar Pass right away. We want everyone to enjoy Cigar Passes, but we also want to protect all of our members. Once in a while someone will do a Newbie Pass; this is designed for all of the new guys to get their feet wet and help establish themselves. Don't try to do a group buy right away, join a couple before hosting your own. Don't make your first post a "Sale" or "Want" ad. Get to know the community before making such a post. Don't constantly use foul language.

It's as simple as that.. Follow those rules and it will be friendly and fun, most of the time.

And so another thin skinned Noob rides off into the sunset. Good thing, I was about to get on him for his capitalization and adolescent writing style.

Doc.

Seriously ??? I thought this was supposed to be a friendly and fun filled site i can learn from ....... so far all i have been met with is sarcasm and ridicule ???

Sorry, I'm not a English major Mr. Devil Doc, i guess your just gunna have to deal with it !!!!!

Imagine, if you're still here, a stranger knocks on your door and starts asking you questions about buying illicit products. Don't you think that'll raise one huge red flag for you?

Now you've just put yourself in our shoes. We don't know you, all we know is you're new here and started asking about CC which is expressly prohibited on this board.

You can deal with this and become a good member to this community in due time however your reaction (i.e. butthurt) to the warnings the FOG's have given you suggest that you won't be here much longer. It really is your loss.

BC posted what I was thinking and always think when newbs get offended that they get ridiculed for being uneducated about this forum.

How many times have we seen a newb post something to the efffect of what LittleMoe posted "Seriously I thought this was supposed to be a friendly and fun filled site i can learn from ....... so far all i have been met with is sarcasm and ridicule".

As BC said, would you walk into any organized group and just asking questions about illicit or illegal activities that may affect the group. Would you walk into a gun club and immediately ask where or how to purchase an automatic weapon?

You say you want to learn, but did you spend any time reading any of the other threads here or and of the rules posted before you posted your questions.

I suggest that if you did would not have posted what you did, either you initial question or your response to the other comments.

Al

edited for spelling

I did read the rules. I even introduced myself BEFORE i posted???? Maybe i read it wrong but --"If you are seen asking membership to verify a source, your account will be suspended and/or banned." i didnt ask about a source ....... if what i asked was wrong, a simple "dont ask" what have been just fine .....

Being a proper pronoun, "I" like a name should be capitalized. Think of it as a way of showing respect to the person you're talking about.

I did read the rules. I even introduced myself BEFORE i posted???? Maybe i read it wrong but --"If you are seen asking membership to verify a source, your account will be suspended and/or banned." i didnt ask about a source ....... if what i asked was wrong, a simple "dont ask" what have been just fine .....

Have you ever been in a car wreck? Was there a moment, right before impact, where you wanted to change what was happening?

This thread is like a Groundhog Day car wreck: We've seen it happen on Cigarpass about once a month for years. A new user gets in trouble for asking about illicit items, gets upset, starts flinging insults around, sometimes even threatens someone, and then gets banned. Some of us still try to warn people off from doing that.

Sometimes they listen. Will you?

That's the tricky part and, I assume, what the other were warning you about. Yeah, you didn't ask about sources specifically but your line of questioning is treading on thin ice. So you got warnings.

If you didn't live in the U.S. I would assume this wouldn't have been an issue.

My suggestion to you would be to drop the ISOM topic altogether for now. Good things come to those who wait. Trust me. The guys will rib you for sure, but how you react to the ribbing is your choice.

Thanks ........ i was also trying to make conversion ........

Thanks again for the replies !!!!

But i do have a question............. if i'm not supposed to ask it here, then i'm sorry ..... i guess i'll just get yelled at again ...... lololol

If cubans are illegal in the U.S. then how can you buy them from a vendor ????

Your first post certianly seems like your were trying to stir the pot and the second certainly sounds like you were asking about sources. And then get mad when called on the mat about them.

If you did read the rules, you didnt clearly grasp them and if you didnt understand them, you should not be posting or asking questions about those topics.

DONT'S: NEVER discuss sources on CigarPass. Sources are defined as company's which sell Cuban cigars...first line in the rules..........

And if you had read any past posts, or spent any time here before posting your questions, you would understand why you didn't get a "simple "don't ask"".....................................

Well "i" am sorry my question rubbed you all the wrong way, i certainly did not mean it they way you guys took it ......... i did not insult until "i" was insulted .......... i tend to push back when i am pushed .....

Well "i" am sorry my question rubbed you all the wrong way, i certainly did not mean it they way you guys took it ......... i did not insult until "i" was insulted .......... i tend to push back when i am pushed .....

Then perhaps high school is a better place for you to hang out. Nice of you to drop by.

In your case, perhaps, the lower case "i" is appropriate.

Doc.

i tend to push back when i am pushed .....
With all do respect...don't. Walk away from your computer and smoke a nice cigar. Come back with a level head and take your lickings with a grain of salt. Snapping at the established members here will get you nowhere quick.

It's your choice, though.

Now it just looks like trolling. Sorry to everyone else if it is not my place yet to say so, but I'm just saying what I'm observing. You've been given fair warnings and now it seems like you're just trying to be intentionally sarcastic and arrogant. If that is not your intent than just apologize and start over. If it is, then you probably wont last too much longer.

Now it just looks like trolling. Sorry to everyone else if it is not my place yet to say so, but I'm just saying what I'm observing. You've been given fair warnings and now it seems like you're just trying to be intentionally sarcastic and arrogant. If that is not your intent than just apologize and start over. If it is, then you probably wont last too much longer.

i thought i did ...... sorry .......

And yet you write your apology with out use of the shift key. :rolleyes:

Doc.

A troll at it's finest.....

I'm not even going to be my usual prick self. I don't see how people can be as nice as they have been in explaining and he's still doing the same shit.

Doc.

Just for You Doc (playful jab ...)

*sigh*

And not even a happy fun troll, either. :rolleyes:

troll-dolls-300x193.jpg

Myself, I've come to the conclusion that getting snarky with Doc is a sign of banhammers to come. It just never seems to end well for that sort. ;)

~Boar

You haven't been around long enough to make playful jabs.

Doc, this one falls under the "Never will" category.

Especially to a Long standing member.

Doc.

Just for You Doc (playful jab ...)

WOW! does this tow the line of Asshat?

i didnt come here to be a troll ...... sorry you guys feel that way ......